Author Topic: pics of Yurovsky  (Read 18751 times)

Offline elfwine

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: pics of Yurovsky
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2005, 12:32:32 PM »
I actually think that Yurofsky is not unatractive in this much discussed photo,  perhaps he ought to trim his beard ... Then again generally speaking such revolutionaries were not rerribly interested in being considered 'good looking'.

The concept of 'Evil' is highly subjective - I find Nicholas II to be a highly unsimpathetic character, but I will not post that he has 'evil in his eyes'.

elfwine
Runes shall ye know and righly read staves
Very great staves.
Powerful staves.

Finelly

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2005, 12:52:39 PM »
I just popped over here after reading threads about the Grand Duchesses manicures......

To find a discussion about Yurovsky talking about whether he was handsome.....

I think I will now go hide in the pantry.........

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005, 02:24:52 PM »
Can I join you in your pantry?  I'd bring some honey....  ;)

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Finelly

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2005, 04:26:20 PM »
Please do!  What with the honey and the biscuits in here, we could live FOREVER!

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2005, 07:21:05 PM »
Count me in too Bear and Finelly. Just make sure there are no dust bunnies in the pantry, those things scare me. :)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2005, 08:59:12 PM »
I actually think that Yurofsky is not unatractive in this much discussed photo,  perhaps he ought to trim his beard ... Then again generally speaking such revolutionaries were not rerribly interested in being considered 'good looking'.

The concept of 'Evil' is highly subjective - I find Nicholas II to be a highly unsimpathetic character, but I will not post that he has 'evil in his eyes'.

Nicholas II was a boring man. And that's in his eyes. He was not mean, but boring and rather plain. That is that you see in his eyes. Do you think that he was a mean man? I don't think so...And he didn't murdered children, servants and dogs coldly. I didn't like Nicholas II especially, but I'm very fond of his family and I can't bear their bloody murder. You didn't notice meaness in Nicholas eyes, for he WASN'T bad. He wasn't acold murder.
If you likes Yurovsky didn't hide yourself and said it plainly. I will not blame yourself. Love it, for he murdered "The Bloody Nicholas"; just don't make me said he was a nice man!  >:(

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2005, 10:54:36 PM »
I thought the topic was about Yurovsky  ??? ???
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2005, 11:45:06 PM »
They do to me too.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2005, 10:13:13 AM »
I agree, I've only seen the last two pictures that you posted there. I always imagined the middle one was Yurovsky, because he looks slimy, and enough to do the task at hand.  :-/

Offline elfwine

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

Nicholas II was a boring man. And that's in his eyes. He was not mean, but boring and rather plain. That is that you see in his eyes. Do you think that he was a mean man? I don't think so...And he didn't murdered children, servants and dogs coldly. I didn't like Nicholas II especially, but I'm very fond of his family and I can't bear their bloody murder. You didn't notice meaness in Nicholas eyes, for he WASN'T bad. He wasn't acold murder.
If you likes Yurovsky didn't hide yourself and said it plainly. I will not blame yourself. Love it, for he murdered "The Bloody Nicholas"; just don't make me said he was a nice man!  >:(

Are you using a translation function?
Likes Yurofsky Love it?

Honestly, I never met the man so it's difficult for me to claim to either love or even like him...

I guess that you are not a native English speaker although you are making a sincere effort!

elf
Runes shall ye know and righly read staves
Very great staves.
Powerful staves.

rskkiya

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2005, 01:54:13 PM »
RA
I am sorry if you see something "dark or suspicious" in my previous remarks...
Trust me --- it's a VERY long story...
rs

OK, I don't care much for such subjective discussions about evil or good  - after  a new agey 'chum' kept telling me that I was evil and had a "black aura" after we disgreed over a point of history...Not only was it a pointless and childish remark - it was a point that could not be rationally refuted...I couldn't prove that I wasn't 'Peter Pan' either!

Hence, feel free to say that Yurofsky was evil/good or late for tea, but do it from historical knowledge - not from something as ephemeral as a "look in the eye"...

rs

Offline Rijio

• Boyar
  • ~Oosaka Koi no Uta~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2005, 03:11:07 PM »
In this story, it's difficult to juge who was good and who was bad...
'bad' and 'good' are subjectives points of view, Nikolai had obviously 'killed' (asked to kill) people during the people rising, so that couldn't be forgettable or forgivebble as yurovsky also 'killed' the familly, so nobody is innocent except perhaps the children themselves.
Moreover it wasn't the same period, way of thinking were different than now's.

Rijio the cat : "PEACE in the world"

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2005, 04:24:44 PM »
Which, out of the three pictures, is the real Yurovsky?
Are they all the same man? They don't look like one and the same.  :-/

Offline Rijio

• Boyar
  • ~Oosaka Koi no Uta~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2005, 04:37:08 PM »
the 1st doen't looks like Yurovky, but the 2nd could be Yurovsky young and the 3rd Yurovsky older and bigger (perhaps he had eatten too much chocolate  ;) )

Offline Baby Tsarevich

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Anastacia Pavlovna V.
    • View Profile
    • Alyosha Sunbeam. (Mine and Dana's)
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2005, 05:57:37 PM »
he looks much fatter in the first one, what happend?

AlyoshaSunbeam.com
updtd jan.22;2007.
check out the new addition: Nasha Russia