Author Topic: So THAT'S where "it" is...  (Read 13982 times)

Offline Penny_Wilson

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • kingandwilson
So THAT'S where "it" is...
« on: April 28, 2004, 10:11:47 AM »
I think there was some discussion about this little piece of equipment a few weeks ago:   ::)

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2004/04/28/rasputin.shtml
"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts."  -- A Piece of Good Advice

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good. -- Henry Rollins

Offline Reed

• Boyar
  • Nothing like a good discussion!
    • View Profile
Re: So THAT'S where "it" is...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 10:15:17 AM »
MY....OH....MY!!!!!! :o

Offline Louise

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 10:32:57 AM »
I second that...OH MY, OH MY...

and I guess they have to get their facts right about the time that Rasputin arrived in St. Petersburg. Other than that it's a funny article.

The things that can make you smile ;D ::)

Louise
The sign of a sick mind is studying for a final exam and thinking it's the

Offline BobAtchison

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • The Alexander Palace
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 10:36:46 AM »
Of course how do we know it's his to begin with - thanks for posting that article link, Penny!

Bob

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 11:08:02 AM »
This is too good Penny, I've got to start reading that newspaper in addition to the other two I read from Russia!!!  I wonder how they got it away from the cult of little old ladies in Paris who guarded it with their very lives....this is rich!    ..Arleen

Offline BobAtchison

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • The Alexander Palace
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 11:11:42 AM »
Penny, has your research ever revealed how many Rasputin or Napoleon members there might be out there?  It's a funny question.

Bob

Offline Penny_Wilson

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • kingandwilson
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 01:14:31 PM »
Penny, has your research ever revealed how many Rasputin or Napoleon members there might be out there?  It's a funny question.

Well... I'm not sure that I've done all that much research into the severed penises of history!  :o

But I've always wondered why they have to be so unrealistically --- BIG.  I mean, sure, in Rasputin's case, this might explain his zest for life   :-* -- but at some point, they just start seeming impractical and kind of scary, and I have to wonder if some of them are human at all.    :P

As for how do we know which belonged to who -- your guess is as good as mine.  The last rumor I heard was that Rasputin's was in the possession of some elderly White Russians in Paris.  I'd be interested to hear how this curator managed to wrest it from the grasp of these old ladies, who, I seem to remember, venerated it as a relic of godly proportions (no pun intended!).

Someone has lately posted here a translation of Rasputin's autopsy protocol.  Naturally, there was no severance of any body parts recorded ("And then I chopped off his penis to make bank from his devotees" - I don't THINK so!), but there was also no note made of it being missing at this time.  So I think we can assume that Rasputin was pretty complete at the time of his autopsy.  One would have to be able to account for the body at every moment after that -- even after burial -- and up until the time of his ultimate exhumation and cremation.  And then there's the ickyness of decomposition and preservation and whatnot.  :-X  My best conclusion would be that it's simply beyond anything that could be proven -- one way or the other.

To quote Seinfeld's Elaine: "I don't know how you guys walk around with those things."  ::)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Penny_Wilson »
"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts."  -- A Piece of Good Advice

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 01:38:48 PM »
Proudly Penny...Proudly!!!  :) :o ;D

Janet Whitcomb

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 02:43:58 PM »
Not since reading the Maria Rasputin book have I been so (ahem) astonished.   :-*

As Mrs. Rasputin used to say, "He has enough for all!"   ;)

Offline Penny_Wilson

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • kingandwilson
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 03:05:22 PM »
Not since reading the Maria Rasputin book have I been so (ahem) astonished.   :-*

As Mrs. Rasputin used to say, "He has enough for all!"   ;)

Lordy!  There are SO many jokes on the tip of my tongue -- but this is a "G"-rated board, so -- pas devant les enfants!

8)

Offline Thierry

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 03:26:35 PM »
Sooooooooooooooo shocking :D

Please go on...  :P

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 03:43:53 PM »
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!this has got to be the wackiest thing i have seen in a really long time lol.I could not imagine saving Rasputins penis and calling it a holy relic.I can't imagine saving it at all...it's just too funny. :o :D
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Offline Reed

• Boyar
  • Nothing like a good discussion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 04:26:01 PM »
I know.......it could be checked for mtDna!!!!!!  Maybe it could be cloned!!!!! :o

Offline JM

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 05:12:12 PM »
I'm wondering how this new museum plans on displaying  "it"?

Offline _Rodger_

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2004, 07:08:27 PM »
This is just wrong.  :-/
WARNING!!!!  This post may be hazardous to one's sense of things.  Read with caution.