Author Topic: November 11  (Read 2322 times)

PssMarieAmelie

November 11
« on: November 11, 2005, 02:44:12 AM »
Remembrance Day in Australia

Armistice Day in France

30th Anniversary of Gough Whitlam, Prime Minister of Australia, being sacked by the then Govenor General of Australia, Sir John Kerr...IMO Gough Whitlam was unfairly sacked..

125th Anniversary of Ned Kelly(Australian outlaw) being hanged.

On the 11 of November, at exactly 11:00 am, 1918, the Armistice was signed, thus ending World War I. Lest we forget..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by PssMarieAmelie »

Offline Imperial.Opal

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: November 11
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 05:43:54 AM »
  Bushranger and bank robber Ned Kelly was 25 when he was hanged. His reputed final words are '' Such is life'' Regards, Opal.   ;)

PssMarieAmelie

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 05:45:51 AM »
 Bushranger and bank robber Ned Kelly was 25 when he was hanged. His reputed final words are '' Such is life'' Regards, Opal.   ;)

Some people have called him the Australian version of Robin Hood.. :-/

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 02:22:18 PM »
Arianwen and Jon's fifth anniversary of dating...:-[ Well, we have to have SOMETHING positive...;)

Regards,
Arianwen

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 07:21:36 PM »
How sweet, Arianwen!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by magpie »

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 05:49:40 AM »

Thanks, Ritka, luv. *hug* 11 November 2000 at 6.37 am is when I asked him out, and our first date was that day. We tried to get married that day two years later, but it was a Monday, so we had to settle for the weekend, 9 November 2002 (a beautiful Saturday evening).

For the record, Laura was conceived early in the morning of 12 November (during our anniversary celebrations...::)) It's definitely a special few days for us...

Enough Ari/Jon mushy stuff, on with the rest of why 11 November is special!

Regards,
Arianwen

I hope your day was good!
“Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end?” Marie Antoinette

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 09:56:55 PM »

For the record, Laura was conceived early in the morning of 12 November (during our anniversary celebrations...::))

I think this definitely qualifies as a little "too much information"  ::)  ;)

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 11:43:24 PM »
I agree with Helen, such commentary on a public forum and particularily considering that this date is an important day for the global commemoration of Armistice Day - to remember our war dead.  

Comments expressed by Arianwen are not just in very bad taste, but disrespectful as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Belochka »

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Arianwen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 07:49:35 AM »
I agree with Helen, such commentary on a public forum and particularily considering that this date is an important day for the global commemoration of Armistice Day - to remember our war dead.  

Comments expressed by Arianwen are not just in very bad taste, but disrespectful as well.

Sorry you found that TMI, Helen. ;) Belochka, I removed the post, as it obviously offended you, and I apologise that you found it insulting. It was far from my intention, as I thought it might give a little bit of levity to the thread. As I had family that fought and died in WWI, I would never disrespect the veterans. 11 November just also happens to be my anniversary, so please try to understand that the day is far more to me than just Armistice Day. Yes, I treasure the day because it gave me my daughter, the light of my life, and also because it's the day I began my life with my husband. Therefore, I choose to celebrate life on that day, the life that I have thanks to the sacrifices made by the veterans on all sides we remember on that day. 'Don't mourn the death, celebrate the life', as the Irish say.

With respect,
Arianwen