Author Topic: Maria Marti  (Read 23935 times)

Offline eva_19

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Maria Marti
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 02:10:29 PM »
Ok, thanks forum admin :)

Offline bornemiszacostarica

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »
I remember the story, i saw it on tv, but i don´t think that they are from Spain, actually if im not wrong, that people is from Colombia, the story appears on Univision, a very poor family and they said that they were children and grandchildren of Duchess Maria, but in news they said that they are not descents of the Romanovs because they made "a DNA test" i thing that even the note was a totally fake

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 02:47:50 AM »
David Martí has signed my guestbook not so long ago and "provided" me with his DNA tests.

I won´t pretend that I understand it, but Maria Martí could not be Maria. She doesn´t hold any resemblance to her at all. She´s got different nose, and in that only non-blurry photo you can see she´s got dark eyes. They also doesn´t seem to be large like Marie´s saucers. Also the photos of Maria he used are of the bad quality. I´m sure if I could find some old photo of my great.grand mother and compare it to the Romanovs, I would reach the same result.

Also the story doesn´t hold for me at all.....

Alixz

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 10:23:54 PM »
So now I know what this is all about.  For the few days, I have been getting PMs from "marti" and a link to the Spanish website.  I have not seen this thread before and had no idea what it was all about.  (And I don't read Spanish well)

Someone must have deleted my post with my question as to "why me?"  Now I know it wasn't just me and that everyone was getting the PMs.  I just wish that someone had told me or given me a "heads up" and not just deleted my post.  I spent a good part of this evening trying to find that post because I got yet another PM yesterday.  Then I found this thread and now I understand.

Offline azrael7171918

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 07:16:15 AM »

I thought it was just me. I didn't open any of the links and didn't know if I should report it or if it was just a mistake.

Azrael

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »
This person has been banned for spamming our users, and was banned before for violation of Forum guidelines.  It seems he sent that garbage to over 100 users...

Offline royaltybuff

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 08:48:56 AM »

I thought it was just me. I didn't open any of the links and didn't know if I should report it or if it was just a mistake.

Azrael

Me too.

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »
Thank you, Forum Administrator!   I also received the "spam" for a short while.  Obviously you've been very effective in taking care of the problem!   AP
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:25:46 AM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline Blanca

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 11:18:21 AM »
Hi Forum Admin,

Yesterday I got a message from martí (registered a newbie) with 5 links to María Martí's webpages.

Regards from Monterrey, Mex.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
Thank you all, but there really is no longer any reason for every single person who got the spam messages to let me know. I can't undo PMs once sent, and the person has been banned, so its no longer an issue.

thanks

Offline Mexjames

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 02:25:54 PM »
This is just sheer nonsense.  Sometimes some people resemble others.  I had plenty of problems on the one hand, and inordinate amounts of fun several years ago, because my own uncanny resemblance to a Mexican president (I live in Mexico).  The resemblance so so strong, that once during a newscast showing the president, my wife asked my daughter who was being shown on TV and she said "daddy". 

The Martí's case is like saying that Golda Meir and L. B. Johson were relatives because there's some resemblance:

Soon we will have the results of the DNA obtained from the remains of who are presumably the Heir and one of the Grand Duchesses.  From what I've read in the press, there's a huge likelihood that they will be indeed whom we think and wish they are.  Once this happens, I wonder what will the claimants do.  This will of course open a can of worms, but that's another story.

Offline gemellibru

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 01:42:39 PM »
I do not know much about Mary Martì! In the web I did not find any photos on this claimant. And her story? Some of you  know her history?

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
  • Give My Love To All Who Remember Me ~ Olga N.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »
Reply to #25:
Good point, Mexjames.
Btw, now that we have all members of the Imperial Family found and buried, I wonder what are these claimants doing...

Offline gemellibru

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
Tina you are concerned about the claimant?

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
  • Give My Love To All Who Remember Me ~ Olga N.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 02:55:55 PM »
Tina you are concerned about the claimant?

Of course not! >:( Why would I be concerned about those liars? I just wonder if they still claim they are members of the IF, or they've stopped claiming...