Author Topic: Re: For Serious Claimants, Please  (Read 128701 times)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: For Serious Claimants, Please
« Reply #465 on: October 07, 2004, 06:27:23 PM »
JonC
Please see various places on the forum where the question some "missing romanov fortune" has been discussed.
The bottom line is this, there IS NOT nor ever WAS any missing cache of 'the tsar's gold'. period.  The money trail was followed and accounted for.

Do NOT make the mistake of assuming that Tsarist Government deposits abroad are somehow also "personal" Romanov funds. They are NOT. Assets of the Tsarist Government passed to the Provisional Government (and most of them were liquidated to pay the debts of these two). Any funds left would be more likely to belong to subsequent Russian governments than to descendants.

Sadly, there simply is no "gold trail" to finance the supposed "motives" of the alleged consipiracies.
Do your homework
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by admin »

Offline Jane

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 07, 2004, 06:28:39 PM »
Jane my advise to you is to clear your head of all the so called 'evidence' stop drinking the kool aid, and watch and wait for the next ' real' evidence...if it is out there. Best Regards. JonC.

LOL, that's the funniest thing you've said yet.

rskkiya

« Reply #467 on: October 07, 2004, 06:50:48 PM »
JonC

KoolAid?

Ok... :-/ :-/ What are you drinking?

By the way your suggestion that N.  & Co. wanted to escape and somehow 'reinvent a life out of the public eye" is one of the cruelest things that I have ever heard!
Do you really think that he was really so selfish as to ignore the sufferings of so many of his kin abroad? Could he possibly have sat by while his extended family mourned him?

Rskkiya
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by rskkiya »

Offline Jane

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 07, 2004, 07:08:29 PM »
Do you really think that he was really so selfish as to ignore the sufferings of so many of his kin abroad? Could he possibly have sat by while his extended family mourned him?

Well, rskkiya, that's exactly what "JonC" must think, looking back to his earlier post on the subject.

What can one do?  :-/

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Jane »

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 07, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »
To FA..

So the gold that the Russian Govt is asking to retrieve from Japan is not the Tsar's personal stash? Ok, I stand corrected. I guess when one reads 'Tsarist gold' it must mean Government gold. Thanks for the heads up. Best regards. JonC.

Dashkova

« Reply #470 on: October 07, 2004, 07:38:49 PM »
JonC

KoolAid?

Ok... :-/ :-/ What are you drinking?

By the way your suggestion that N.  & Co. wanted to escape and somehow 'reinvent a life out of the public eye" is one of the cruelest things that I have ever heard!

Rskkiya

It's not a question of drinking, Rskkiya dear, it's *trumpets*. The distant variety.

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 07, 2004, 07:43:30 PM »
Rskkiya.

Obviously by abdicating I think he made up his mind to abandon his 'annoited' position..don't you think so? Abdicating meant abandoning what he was born to do till death parted him. No-one put a gun to his head...with all due respect to him. He was wrong to do it. JonC.

Dashkova

« Reply #472 on: October 07, 2004, 07:48:36 PM »
Rskkiya.

Obviously by abdicating I think he made up his mind to abandon his 'annoited' position..don't you think so? Abdicating meant abandoning what he was born to do till death parted him. No-one put a gun to his head...with all due respect to him. He was wrong to do it. JonC.

This is backpedaling.

Here's what "JonC" wrote a few days ago  He specifically refers to the "abandonment" in the context of Nicholas II escaping with and for his family to begin a new life:

"Given the opportunity to 'escape' from his cage or prison of responsibility I think he took it and didn't look back! He took it for himself and his family and didn't look back!!!

Ofcourse this view of thought hinges on my belief that some or all of them did escape.  

I just think it extremely likely that the reason no-one has heard from them, be it from the 'two' who escaped or from all of them if infact they all escaped, is because THEY DIDN"T WANT TO BE FOUND!!! AND if they had children they probably don't know who they are. End of story!!!! I don't mean to be cynical. Just my oppinion. Best regards. JonC. "
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Dashkova »

rskkiya

« Reply #473 on: October 07, 2004, 08:02:28 PM »
JonC

You don't seem to realize what point I am adressing with my comment to you re: "Nicholas the survivor ."
Sigh.
  The legal nicities of abdication are not the point in this discussion --what you seem to have said (I may well be wrong) is that the tzar magically not having been executed went on to ignore the tears of his relatives and friends all over the world and create a secret life?  With no thought to aid or comfort his extended  family who believed the whole family dead...he went on his merry way?!?!
Hmmm--

Youre not Russian Orthodox ...are you.
Rskkiya  

rskkiya

« Reply #474 on: October 07, 2004, 08:14:23 PM »
I'll be more than happy to supply names.  In fact,  I'll start with a list of villagers of just one village in the Ukraine.  While I'm gone to get the names let me provide you with some of the story.

The visitor from another village found a village nearby void of  all of it's people.

Evidently,  the Bolsheviks had entered the village at dinner time.  Food was left stilll cooking on the stoves, bread was still in the ovens....  Half eaten plates of food was on the tables....

The dogs, cats and other creatures were still there but no people.  No old people.  No babies in the crib.

In those days,  the villager  did  not need much imagination to know what happen.

I'm not sure how many people were in this village.  But I will find the names  and  I will place the names on a different thread.  Also, if I can get permission I'll provide the story I had read on another web site.
----

Where is this recorded, dear C1? EVIDENCE please not just a foaf story. FACTS!
Rskkiya

Dashkova

« Reply #475 on: October 07, 2004, 09:18:40 PM »
JonC wrote: "I was once told that if you want to find out the truth follow the money trail."
Who told you this? Was it your father?

Offline Olga

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 07, 2004, 10:57:16 PM »
His Fairy Godmother told him.  ;D

Dashkova

« Reply #477 on: October 08, 2004, 02:18:16 AM »
Fairy Godmother sounds entirely plausible.

But I'll stick with "Dad"

rskkiya

« Reply #478 on: October 08, 2004, 10:10:38 AM »
Hello Olga and Dashkova
(my henchmen...sinister laugh! HeHeHe!)LOL

My dear ones now do behave!  ;)

Is it all about money or the romanic notion of a Holy Russia under a Holy Tzar that really motivates JonC?
I just don't follow his posts -- they make little sense to me... but I'm mean and cruel and academic... :D
LOL

Jon C  Do you think that you are an heir? Is that what this is about?

Rskkiya

ps Dashkova- lovely icon!
pps Olga- its always nice to here from you! Paka!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by rskkiya »

Dashkova

« Reply #479 on: October 08, 2004, 10:20:24 AM »
Dobre ootrah to the newest -- and kindest, most fair, etc, etc -- Goddess on the board!

I will explain my recent post to JonC, but will privately message it.

Oh, glad you like the icon. :)