Author Topic: Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia & family  (Read 51565 times)

Offline Alex_for_King

• Serbia should be a Monarchy again!
    • View Profile
    • Serbian Royalty
Re: Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia & family
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2007, 01:57:23 AM »
LITTLE DEJANA COMES TO THE PALACE

Belgrade, 14TH March 2007 – Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Crown Princess Katherine in the presence of Prof. Dr. Ida Jovanovic warmly received little Dejana Krajacic and her parents and sister at The Royal Palace.

In December 2006, little Dejana contracted a heart infection which hit the aorta and critically damaged the left heart valve. The disease was diagnosed in Sombor, where Dejana was initially treated, and she was immediately transferred to the University Children’s Hospital in Belgrade where she was treated with the highest doses of antibiotics. The infection was spreading fast and the threat of complications was increasing every minute. She desperately needed a new valve in her heart.

When Princess Katherine met Dejana on Christmas day while visiting the children’s hospital she had only a few days left in her life. Her situation was serious.

Deeply touched with her condition Princess Katherine made an urgent appeal and brought one of the world’s top heart surgeons Dr. Afkendios Kalangos in an emergency private aircraft to Belgrade.

Dejana was successfully operated on 19 January and after two weeks she fully recovered and was released from the hospital.

“I can’t express the joy that I feel when I see Dejana alive and well here with us today. This is one of the best days in my life. Life is very precious and saving a life is a very emotional thing. I knew that little Dejana had to survive and I was determined to save her life. I warmly thank Dr. Kalangos, Dr. Ida Jovanovic and everyone at the Tirshova Hospital; it was a great team working together. I wish little Dejana and her family all the very best, they will always be in my heart and I thank God for this great miracle” – emphasized Crown Princess Katherine.

During the reception a conference call took place to Dr. Kalangos, who thanked Their Royal Highnesses for giving him the opportunity to save the life of little Dejana. He promised he will continue helping the children of Serbia.

Their Royal Highnesses gave Dejana a special gift, a Cinderella carriage for her favourite toy, a little horse she received from Princess Katherine on Christmas day.

Source: Serbian Royal Family

Offline Alex_for_King

• View Profile
    • Serbian Royalty
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2007, 02:00:41 AM »
To see photos of this wonderful event please see

http://www.royalfamily.org/events/2007/mart/14/photo_story.htm

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2007, 06:32:35 AM »
Aww thats so touching! The little girl looks adorable in pink! Thumbs-up to the doctor and his team for helping this little girl, and to Princess Katherine, of course, for making the surgery a possibility.

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline Alex_for_King

• View Profile
    • Serbian Royalty
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »
BLIC , 22 APRIL 2007

CONFESSION: KATHERINE KARADJORDJEVIC- THIS IS MY HOMELAND

My mother told me and my sister that female children do not have a country of their own, but that they get it once they get married. Meeting my husband was God’s will. I consider meeting my husband to be God’s will and I believe in faith. We were introduced by our mutual friends from Greece, in Washington. They invited us to lunch and we were seated next to each other. Our friends thought that we would get along well. We instantly felt a mutual attraction and it was very pleasant. I was a little nervous in the beginning. It was a little scary for me - he being a Prince says Princess Katherine Karadjordjevic for BLIC.

FAMILY

It was a very special moment in my life. I am extremely glad that he has 3 sons who came to live with us. The twins were 18 months old at the time, and Peter was 3 and a half years old. I helped to raise them and I am proud of it. I tried to be a support to them. It is important to have self-confidence. My parents had given that to me, and I think it is the biggest gift that parents can give to their children – to have self-respect.

PREVIOUS MARIAGE

I have 2 children from my previous marriage – a son and a daughter. My daughter married the same year as I did, although a few months earlier, and now she has 4 children. This year, my 3 grand children will be at University – two young women and a young man. One of my grandchildren, who is now a sophomore in college, is visiting us in Serbia right now. I have another grandson, from my daughter, who is 15 years old. My son married 2 years ago to a Greek lady and they live in Greece. My children took my marriage very well. My grandchildren and Alexander’s boys grew up together, because the age difference between them is only 2-3 years apart. We spent holidays together and we have a million of memories that we share. If we can’t unite families, we can’t unite countries, either.

