Author Topic: Hermit noble in Australia...  (Read 4761 times)

Offline James_Davidov

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Hermit noble in Australia...
« on: October 02, 2005, 05:56:30 AM »
I recall seeing on a current affairs programe in Australia (Today Tonight i think) a few years ago a report about a hermit man living in Queensland .

He was a bush-man who lived in the rain forests of Queensland and only went into town every couple of months to buy supplies.  He was a complete hermit living in a tree trunk, speaking his own tounge and everything.

They breifly went into his history, which is what caught my attention and led me to remember it.  Evidently the program claimed, he was born to a Russian Princess, he and his mother fleeing to Sydney after the Revolution.  He attended one of Sydney's top private boys schools (i think it might have been Kings) and didn't pay tuition due to his pedigree.

He is very old and remains living in the forest, and is quite the local celebrity.

James
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by James_Davidov »
You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals.
Queen Mary

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
Re: Hermit noble in Australia...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 12:26:23 AM »
I must have dozed when that program was on. Do you have any further details please?  ???

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

David_Pritchard

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 04:39:13 AM »
Beware!

Australia is not only the land down under but also the land of fake royals, nobles and orders. Anyone familiar with the Internet will tell you that it is awash in Australian websites advertising the fake pedigrees of dozens of spurious nobles and a multitude of fake orders with equally false histories.

I once told a princely friend of mine to simply delete any e-mail unread that ended in .au as it was probably a solicitation from some self-styled fake trying to befriend him.

David

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 05:21:49 AM »
Beware!

Australia is not only the land down under but also the land of fake royals, nobles and orders....

I once told a princely friend of mine to simply delete any e-mail unread that ended in .au as it was probably a solicitation from some self-styled fake trying to befriend him.

David

Oh dear I am so overwhelmed by your revelation. ???  I must say I was unaware that there was such a flood of concern. We live in an arid land.  ;)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Belochka »

PssMarieAmelie

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 05:24:56 AM »
I recall seeing on a current affairs programe in Australia (Today Tonight i think) a few years ago a report about a hermit man living in Queensland .

He was a bush-man who lived in the rain forests of Queensland and only went into town every couple of months to buy supplies.  He was a complete hermit living in a tree trunk, speaking his own tounge and everything.

They breifly went into his history, which is what caught my attention and led me to remember it.  Evidently the program claimed, he was born to a Russian Princess, he and his mother fleeing to Sydney after the Revolution.  He attended one of Sydney's top private boys schools (i think it might have been Kings) and didn't pay tuition due to his pedigree.

He is very old and remains living in the forest, and is quite the local celebrity.

James

Remember---Today Tonight and also A Current Affair almost NEVER tell the truth.One must remeber that in this situation. Remeber the claimant to the English throne?? ;)

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 05:28:46 AM »
Remeber the claimant to the English throne?? ;)

Was this the chap who lives in Wagga Wagga?  ;)

PssMarieAmelie

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 05:45:22 AM »
Yes--I think so. As I said, Today Tonight and A Current Affair almost NEVER tell the truth. Prefer to watch Four Corners.

Offline James_Davidov

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 07:46:24 AM »
Oh i know, Im a media studies student and understand Today Tonight is complete trash.

As for Australia being 'awash' with fakes, I havent really heard of anyone making outlandish claims.  The worst I ever encountered was this American woman.

As for the man from country Victoria who claimed to be the legitimate heir to the British throne.  I believe he does have a legitimate link to the throne (in saying that however its not legitimate).  

James
You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals.
Queen Mary

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 08:08:04 AM »
As for Australia being 'awash' with fakes, I havent really heard of anyone making outlandish claims.  The worst I ever encountered was this American woman.

James

There were certainly a few residents in North America who excelled in that art of imperious fakery.  ::)

Offline sydguy71

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 10:13:45 PM »
at least that episode would have been more interesting than the usual crap about the dangers of germs in sandwich bars that they often run with.  ;D

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 10:42:26 PM »
I have no time for these type of "informative" current affair programs. It all very much based on questionable sensationalism attended by poor journalism.  :-X

Offline Mili

• Viribus Unitis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 12:08:25 AM »
Yes i remember the segment, but i don't recall anything about his pedigree!
Dont discredit Australia because it may have a few fakes, it truly is a great land :)
Anyhow, I wouldn't put my trust in Today Tonight, they have a tendancy of spinning the story to their own version of the truth. This comes from personal experience.

Offline James_Davidov

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 08:18:06 PM »
Beware!

Australia is not only the land down under but also the land of fake royals, nobles and orders. Anyone familiar with the Internet will tell you that it is awash in Australian websites advertising the fake pedigrees of dozens of spurious nobles and a multitude of fake orders with equally false histories.

David

I don’t believe anyone need be ‘aware of Australia as the land of fakes’ and feel sorry for the Prince you warned.  Every nation has a percentage of frauds, however it must be noted that surely America and other European nations, which have much larger populations and relevant history regarding royalty have greater numbers of fraudsters.  My family have personal contacts with a few ‘royals’ and I can assure you none of them are fake.

Most royals in Australian choose to live quiet, private lives, and our country being relatively ignorant (perhaps selectively) permits such anonymity.

James
Queen Mary