Author Topic: GD's deaths.. who was who?  (Read 19366 times)

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
GD's deaths.. who was who?
« on: June 11, 2005, 12:01:06 PM »
Hi

I have often read contradictions in the reports about the GD's end... It's said in a report that after the shot, two young girls were stood yet , putting their arms on their heads as if they wanted to protect them from bullets... who were they? Anastasia and Maria? Anastasia and olga? Tatiana and Olga?

It's also said that before the shot, Alexandra and one of her daughter made the sign of the cross...Was it Olga?

Other reports say that after the shot, the only surviving girl was Anastasia.. it seems that she was laid   on the floor, crying.. and that she was killed by the guards 's bayonets

In other reports, the only surviving girl was Maria

I know that no one knows exactly what happened... but I would only want to know what is the most probable in the lot of contradictions we read on this subject..what happened to the girls? we know for Nicholas, Alix, Alexei and their servants but Is it possible to know almost exactly what happened to Tatiana, Olga, maria, or Anastasia in their last moments?

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: GD's deaths.. who was who?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 12:10:45 PM »
This is bordering on the ghoulish.... :(

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 12:19:12 PM »
etonexile

I have not understand your reply...sorry, I am not speak english fluently, even if I did a lot of progress...  ;D

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 12:46:01 PM »
Erm...Perhaps it's just me...but I have no real interest in who died first and in what manner....it's too clinical I guess...I just know that the whole thing must have been horrible....

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 03:12:55 PM »
I have to agree with etonexile

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 03:42:51 PM »
sorry ???

It may appears like a "gruesome" question... I was not my purpose.. I am not interested about the manner they used to kill them.. the fact is horrible enough and I think we have not need more details on the murder itself (my question was not "how did they kill them? )...The fact is only that I have read a lot of books with so many contradictions about the GDs mainly that I am curious to know what really happened...Don't forget that a lot of people believe yet that a GD survived ... In this context, I think it's important to know what really happened and who had the more chances to escape from this slaughter..I ask for pardon if my question has shocked szomebody...

Regards

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
No one really knows; there are lots of differing accounts.  The most recent and gruesome is in Fate of the Romanovs.  It was a madhouse, a mess, a massacre.  Who knows...and who cares?  We all know they were ruthlessly murdered that night.

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 04:37:50 PM »
The book "The Fate of the Romanovs" really delves into this subject; whether it is 100% historical fact or not is debated, but the order of the girls' deaths and the manner in which they each died, individually, is discussed.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 09:21:39 PM »
Erm...Perhaps it's just me...but I have no real interest in who died first and in what manner....it's too clinical I guess...I just know that the whole thing must have been horrible....

If you have no interest anf you find this thread boring or morbid, so don't get into it. You are not forced to participate in anything you don't like...But please: let those people who is interested in it (not for morbid interest but to know the TRUTH about this awful night) to do it.

Dear leonora. I'm sorry you had so bad "welcome" here. My English is bad too, and I understand how do you feel: as far as I know, it's supposed that Olga died at first, and Anastasia was the last one to dead. But none of the infos we have about this awful night may be 100% trusted. There is a lot of rumors about the Romanov massacre, and I guess we know really nothing for sure about it. We must keep reseraching. It's the only thing I can say you for sure... :-/

RealAnastasia.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 11:01:58 PM »
I've read Olga tried to make the sign of the cross along with Aleksandra, but they didn't have time. Then this is where I get confused. I think it was Tatiana, Maria, and Anastasia that ran to the back of the room and covered their heads while Aleksey was killed. I'm sure I read that Maria and Anastasia were still alive when the bayonets (sp?) were brought in, and maybe Tatiana, too. But I've always heard that Anastasia was the one who cried out and was attacked last, making her the one who lived the longest after the rest were dead. Yes, it is gruesome, but I'm interested in every aspect of the Romanovs, even how they died.  :-[

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 11:26:50 PM »
A lot of this is in the book The Fate of the Romanovs. It's pretty descriptive.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 09:32:25 AM »
thank you very much for your replies...

Clockworkgirl, I have read the same thing than you, but for Maria not for Anastasia...

I have never read "fate of the romanovs" I think I will buy the book to know more details

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 10:38:12 AM »
Thank you RealAnastasia...I need someone of your...calibre...to put me in my...place....

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 02:33:42 PM »
Don't feel bad, etonexile. Sometime, all of us are a little weird! Sorry; we are all human beings.  ;D

RealAnastasia. :)  

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 03:46:32 PM »
I love irony..... ;)