Author Topic: Photos of "The Big Pair"  (Read 226809 times)

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
Re: Photos of "The Big Pair"
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:53 AM »
great minds think alike! That's what I was thinking too!

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »
A 'yes' bordering on certain.
Rodney G.

Offline Condecontessa

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
I don't think AN the girl on the far left corner. If you look at the skirt and where she's standing ( like a spectator) doesn't fit AN. The 2 youngest must not have been part of the ceremony. Just my thought. But I do thank you guys for sharing :)

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »
I don't think AN the girl on the far left corner. If you look at the skirt and where she's standing ( like a spectator) doesn't fit AN. The 2 youngest must not have been part of the ceremony. Just my thought. But I do thank you guys for sharing :)

I have noticed that the skirt is different from ON's and TN's and it's pretty likely that MN and AN weren't there; but it could also be likely they were there and they wore different clothes from ON and TN - i have seen other pics of formal occasions where OT and TN were dressed alike, and MN & AN too, but with a different toilette from the Big Pairs... but who knows? We should have another pic from the same day with the misterious girl...
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2012, 04:22:42 PM »
For a long time  I have wondered what in the world is sitting in the lap of the wounded officer who is next to TN? Then today I realized it could be a Humpty Dumpty doll...the dark circle above the face is a cap?

Away it certainly could be and as such would be a witty thing to have in a military hospital run by royalty
 ...in a dark humor sort of way... the humor of servicemen

"...and all the king 's horsemen and all the kings men could not put Humpty Dumpty back together again

Part of the joke seems to be  the serious expressions lol
seems some mascot in any case

also one of the men is wearing spurs. I wonder if he was visiting and was given a robe
 to wear as we would be given gloves today, because it seems merely  draped on

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
Ha! I never noticed that before. It does look like it could be some Humpty Dumpty doll since it looks egg-shaped. How weird!

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2012, 05:41:43 PM »
I've never seen the photo before! Thanks for posting. I never noticed that humpty dumptydoll before either!

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2012, 10:57:35 PM »
Today I noticed the "cap" then suddenly, the arms and legs appeared..I thought it was just a head of some sort before! But it's a classical  humpty dumpty  looking object.  Sorry the group shot is not bigger

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Antonina

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • saltkrakan.livejournal
« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
A Humpty Dumpty doll? I've never heard about a such toy... I always thought it was a mask on this photo. By the way, officer who is holding it is Sergey Melik-Adamov, others are from the Erivan regiment, like he. If you want, I can look for the names of the others - maybe it will tell us something about spurs ))
...Столетья поплывут из темноты.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #234 on: July 22, 2012, 04:21:13 PM »
 would love to know more about the officers as always. this seems part of the photos of the Big Pair with " the Golden One"  sitting out side with others ...in fact Sergey Melik-Adamov is in those photos looking well, so they may been taken  later. I though it was a mask as well , but I now see arms and legs and it looks like Humpy Dumpy...which is from Alice in Wonderland...being both British and long before the Big Pair's time, it's not impossible

Here' the photo with names

also more of this gruop

Dmitri Shakh-Bagov is the first one on the left in the last photo, next to Olga . The man you identified ( thank you! ) is also in these outdoor photos

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2012, 02:40:04 AM »
Perhaps 1910?

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Hikari

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2012, 06:49:41 AM »
Wow I've never seen this picture before :) thank you very much for sharing

The photo looks like it was taken around 1909-1910...I think it's 1909 because of the haircut but I'm not sure

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2012, 11:35:01 PM »
Wow I've never seen this picture before :) thank you very much for sharing

The photo looks like it was taken around 1909-1910...I think it's 1909 because of the haircut but I'm not sure
I think 1909 is right because it seems to me  now in 1910, Olga was sporting a bow...as the step before putting her hair up in 1911.

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Antonina

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • saltkrakan.livejournal
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2012, 11:57:43 PM »
Returning to Humpty-Dumpty... You know, blessOTMA, I suddenly and accidentally found a story about Melik-Adamov and a doll! I doubt it was the doll we see on this photo, but may be, may be... It was happened at the time when the photo was taken.
"After the operation the little None (one of the wounded officers) was put to bed near the window. And at night Melik-Adamov managed to put on a curtain a baby-doll with the same blue eyes (like None's ones) and with a fluffy hair.
"Look, look, Your Majesty," - reported he to Tatiana and Olga at the morning, - "per night None gave birth to a child - the spitting image of his parent, but None is angry with him, he's grinding the teeth and all the time is trying to annihilate him, but can't get up from the bed."
Likeness was really striking: nobody could look at both of them without a laugh.
That evening they call Tatiana to the phone (she was operating her mother's phone) and informed her in a humorous form of the state of patients (None and his doll)."
Source: "Russian exile's memories" by Ivan Belyaev.
I hope my translation is understandable ))
...Столетья поплывут из темноты.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2012, 11:16:46 PM »
Very interesting and funny ! In any case, dolls were about and popular! Thank you!

Olga Nikolaevna