Author Topic: Queens of Bohemia  (Read 76130 times)

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Queens of Bohemia
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 08:26:28 AM »
I take your point, Beladona. However, as Jan Sobieski was King of Poland I suppose he and his family would be considered royal. But "Kings and Queens of Central European States" sounds fine as well. Anyway, the Moderators will no doubt know what is best and will hopefully decide to move this thread to a more appropriate location, as when I discovered it here in the Balkans it certainly gave a new meaning to the Czech National Anthem "Kde Domov Muj?" (Where is my Home?)!!

beladona

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 08:34:31 AM »
Yes, Greenowl in this context it looks very very sad... to live for centuries in the middle of Europe (for example phrasis about Prague as the heart of Europe) but still not know where this home exactly is...

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 02:07:47 PM »
This thread really belongs in the Habsburg section,all of it was part of the Habsburg Empire,north of Vienna that is,so it certainly never was a "Balkan" country/kingdom/whatever.Maybe the moderator can move this to where it should be?Thank you in advance.
Je Maintiendrai

pouvoir_aux_canard

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 03:29:20 PM »
I cannot explain my disperation to see Bohemia in a Balkanic department. It is a question of BASIC culture.

Your sad

Monsieur Canard

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »
Yes, Beladona, it really is "smutnỳ čas"!

Lucien, while I agree that it would be better in the Habsburg thread than in the Balkans (that was my original suggestion), whether that is the most ideal location is debatable, as the Czech Lands had rulers before the Habsburgs, and as discussed above, something like "Kings and Queens of Central European States" just MIGHT be more appropriate. It will be interesting to see what the moderators have to say.

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 03:39:41 PM »
Cher Monsieur Canard,

thank you for your kind words of sympathy. It is especially touching coming from another winged and feathered creature like myself...hoot, hoot, quack, quack etc

beladona

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »
This thread really belongs in the Habsburg section,all of it was part of the Habsburg Empire,north of Vienna that is,so it certainly never was a "Balkan" country/kingdom/whatever.Maybe the moderator can move this to where it should be?Thank you in advance.

I see I must fight for rights of this small and forgotten country...Of course it was never a Balkan country, but we suffered under dominance of Habsburgs for more than 400 years. Please don´t repeat this sad chapter of Czech history here again... :) :) Let the Czech Country have here separated or at least central-european thread :)

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 04:26:07 PM »
Dear Moderators, where are you? Please come to the rescue of Bohemia and remove it from the Balkans to its rightful position,

your very concerned Greenowl

pouvoir_aux_canard

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 05:13:35 PM »
I am turning nervous, I had  a terrible dream , QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!!...

Prague, Brno, hundred of castles, the best baroc music in the world, the best renaissance, baroc and art nouveau architecture  in the world, Tycho Brahe, Smetana, Kafka...  Ceske Budovice, CESKY KRUMLOV bbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalkaniccccccccccccccccc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is simply a nightmare.

Monsieur Canard (déplumé)

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 07:25:33 AM »
Truly KAFKA-esque

Ex-Princess Lisa

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 09:52:37 AM »
I am turning nervous, I had  a terrible dream , QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!!...

Life is simply a nightmare.

Monsieur Canard (déplumé)

Dear Mr. Duck are you moulting?

No, I suggest Monsieur Canard is plucked, to use Cockney rhyming slang.

No offence.

pouvoir_aux_canard

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »
No offence, dear ex-Princess Lisa (dear angel, why "ex"?)

I lost my plumage, as any disperate old duck (as I am) does

I kiss your hands for your kind interest to your old, devoted

Mr Canard

P.S. : try, dear angel, to obtain - for Greenowl and for me - a special chapter for Bohemia,
a luminous and illuminated land... or at less a place for this thread in the Habsbourg Chapter !

P.S.2 : I know the people of the poultry yard but I never mixed with Cockney people ...
SO, what means plucked ? that someone get my pens? thats true!

dmitri

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 07:19:43 PM »
Zita was the last Queen Consort of Bohemia. Sadly the Habsburgs did not take the Bohemian title seriously. Hungary was granted the status it desired with its own parliament. Sadly the Czechs were never granted the same rights.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »
Greenowl is shocked, stunned and falling off her perch. Since when has Bohemia been a part of the Balkans? Surely this thread should be moved to somewhere else? Perhaps to the Habsburg thread, as the Czech lands were a part of the Habsburg Empire for many centuries? It is no wonder there are so few posts, as nobody would ever think of looking for a Czech/Bohemian thread under the heading of Balkan Royal Families. I discovered it quite by chance. Dear moderators, what do you think?

ASK our very own GD ELLA!  She Knows all!! LOL! LOL!
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

dmitri

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 11:06:31 PM »
Yes Bohemia could hardly be ever referred to as the Balkans. What a mistake to make!!!