Author Topic: Philip Alford, a Alexei look a like?  (Read 15515 times)

Baby_Tsarevich

Re: Philip Alford, a Alexei look a like?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 05:11:02 PM »
Wow Mandie that comparison thing you did of Philip and Alexei is so nice! Its amazing how they look alike! ;D

(I just rented "Shenandoah" with Philip Alford)

O and Philip's birthday is September 11th, that must of been sad when he was celebrating his birthday in 2001 (9/11) (the twin towers)

~Anastacia~

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 06:25:25 PM »
Aw, it is...it's a cute picture of Alyoshenka and Phillip. There are come pics where it's unbeleiveable!! :o ;)

Baby_Tsarevich

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »
Ya I know! My mom thinks they don't look a thing alike :-/ She said he looks like an angry kid, lol ::)

~Anastacia~

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2005, 07:43:39 PM »
Well...in that particular picture...he sort of...is an angry kid. ;)

etonexile

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2005, 08:26:38 PM »
Bit o' trivial....Harper Lee based the story on an incident in her childhood...Scout, the girl is based on her...Jem is based on her brother...and Dill is based on the late writer as a boy,Truman Capote....her childhood friend....

Janet_W.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 08:49:06 PM »
Well, besides having similar (tho' not exact) facial features, I think both Alexei and Phillip Alford had that little-boy-turning-into-young-man look. When we think of Alexei during his final years, he is about the same age as was Alford at the time that To Kill A Mockingbird was filmed. And there is something very universal about boys at that age, having left childhood behind and being on the brink of manhood.

When, in his later years, Gregory Peck appeared in his "one man show," Phillip Alford attended on at least one occasion and was introduced to other audience members. Of course Alford is now a middle-aged man.

Just for the record I'll mention that I find To Kill a Mockingbird one of the best films ever made. Not only does it faithfully represent the story and ideas set down by author Harper Lee, but it is outstanding in every aspect of filmmaking. (The opening credits alone, shown while the haunting theme plays and the camera pans over items Jem and Scout have hidden away in the tree *, always brings me to tears.) And there are very few films that so beautifully capture the importance of respecting people, whatever their age, race, gender, or capability.

* Which, of course, reminds many of us about Alexei and his habit of collecting nails, string, etc.

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 08:50:43 PM »
Really? Jem and scout were her and her brother? I guess even Harper Lee has her own deep dark secrets. I heard Atticus was based on "What she thought a southern man should be like" so was he not based on her father? If you know that is. I find the book quite interesting.........

Janet_W.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 09:08:23 PM »
Atticus Finch was, in large part, based on Harper Lee's father. In fact, when Harper Lee saw Gregory Peck on the set and started tearing up, Peck naturally wondered what was inspiring those tears, expecting something .  . . well, perhaps a bit profound. "You have a little pot belly, just like my Daddy!" was what Lee told him.

It seems to me that the pocket watch which Peck carries in the movie had belonged to Harper Lee's father; at the end of the film, Lee did make a gift of her father's watch to Peck.

I suppose the connection of the film with this website, along with the possible resemblance of Alexei to Jem, is that both Attitus and Nicholas were exemplary fathers.

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005, 07:24:21 AM »
Wow, I have never heard that story. Thanks, I enjoyed it! :D

Yeah, I guess now that you mention it, Atticus were a lot alike in ways they acted and taught their children........

Baby_Tsarevich

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 11:53:03 AM »
I never thought how Nicholas and Atticus do ressemble, not in looks but I guess personality.

Everyone said that everyone on the planet has a look a like (twin). Do you think that Phillip is Alexei's?

~Anastacia~

Xenia_Michenko

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005, 12:11:05 PM »

I found this from a site about the movie

heres the site:
http://medialit.med.sc.edu/tkam.htm

Some pictures:

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Xenia_Michenko »

Baby_Tsarevich

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 12:44:35 PM »

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 04:12:15 PM »
the big one of him is so cute...i can see alyoshenka.

Baby_Tsarevich

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 06:04:53 PM »
I love that big picture! Thanx Xsenia_Michenko for posting it and the other pictures! ;D

~Anastacia~

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2005, 06:16:19 PM »
I dunno...he's cute, and i see simmilarities, but I'm really starting to think there's nobody who you can really say looks "just" like Baby.