Discussions about Other Imperial Palaces > Palaces in the Crimea

Massandra in Crimea

(1/3) > >>

divine_grace:
Does anyone have more information about this villa? It would be nice if anybody can post pictures of it. In the book Camera and the Tsars, it said that Alexander III built it for his eldest son but nobody ever lived there. And that it's famous for it's wine and roses. I'll gladly appreciate any contribution about this topic. Thank you. :)

jfkhaos:

--- Quote ---Does anyone have more information about this villa? It would be nice if anybody can post pictures of it. In the book Camera and the Tsars, it said that Alexander III built it for his eldest son but nobody ever lived there. And that it's famous for it's wine and roses. I'll gladly appreciate any contribution about this topic. Thank you. :)
--- End quote ---

Here's a picture of Massandra:

and a corresponding webpage:
http://massandra.russian-women.net/

James_Davidov:
wow, its amazing looking....a very interesting looking palace

Mike:
Massandra wines were highly valued in the former USSR, especially their quality clones of Spanish and Portuguese fortified wines: Sherry, Port and Madeira. They still produce them, and just a week ago I've done a comparative degustation of two Madeira brands: an inexpensive but genuine brand purchased at a French supermarket, and a Massandra imitation brought from Kiev. One ought to be an expert (which I'm not) to taste the difference.

Tatyana:
I visited Massandra Palace in the summer of 2003, and took photos of nearly every room, as well as the exterior from all sides. It's a charming place, and I'll be happy to post my photos, but I have to figure out how, and find the time!
TATYANA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version