CHILDHOOD IN ATHENS

I was born in Athens and have a sister who is 3 and half years older than me. I grew up in high society. My father worked in the textile business; he owned a factory which employed a thousand people and he always cared for every one of them. He helped people, mostly workers at the factory. When they worked together as a football team would, they were the best. My mother was just a mother and that is why I have learned so much from her. My mother told me and my sister that female children do not have a country of their own, but that they get it once they get married. It is not important to have just the education and the looks, but also to have happiness (good fortune). I remember earthquakes in Greece and other misfortunes. My mother collected children in buses and always cared to provide them a safe heaven in specialized institutions. Our family participated in all events of the country and we helped many people. It is the people that make a country. I was 15 years old when I went to a school in Switzerland. I was only 15 minutes away from my husband Alexander, but destiny did not want us to meet at that time. Besides, we were also too young. It was astonishing when we discovered many years later, that, at the time, we were so close to each other.

MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE

I came back to Athens at the age of 18, and married the following year. I had my first child there and we went to America. After 20 years of marriage and 2 children, I got divorced. Then I met my husband, I married again and it has been 20 years that I am happy, happier than ever before. I do not have any regrets, because one learns from life, out of every experience. I have two wonderful children from my first marriage, and 3 sons from my second marriage, as I consider them just like my children. A mother is not just a person who brings children to life, but also a person who raises them. Many think that the boys are our children. We had a baby sitter, who was with us for a year, and she understood it only after a year, and then she cried. She could not understand it. The boys called me “mommy” and I always respected their mother and I let them know it. I told them that they were very happy to have two moms. We are one big family. They always knew that I was not their real mother, because we made sure that they spent every Easter, Christmas, holiday with her. I was not there to replace her, I was there to love them and give them what they needed. Nobody can replace anybody and there is no need for it.

STRUGGLE FOR LIFE

When you learn to give, it becomes like the oxygen, and when you are not helping others, you do not feel well. People in our country need to know to ask and request. Many feel that they should get something without asking for it, because they are proud people. I understand that, but everything has limits. After a war, every country has a lot of needs. This is normal. We lack things, not because we were not good, but because we had to endure a lot of hard times.

SERBIAN LANGUAGE

The first word that I learned in Serbian was “Ne” (English - “No”), which in Greek means exactly the opposite – “Yes”. When the meaning was explained to me, I realized the kind of problem I was in. I love everything in this country, but I am having trouble with the language. My biggest problem is that I do not have the time to learn it, because I try to help in other ways.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Offline Alex_for_King

• View Profile
    • Serbian Royalty
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2007, 04:03:50 PM »
CONTINUED BELOW...

DEJANA

When I saw a girl, Dejana, on Christmas, and when I gave her a present, I was told that she would be able to play with it only for a week. I asked why, and was told that it was the time she had left to live. She is 5 and a half years old. I saw her mother in the corner, crying. I told her: “Do not worry. We will help your child get better”. At that moment I felt very responsible, because I had given her hope. I had to do something. I called a doctor from Switzerland and he found a new heart valve. I called everyone I knew, and I asked them if they had ever saved someone’s life. I told them that I was giving them the chance. I found a plane in an hour. The doctor came at 8 p.m. and went to the hospital at Tirsova Street, straight from the airport. Then he came to the Palace, slept for a few hours, and, at 5 a.m. he operated on her, with a team of our doctors and nurses. He had saved her life. We had all saved her life, together, because we were dedicated. My husband and I will never stop fighting for the benefit of the people.

THE JOY OF GIVING

I am very proud of the Foundation for Education and Culture, which was founded by my husband. He manages to gain scholarships from all over the world, for our young people here in Serbia. He is preparing young people for the future. It is very important for our students to have friends in the world. My husband is very proud of the young people in our country and so am I.

CALLS (FOR HELP)

I am concerned for the elderly. We do not have enough institutions for them, and they need a lot of care. I am concerned about the people, who are ill, and to whom prayers are not enough, and who have nobody close to them to help them. I am trying to open some Centers. It is not pleasant to see people who are nearing the end of their lives, to face a sad ending. I get many, many letters of people asking for help.

