Author Topic: Royal Hats  (Read 89647 times)

Offline KatieAnn

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Hats
« Reply #270 on: November 15, 2005, 10:15:33 AM »
Martyn and Tampa bay should dress all of us!  We'd look divine and really stand out!

I agree with the sentiment that the York girls should learn NOW about proper styling and presentation.  It does matter.  I'm a civil servant and we have no dress code at work.  You wear what you like, when you like and no-one can comment.  Sounds like a good idea in theory, but we've had people come in for interview in low-slung jeans and cropped tops; football shirts (both soccer and American varieties!); mini skirts and Reeboks - the list goes on.  It seems that smart is out; and casual rules the waves.

Anne and Sophie we should consign to the "Cookie" school of styling.  They'll wear the same kind of outfits from now till doomsday cracks.  Zara might turn it around when she gets rid of those sl*tty dresses she's so keen on; and only time will tell with Beatrice and Eugenie.  I hope for their sakes Sarah York takes them in hand and gets their wardrobes sorted before we end up with another couple of horrors on our hands (heaven forbid).  My brother refers to Sophie as "Princess Sofa" because it looks like sofa fabric's been used to make her frocks!  Delicacy (and the FA's wrath!) prevents me from saying what he calls Anne!
Kathleen

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 15, 2005, 10:52:46 AM »
That also prevents me from telling you what I call Pcss Anne!  ;)

You are on the money, katieann.  Pcss Sofa and her dress partner Anne are lost causes, fit only to cause us continued mirth as they plumb the depths of fashion faux pas.....

Cookie-style is a very good way to describe their choices; in a way though they are far worse than she, in that she found a style (hideous though it was) and stuck to it for fifty years, while Sofa experiments endlessly (and especially with wacky headgear) and Anne tries to con us that she really does spend her generous income on clothing by altering the sleeves of something that was hideously ugly and unfashionable the first five times that she wore it, twenty years ago....

I would love to see what JTTPPR would put them in.....any suggestions duchess?
'For a galant spirit there can never be defeat'....Wallis Windsor

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 15, 2005, 11:46:45 AM »

I would love to see what JTTPPR would put them in.....any suggestions duchess?

If Sophie would lose 20 pounds, I would dress her much as Diana dresssed for daywear.

If Anne would cut and style her hair, Ralph Lauren, Armani and Donna Karan-simple, no bells, no whistles just long clean lines to show off her small waist, broad shoulders and long lean legs.  Almost a slight variation on Sarah York's current style.

If Anne will not cut & style her hair, she should just stay as she is and not waste any money only acheiving half marks.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline TJ Jones

• Boyar
  • I'll never be regular here... *cries*
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2005, 05:38:33 PM »
That hat looks good, its the norm Sunday mornin church service hat...
Rule TJ! TJ rules the waves, TJ will never, never, never, eat mayonnaise!

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 27, 2005, 06:16:29 PM »
That hat looks good, its the norm Sunday mornin church service hat...

I am afraid I don't like it -- but it's not the worst she's worn...  :)

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 27, 2005, 06:46:59 PM »
I have no problem with the style of the hat.  My problem is with the color!!!  [/b]Why is the hat off-white or yellow in color when the suit is clearly white-white?  ??? ??? ???

TampaBay
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TampaBay »
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #276 on: November 27, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »
I have no problem with the style of the hat.  My problem is with the color!!!  [/b]Why is the hat off-white or yellow in color when the suit is clearly white-white?  ??? ??? ???

TampaBay

That's exactly what I don't like about it, so I ridiculed it in the first way I could think of.  ;D

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2005, 05:30:55 AM »
Well it is very sad.  I can take tacky! tacky! tacky! a la Pamela Anderson but I can not accept missing the mark.  I really like the suit and hat just not together.

I wonder if she is wearing balck court shoes borrowed from her mother.

TampaBay
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TampaBay »

Offline nerdycool

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2005, 02:53:11 PM »
It could be that she was following fashion. I believe it was a year ago or so when it was fasionable to wear white with cream or off-white. I never really got this trend, and since it's out again, it looks like no one else got it either.

Offline Azarias

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2005, 12:44:34 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ::)

I am laughing sooooooooo hard I can hardly stand it.
Who ever told these ladies that their hats were THE END!?

(maybe they should stick to tiarras)

Thanks Grand Duke!

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2005, 07:23:00 AM »
It could be that she was following fashion. I believe it was a year ago or so when it was fasionable to wear white with cream or off-white. I never really got this trend, and since it's out again, it looks like no one else got it either.

I must have missed this trend......

Presumably the effect would be enhanced by teaming the cream hat with bag and shoes to match?

Like Tampa, I just hope that she wasn't wearing black shoes....... ::)

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline Grantj

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2005, 01:05:40 PM »
Hey Tampabay!

I'm new here so don't quote me, but is that not Zara Phillips and not the Countess of Wessex?  I didn't think that she looks that bad either!!

Grantj

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2005, 03:52:01 AM »
Hey Tampabay!

I'm new here so don't quote me, but is that not Zara Phillips and not the Countess of Wessex?  I didn't think that she looks that bad either!!

Grantj

Welcome to the Baord, Grant - hope that you enjoy posting with us....

And you are right, it is Zara - Tampa must be having an off day!  ;)

I do think that the skirt is bit short, but she does have great legs and it isn't treason is it, to show so much royal leg (or is she royal, can never remember.....?)  ;)

NAAOTMA, I doubt that Zara is a 'pearl girl', and judging by the raciness of some of her outfits, can't really seeing her observe the 'nothing sparkly before noon' rule, can you?!  ;)

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2005, 04:44:27 AM »
Hey Tampabay!

Grantj

Zara-Sofa, Sofa-Zara, are they not inter changeable?

TampaBay

Offline KatieAnn

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 02, 2005, 05:44:48 AM »
Tampa

Honey, you're getting confused!  Anne and Sofa are interchangeable.  Zara is a thread (no pun intended!) all by herself!

I like the suit, the hat and shoes are blah, there's no bag either.  She needs strappy heels (she can take the car to church instead of trying to negotiate cobblestones in 4 inch heels), a sexy little clutch purse and some jewellery.

She's not beyond redemption but it's a close-run thing!
Kathleen