Author Topic: The Grimaldi's of Monaco  (Read 243623 times)

Offline Kimberly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Loyaulte me lie
    • View Profile
Re: The Grimaldi's of Monaco
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2006, 07:56:29 AM »
It is quite tasteless IMHO. I have heard arguments as to who was driving at the time of the accident. I have also heard that Grace was driving and suffered a massive stroke at the wheel
Member of the Richard III Society

Offline elena_maria_vidal

• Knyaz
  • Fortis et fides
    • View Profile
    • Elena Maria Vidal
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2006, 09:31:39 AM »
I remember when it happened and I heard that Grace had a massive stroke at the wheel of the car. Stephanie tried to stop the car by putting her foot on the break but instead put her foot on the gas peddle by accident and the car went over the cliff. Stephanie was unconscious afterwards and it took her weeks to recover and when she did she felt horribly guilty, poor young girl. Anyway, that is how I understood it at the time.

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2006, 10:27:27 AM »
there are so many rumers of stephani driving the car and crashed it while she and her mother were having a slaping fight.

others of grace commiting suicide as the car crashed in to a cemetry but i dont think a mother would do this with her daughter in the car with her

grace was still quite young when she died and healthy so i find it hard to belive she would have a stroke
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by frederika »

Offline elena_maria_vidal

• Knyaz
  • Fortis et fides
    • View Profile
    • Elena Maria Vidal
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2006, 10:37:51 AM »
I heard they may have been having an argument when dear Grace had the stroke which is another reason why Stephanie felt so guilty. People in their forties and fifties are known to have strokes.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2006, 02:03:25 PM »
It is said that there is a family history of stroke and circulatory problems within Grace's family.  Her brother died in similar circumstances not much older than she was.  Only one of the four in Grace's family has lived to reach 70...

A scan following the accident shows that a stroke occurred deep within the brain, which would have caused her to black out but would not necessarily have proved fatal.  Then there was another, far more extensive one caused by trauma in her accident which doctors said she would never recover from and so the decision was taken to allow her to pass away naturally.

I don't know why the rumours still persist that she would have allowed her underaged, obviously unlicenced daughter to drive on that dangerous road and also be seen later by dozens of people as they drove through the town back to the Pink Palace.  This has been categorically denied.

Grace was a wonderful woman and doesn't deserve this stain on her memory.  :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Grace »

Offline Prince_Christopher

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2006, 07:12:43 PM »
Grace was a wonderful woman and doesn't deserve this stain on her memory.  :(

Princess Grace was one of the first royals I became enamored of, when I was still a child.  Reading this thread reminds me of the beautiful and gracious woman I "fell in love with."

I don't know why these rumours persist either.  I agree that Grace would not have allowed such a young Stephanie to drive down a dangerous, spiralling road.

People Grace's age and many years younger die of strokes every day.  Just read the obits in any major city newspaper.

I would be more inclined to believe that Stephanie MAY have grabbed at the wheel and tried unsucessfully to stop the vehicle....I think that would have been human nature to do so.

The suicide rumours are just ludicrous.
Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing.
--Cicero

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »
I thought Baroness de Massy deserved a thread of her own, as little is generally known about her life.

She was born 1920 in Paris, the eldest child of Prince Pierre de Polignac and Princess Charlotte of Monaco, Duchess de Valentinois.

She is of course the elder sister of the late Prince Ranier of Monaco.  I have read that they did not get along very well.

She has married three times:
m. (1951) Alexandre Nogues, tennis champion (div. 1954)
m. (1961) Jean Charles Rey (div. 1973)
m. (1983) John Gilpin (died 1983, a little over a month after their marriage)

Children:
1. Baroness Elisabeth-Ann de Massy, b. 1947, has 2 children
2. Baron Christian de Massy, b. 1949, has 3 children
3. Baroness Christine de Massy, b. 1951, d. 1989, had 1 child

Antoinette's children were legitimated by the marriage of their parents in 1951.  At birth, they were named Grimaldi, but by an ordinance of  Nov. 15, 1951, their name was changed to "de Massy".  After the change of the succession law in 2002, Antoinette and her descendants of Monegasque nationality could be chosen as successors in case a reigning prince dies or abdicates without issue and without siblings having issue.  However, they can't be placed in the Order of Succession, since the choice of which collateral heir would be called to the throne is entirely up to the Regency Council and the Crown Council.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:02:56 AM by amedeo »
--Cicero

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2006, 08:39:50 PM »
Baron Christian de Massy, son of Princess Antoinette

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:00:54 AM by amedeo »
--Cicero

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2006, 09:20:02 PM »

As children, Prince Ranier and Princess Antoinette
--Cicero

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2006, 05:11:37 AM »
does any one know anything about princess Anoinette of Moaco Prince Rainer III sister?

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

Grace Kellys family

Margarithe 1925-1991       Jack 1927-1985

Elizabeth Ann 1933-           Rainer III 1923-2005

i saw i picture of her talking to her mother in 1974 did her mother die after her was well

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2006, 01:29:18 PM »
is there anmore info on her apparently she did not like Grace and made her new life harder for her.

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2006, 06:13:46 PM »
Princess Grace's mother, Margaret Maier Kelly, died in 1990, outliving her daughter by several years.
--Cicero

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2006, 09:25:45 PM »
In the last picture above, at Grace's funeral, is that Grace's mother to the left of Caroline?  Maybe it is one of her sisters.  I think the tall man is her brother.
--Cicero

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2006, 05:08:16 AM »
maybe the women behined caroline that you cant see is her mother its sad that 2 of her childred died before her.