Author Topic: Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa & family  (Read 104733 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa & family
« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2009, 05:49:47 AM »
HRH celebrates his 28th birthday today,november 11th.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2009/11/guillaume-marks-28th-anniversary.html

courtesy hja
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2009, 05:43:19 AM »
HRH Grand Duke Henri has the intention to use his veto right to obstruct the signing of the Law on euthanasia due to his religion.

His religious devotion didn't stop him breaking his marriage vows!

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2009, 06:19:35 AM »
HRH Grand Duke Henri has the intention to use his veto right to obstruct the signing of the Law on euthanasia due to his religion.

His religious devotion didn't stop him breaking his marriage vows!

Oh dear!You slept with him!!You brute.... :-[ ::)
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »
just another notch on the royal bed post....it meant nothing

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2010, 04:05:27 AM »
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa celebrates her 54th birthday today.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2010/03/groothertogin-viert-haar-verjaardag.html

courtesy hja
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »
Grand Duke Henri celebrates his 55th birthday today.He and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa are in Copenhagen celebrating with Queen Margrethe II.
Their son Prince Sebastien celebrates his 18th birthday today.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c648253ef0133ec9de043970b-pi
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:41 PM »
HRH...Prince Félix of Luxembourg (Félix Léopold Marie Guillaume) born 3 June 1984 in Luxembourg, is the second son of Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Cuban-born. Besides Prince of Luxembourg, he is Prince of Nassau. His godparents are Prince Jean of Luxembourg and Catalina Mestre. He was named for his ancestor, great-grandfather Felix of Bourbon-Parma.

He has an older brother, Guillaume, and three younger siblings, Louis, Alexandra and Sébastien.

He enjoys polo, skiing and carpentry as well as other various sports. He often represents the Grand Ducal family at sporting events.

His education includes International School of Luxembourg; Collège Alpin International Beau Soleil boarding school, in Villars-sur-Ollon, Switzerland. Félix is currently working in public relations for Grand Chelem Management SA a Swiss company. In June 2009, the Grand Ducal Court announced that in October 2009 Prince Félix will begin a masters degree in bioethics from Regina Apostolorum Pontifical Athenaeum in Rome, Italy.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:57:59 PM by Douglas »

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2010, 12:46:48 AM »
The Prince will travel to Stockholm with his parents and elder brother Guillaume today attending the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:50:16 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2010, 02:44:17 AM »
The Prince will travel to Stockholm with his parents and elder brother Guillaume today attending the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. ;)

Thank you Lucien.  You're our royal photo expert, so please post photo links here of this event,,,,:-)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:47:07 AM by Douglas »

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2010, 03:10:25 AM »
You can hear HRH Prince Felix speaking at the 3:50 mark of this YouTube video.  It sounds like he is speaking Luxembourgish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUIpVxnegTA

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2010, 10:15:09 PM »

The wedding day is tomorrow. On June 19, 2010, the Swedish Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling tie the knot.

The UK royals will be represented by Prince Edward and his wife.  The US is represented by the Ambassador.

The list of invited is rather long.

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/mediacentre/pressreleases/pressreleases/guestsatthewedding.5.40e05eec12926f2630480002187.html

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »
Gosh, Douglas, I thank you so much for making this thread about Felix!!
Oh, thank you so much, Douglas and Lucien for the info and pics—I'll keep lurking here!
I wonder what's the reason why he's going to study bioethics? ...It's a very complicated subject. Most royals I know take courses related to law and political science...

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
Gosh, Douglas, I thank you so much for making this thread about Felix!!
Oh, thank you so much, Douglas and Lucien for the info and pics—I'll keep lurking here!
I wonder what's the reason why he's going to study bioethics? ...It's a very complicated subject. Most royals I know take courses related to law and political science...

Felix is a very smart guy,in bioethics that is....and a smart looking one at that...he has that...uhh,oh,ask Douglas...he'll know.. ;D

No honestly,he's going to study bio-ethics as that is where his interests are,
most Royals you heard of have studied Law,History,Political Science or Economics,Haakon has fe.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2010, 01:00:33 AM »
You're so welcome Shandroise.  I thought it was high time that the Prince has his own thread topic.  We both come from similar families with lots of boys and only one girl sibling.  His mother is a gorgeous Cuban lady and I am fond of Cuban culture.  If you have news about Felix, please post here and we can all enjoy this new thread.

Prince Felix has what I would call  'stage presence'.   He has the type of appearance that movie casting directors look for.  When he walks into a room or appears on film...you notice him and ignore the others.  I'll leave it at that for now and maybe Lucien can elaborate.  ;-)    

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:08:51 AM by Douglas »

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2010, 01:06:10 AM »
Elaborate even more...?No,I think you kept it clear and decent enough...elaborating more and this thread would turn into a ,a ,oh you know.. :-[ ::)
Je Maintiendrai