WITH MRS. BLAIR

The mission of my husband and me is to lobby worldwide for Serbia. We meet Royalty and Presidents, and we are asking the investors to come and invest in our country. We try to show who the Serbs really are. Two months ago, I was in Paris. I was invited by the Queen of Sweden and the First Lady of France Mrs. Chirac, for a conference about children who have been used and abused. I had the opportunity to talk about the situation in Serbia with Mrs. Putin, Mrs. Barroso, the Queen of Belgium, the Queen of Sweden, to Mrs. Laura Bush. I had lunch with Mrs. Blair. We must be above politics and try to improve the lives of everyone in this country.

BIRTHDAY FOR 3,500 GUESTS

We take part in all important holidays of the English royal family. My husband’s Godfather was a King, and my husband’s best man was another King. Through weddings of the past generations, we are related to other Royal Families. He is very respected and loved in these circles. For his 50th birthday, we had guests from all over the world. It was celebrated in Claridge’s hotel in London, where he was born. There were 100 members of Royal Families and 300 guests from all over the world, including many millionaires who gave solid help to Serbia. When he was asked what he would wish for his 60th birthday, he said that his wish was to be home. That was very touching. My husband brings credibility to our country. People are not afraid to invest because they know he is here. We have collected millions with the help of our friends. There is not a single hospital in Serbia that has not received at least one donation. At a charity dinner in Athens we collected a million euros in one night alone, for the neonatal units in Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis, and Kragujevac. Four ministers from the Greek Government were present at that dinner. It cost 10,000 euros per pair, per dinner. Nobody has ever managed to do a similar event in Greece, until then. We did that for our Serbian babies. The people, who were there, did it only because they trusted us and our story. We must help one another.

BIOGRAPHY

Princess Katherine was born in Athens, on 13 November 1943 to father Robert and mother Anna Batis. She got her education in Athens and Lausanne, and she studied business at the University of Denver in Colorado, and at the University of Dallas in Texas. She was into business for a few years, in the United States. From her first marriage she has a son David and a daughter Alison. She got married to Crown Prince Alexander in London, on 21 September 1985. Princess Katherine is patron of many humanitarian organizations. She speaks Greek, English, and French, uses Spanish and is learning Serbian.

Written By Nevena Erac

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2007, 09:24:39 AM »
What do you think of the chances of Prince Alexander II becoming King of Serbia?

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2008, 05:27:51 PM »
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.
1 Peter 2:17

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »
Yes this man is a very decent one. It is an enormous tragedy for Serbia that they have to operate under the weight of an out of date, entirely political and self-serving Presidency. It's time for a free and fair referendum on the restoration of the monarchy.

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2008, 05:59:14 AM »
Alexander has had some bad press in the past. The dispute over the Dedinje estate with his cousin Pss Elisabeth and especially his second marriage.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2008, 06:10:11 AM »
Hardly issues that raised a mention in any credible press, Norbert.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2008, 06:42:47 AM »
Serbia has had the stuffing kicked out of it since the days of the black hand and the assasination in 1914.

HRH is attempting to unify it and to enable it to move into a better world. It seems that there are many forces working against him and not all inside the country.I dont know anything about any bad press he has received but I have seen bucketloads of good press regarding their excellent humanitarian and scholastic works.

I have met and conversed with TRH's and was left with an extremely good impression and firmly believe that as a Constituitional Monarch, he would do an excellent job leading  his people.
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2008, 07:49:10 AM »
Yes Serbia went through such unbelievable suffering due to the war criminal Milosevic. Sadly years have been lost in getting their house into some sort of order.  A decent Prime Minister was assassinated and Crown Prince Alexander II, who would do much to restore the tattered reputation of Serbia, is still waiting to serve his country. In the meantime he does excellent humanitarian work and is not a symbol of divisiveness like all the Presidents have been since Tito.   

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2008, 09:29:08 AM »
Good news indeed. I shall look forward to seeing him restored to his rightful place as King

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2008, 04:28:38 PM »
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline Aleksandar B Obrenovic

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2008, 08:54:12 PM »
do you think he is worth it when he do not even speak Serbian and he told one day that he was British ???????

Rgds

Aleksandar