Author Topic: Clothes/Sailor suits  (Read 19508 times)

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
Re: Other Clothes
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2006, 07:09:17 AM »
Hehe, I guess you could include that Sarushka... :P That was taken at Livadia, right?

I dont know why you would stick your tongue out in disgust Ortino.  ;D Alexei still looks handsome.  ;D

P.S. Even in a bathing costume. ;D
I think the 'hehe' in Ortino's post indicates that she's amused and is teasing, not digusted.

Yes, I believe it was taken in Livadia.

And I don't know that I'd refer to a 5-year-old as 'handsome'...  :-?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by sarahelizabethii »
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

amanduhh592

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2006, 05:03:36 PM »
He probably liked them, or he might not of worn them.

Natasya

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2006, 04:46:27 PM »
Yeah. He liked the military and the navy, so he probably liked dressing like he was part of them.

grandduchess_42

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2006, 07:51:27 PM »
Here is another good thread about his clothes.

DanielB

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2006, 10:21:58 PM »
Here's an old color PC from my collection.

Nastasya: he WAS part of the Army and Navy as he had been enlisted in various regiments since his birth (with a rank of junior officer). Therefore he was legally allowed to wear a uniform. Although he wore a miniature officer's unifom only on special occasions (such as regimental holidays) most of the time he wore the uniform of an ordinary sailor from the Imperial yacht Standart. When War began, he usually wore a soldier's uniform instead.

Offline Romanov_fan

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2006, 02:56:42 PM »
As far as I know, this is what he largely wore. I think he no doubt did like to dress as part of the army and navy. He was handsome as a little boy, and as a baby, wearing dresses and frilly things.Sailor suits were first introduced to Russian royalty with the children of GD Marie Pavlovna the elder, and Empress Marie Feodorovna, Nicholas II's mother. It certainly became prevalent among young males in the Romanov family, and among European royalty to wear them. The native Russian like costumes seen in mid 19th century photos of boys of the more junior branches of the Imperial Family, were never worn by Alexei as far as I know.