Author Topic: rape  (Read 48706 times)

Offline Maj. Jesse Cairns

• Aleksey stood taller than legends and men
    • View Profile
Re: rape
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2006, 03:14:27 PM »
Tsarfan . . .  ease up a bit, mon ami . . . I am most certainly thinking critically.   You and I both know that it was a crapshoot . . . the entire bloody affair was a crapshoot, and Nicholas could be candid and in-their-face to SOME degree.  But, obviously he knew the characters of these men better than some proposed scholars out there.   As Elmer Fudd said, he had to be "VEWY, VEWY KEFFUL!"

May I add here a query :  "Have you ever had your life threatened? . . . Have you ever stared death in the face?"    

I ask that because I have . . . and when things get that serious, a person can react in multifarious ways unknown EVEN to themselves!   Even Niki may not have acted as consistent as you would like him to have been---but for Heaven's sake, they were literally under the gun!

Now--I beg you, my good Tsarfan, why don't we lighten up a bit.   I do not claim to God's Gift to Intellectuals and I assume that you have a modicum [to use your decorous term] of humility.  So, let's simply ease up.
No one is here to intellectually lop of your head, as it were.  Why don't we EASE up a wee bit?  Even if I may not perfectly agree with everything you stated, I have no academic axe to grind against you my friend.   Can we do this? ;D  :)  8)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by JesseCairns »

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2006, 03:39:04 PM »
But, obviously he knew the characters of these men better than some proposed scholars out there.

I see.  So that's why he saw Yurovsky as an improvement over Avdeyev as Commandant of the guards?

Offline elfwine

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 22, 2006, 07:15:49 PM »
I wonder if these posts will also go 'wandering off' too.
Runes shall ye know and righly read staves
Very great staves.
Powerful staves.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2006, 07:15:49 PM »
I have deleted some totally off topic comments which were either personal attacks or purely un related to this discussion. I will remind posters to please stay ON TOPIC and avoid personal attacks.

Offline Maj. Jesse Cairns

• Aleksey stood taller than legends and men
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2006, 07:24:27 AM »
A quick reply to Tsarfan and Elisabeth ;

I apologise for my initial entry in this discussion thread.
Why?   I had my twin RE-read the original quote from the Romanov book that he had read, and the original quote from that source did NOT say that any post-mortem "violating" had gone on.  It merely said that some of the soldiers went back more than once to "pilfer" the bodies.   What PILFER meant is purely speculative, but it normally should mean [in this instance] to search for more "brilliantes"  [jewels] or whatever of value could be hidden about their persons.

My apologies Tsarfan and Elisabeth, and again I would not have gotten us into a lurid discussion on the worst  possible idea . . . especially since there ARE underage folks on this list.    ^_^

--jesse

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2006, 08:23:19 AM »
I've made my share of gaffes here and elsewhere and taken my share of punches, too (some of which Elisabeth has landed very deftly).  Thanks for clearing this up.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2006, 10:43:03 PM »
A quick reply to Tsarfan and Elisabeth ;
....  It merely said that some of the soldiers went back more than once to "pilfer" the bodies.   What PILFER meant is purely speculative, but it normally should mean [in this instance] to search for more "brilliantes"  [jewels] or whatever of value could be hidden about their persons.

My apologies Tsarfan and Elisabeth, and again I would not have gotten us into a lurid discussion on the worst  possible idea . . . especially since there ARE underage folks on this list.    ^_^

--jesse

It is most unfortunate that someone's translation of a particular published Russian word can mislead the English reader as to what the real texture of the word should really be.

"Pilfer" would fall into that category.

In these matters that is why I dislike and avoid translations on such critical issues.

e.g. the word "brillianti" are actually "diamonds" not the more general word "jewels".
  :)

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline catt.sydney

• Curiousity killed me/Satisfaction brought me back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2006, 11:35:38 AM »
From what I have read on this I have NEVER scene ANTHING to suggest that anyone in the ex Imperial family was EVER raped. I have lost what little sympathy I once had for NAOTMAA  - however I think that Tsarfan has a very insiteful take on this issue.

I really don't know if my comments will be judged by the omnipotent FA to be   - on topic or not  - but I hope so.

I must state for the record that this site seems to be getting -ummm - "intolerant to certain opinions"  relatively recently... but I may be wrong about that point too.  I rarely post here anymore.

FA - contact me please if this is offensive and I will edit it ...OK?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by catt.sydney »
Curiousity killed me/Satisfaction and (TRUTH)  brought me back!

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2006, 06:25:09 PM »
....  I have lost what little sympathy I once had for NAOTMAA ....

May I ask why?

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline catt.sydney

• Curiousity killed me/Satisfaction brought me back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2006, 07:09:30 PM »
The more I read about them the more shallow and dubious they appear ...
NEVERTHELESS I still don't think that there is any evidence of any sexual abuse. I still think that this is a very questionable topic - so I will thank you all civily and depart.
Curiousity killed me/Satisfaction and (TRUTH)  brought me back!