Author Topic: Ghosts, Hauntings & Mysticism in the Romanov Family  (Read 67481 times)

TheAce1918

Re: Ghosts, Hauntings & Mysticism in the Romanov Family
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2006, 07:46:41 PM »
Not too creepy.  I know what you mean about Verdun and Waterloo.  Same thing over here with the battlefields of Gettysburg and Antietam.  But back on topic... ;D

RomanovFan

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2006, 12:44:02 AM »
Not too creepy.  I know what you mean about Verdun and Waterloo.  Same thing over here with the battlefields of Gettysburg and Antietam.  But back on topic... ;D

I've heard the same about those places. ;) Anyone seen the movie "Remember the Titans"? There's a scene where all the boys are at football camp and they're running at 4:00 in the morning and the coach takes them to Gettysburg---was that the REAL battlefield with all the gravestones or was it a set?

TheAce1918

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2006, 01:25:25 AM »
Its possible.  The filming locations are probably listed at IMDB.com.  It has to be near, in or right at Gettysburg, Penn.  

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »
IMHO, I don't think there would be any ghosts where the IF are buried. Ghosts hardly ever haunt the place that they are buried. Its always where they lived or died. Ghosts are people who die and don't go into the light, or tunnel, whatever you want to call it, and are trapped inbetween. Thats why you can see them better than spirits that have passed on. I think it would be really interesting to go to the site of the Ipatiev house and see whats there.  :)
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2006, 05:25:11 AM »
That's the program where they take along a couple of wire coathangers and try to contact the spirit of Joan Crawford, among other luminaries, isn't it?  [smiley=rolleyes.gif]  [smiley=laugh.gif]

They sit about in a darkened room that the departed person spent time in, then claim to hear faint voices, see shadows moving and other "psychic" phenomena.  

I don't think that anyone who truly reveres this family would try to "contact" them in this undignified way or in any other way, to be honest.

Let them rest in peace.

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2006, 11:38:41 AM »
So you think that if a person tries to contact a lost family member like this, that they love them or respect them any less? Obviously they love them enough to try to contact them in the first place. I agree that these kinds of television shows can really be undignified, but its human nature to be curious about such things. They have been at peace for more than 80 years now, I don't see a wire coathanger disturbing heaven.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

AlexieNichole

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2006, 10:49:37 PM »
I agree with Holly, it would be where the IF was murdered as the most likely place they haunt.  Although I can also see them haunting their former palace(s).  I personally dont think they were at rest right away, especially if one or more of their children were alive.  Possibly once they realized everyone of their family, including extended was safe and sound, including the Empress herself and after Lenin was brought down that would help them rest more soundly

I would like to think that yes they are happy together now and all together.  That they watch down on their beloved Russia and their family, possibly wishing there were not a split over who was heir to the throne and wishing that Nicholas were cleared of all charges and their family officially recognized as a formal part of the Russia today.  I think that would make them, and a lot of other people very happy

I also would like to think that they are all very happy that we remember them so well and honor them the best we can

Jebediha

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »
Interesting story, I had not heard it before. Unfortunately, I have no information about it but it reminds me of a passage I read in Miss Eagar's book that alluded to the fact that little Maria and Anastasia also saw a ghost once. This happened the night that their young cousin Elisabeth of Hesse passed away. Here is the passage in full:

"Presently the two little Grand Duchesses, Marie and Anastasie, began to scream, and I ran into their room; I found them both standing in their beds looking terribly alarmed. They told me there was a strange man in their room who had frightened them. Now the rooms were in a suite, and they could be entered only from the dining-room, or from the second bedroom, and this bedroom in its turn could only be entered from the room in which the little Princess [Elisabeth] lay ill. It will therefore be seen that no one could have entered their room without our knowledge. The doctor and the little Princess's own faithful servantman had been in the dining-room all night.

I thought the night-light might have thrown a shadow which frightened the children into thinking there was someone in the room. I therefore changed its position, but still the children were afraid, and said he was hiding over by the curtain. I lit a candle, and taking little Anastasie in my arms, carried her round the room to prove to her that there was absolutely nothing to frighten her. The doctor came in and tried to soothe Marie, but it was useless; she would not be soothed and Anastasie refused to return to bed, so I took her in my arms and sat down to try to comfort her. She buried her face in my neck and clung to me trembling and shaking. It was dreadful to me to see her in such a fright [...] Marie kept talking about the dreadful person, and starting up in wild horror every now and then. The doctor came in and out, and told me the strange doctor had come and had given the little sufferer [Elisabeth] an injection of caffeine [...] When next Marie began to talk about the mysterious stranger I said, 'A strange doctor had come to help Dr. H. to make cousin Ella quite well, and perhaps he might have come to the door by mistake, or you might have heard him speak, but there is no one in the room now.'

She assured me that the stranger was not a doctor and had not come through that door at all, and did not speak. Suddenly she stood up and looked at something which I could not see. 'Oh!' she said, 'he is gone into cousin Ella's room.' Anastasie sat up on my knee and said, 'Oh! poor cousin Ella; poor Princess Elizabeth!' " The little girl died shortly thereafter.

i think it was the angel of death. But it is quit a story

Jebediha

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2008, 04:11:20 PM »
I don't think NAOTMAA would have become ghosts. They seemed to accept what would happen as God's will, so there'd not be much to keep them in the Ipatiev house, or any other one of their palaces.

they do not need to be ghost. They could visit places. Saints can probebly do that

Offline rgt9w

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2009, 09:42:11 AM »
I couldn't see the ghost in the photo, but I thought some members who like ghost stories might find this interesting.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4655259.Is_this_the_ghost_of_assassinated_Russian_Tsar_/

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »
Oh it's interesting!, thank you very much for the link!...although I have to say that I consider myself a sceptic.
The "ghost of Alexander II" can be just an effect of light or a reflection...according to me.

Lady Nikolaievna

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »
I've never heard of any of the girls experiences with ghosts! I know Anastasia started to scream when she saw Princess Ella dying, but I didn't know she actually saw a ghost.  :O
That's very interesting... I'd like some more references to the girl's experiences, if you guys have it.
Thank you for posting this

susana

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2010, 12:58:53 AM »
SuSu you are right about the old photographs superimposing two frames on top of each other--they were hand wound and perhaps they had no stops for the next frame. Also I've seen that photo of Anastasia and the soldier leaning over her labeled as a trick.

Once in the Alexander Palace I found myself alone in the entry to the Romanov wing and I felt drawn toward the side stairs leading to the second floor. I actually went up about 4 steps but was so overcome with fear that I'd be arrested by the KGB that I just couldn't do it. My heart was pounding and I could hardly breathe because I wanted to sneak up there so badly but didn't. I have a regret about that.

LondonGirl

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
I'd hate to think NAOTMAA are now wandering spirits! I know some people claim to have seen Aleksandra. I don't know about the others.

Wandering spirits? It seems to me that if the concept of a spiritual entity is accurate, then interaction with a former environment associated with the life of the entity could occur merely by subconscious direction of attention even if the entity is reincarnated, by a similar means as remote viewing seems to utilise. But of course that is way outside any orthodox scientific preferred thinking. lol.

Offline Dru

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »
According to Alexander II: The Last Great Tsar, Grand Duchess Alexandra Iosifovna organized a seance, and the ghosts of Nicholas I and Grand Duchess Alexandra Alexandrovna (eldest child of Alexander II; she died of meningitis at age six) appeared: The witnesses claimed to hear something tapping the tune of "God Save the Tsar."  Empress Maria Alexandrovna believed none of it and would not come to another seance because she thought they were being manipulated by the devil.