Author Topic: Imperial Peterhof book  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Sarai

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Imperial Peterhof book
« on: June 18, 2005, 02:07:06 PM »
Can anyone recommend this book? I have never seen it before. The description reads:

"This beautiful book offers more than 100 pre-revolutionary images (both colour photos and watercolours and black and white photos and drawings) of the various palaces that comprise Peterhof.

Published in 2004 to coincide with the 300th anniversary of St. Petersburg this beautiful book offers a rich selection of photos of the palaces of the Tsars at Peterhof during the reigns of Alexander I, Nicholas I, Alexander II, Alexander III and Nicholas II. Each chapter gives details on the contribution each successive tsar made to the expansion of Peterhof. Each chapter is richly illustrated! Of particular note are the magnificent photos and watercolours of lesser known palaces (including interior images) such as the Farm Palace, Sergievka, Znamenka, Konstantin Palace, Cottage Palace and the Lower Dacha (a favourite of Nicholas II and his family. Four of their children were born here).

NEW paperback edition with 72 pages, 95 Colour and 51 Black & White photos. Size: 7-1/2" x 10-1/2", text in ENGLISH. A fine quality book!"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by admin »

Offline hikaru

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Peterhof book
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 10:18:33 PM »
I saw this book and when I saw it , it consisted from 2 books - one about 18th ciecle and one about 19-20.
I liked it.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 01:06:32 AM »
This is a wonderful booklet.  Not much text but there are glorious paintings and photographs.

Highly recommended  :)

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Greg D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 05:39:24 AM »
This sounds fascinating  8)

Does anyone have the exact title of the book(s), or even better the ISBN numbers for the English editions ... thanks in advance

Greg ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Greg_D »

Offline Sarai

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 07:56:16 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! :)

The exact title of the book that I saw is Imperial Peterhof: 19th and Early 20th Centuries.

Hikaru mentioned that there is also an edition covering the 18th century, so I imagine that title would naturally be Imperial Peterhof: 18th Century or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Sarai_Porretta »