Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne working on rock opera about Rasputin  (Read 11362 times)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Ozzy Osbourne working on rock opera about Rasputin
« on: November 12, 2005, 01:49:46 PM »
I heard it on the radio today! Ozzy is concentrating all his effort on a rock opera based on the life of Russian mystic Rasputin! The story said he had all the songs written, and wants to play Rasputin himself, but has no script yet. Once he finds someone to write the script, (ME ME MEEEE!! PLEASE OZZY!!!  :D ) he is going to take it to Broadway and the London stage and eventually make it into a movie! Wow, this sounds exciting. I never knew Ozzy was interested in Rasputin.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Annie »

Offline Grishka

• Drink to the last drop, only lose not your head.
    • View Profile
Rasputin, the musical
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 09:19:04 PM »
Ted Neely, who played Jesus in the film version of Jesus Christ Superstar is doing a Rasputin musical. He plays Rasputin.

Here's a link to it:

http://www.rasputinthemusical.com

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
Re: Ozzy Osbourne working on rock opera about Rasp
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 10:35:24 AM »
Isn't there a Rasputin opera already (besides the musical)? Although I suppose you can never have too many Rasputin operas   ;) ;D.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 12:41:36 PM »
Helen, are you talking about the one about his murder, and Yussoupov? I've heard of that, but I can't think of the name.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:35:37 PM by Alixz »

Offline Marialana

• Boyar
  • Good Grief!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 06:24:58 PM »
I think this'll be fantastic. Ozzy may give off the impression of not being the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's actually rather insightful & hopefully will bring a much-needed fresh interpretation of things.
I can totally see Ozzy as Rasputin. He's already got some of the required robes, and plenty of crosses (albeit not the correct ones, but still!).   :P ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Marialana »

Offline Grishka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 08:57:43 AM »
 It will certainly be interesting to see Ozzy as Rasputin. I think he might actually be quite good.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:37:37 PM by Alixz »

Offline Grishka

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:38:51 PM by Alixz »

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »
Isn't there a Rasputin opera already (besides the musical)? Although I suppose you can never have too many Rasputin operas   ;) ;D.

There is one opera by Rautavaara called "Rasputin". There's a very bad one called "Nicholas and Alexandra".
Then there are a number of musicals. Ozzy Osbourne's version will basically be a musical.
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Ozzy Osbourne working on rock opera about Rasputin
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 05:28:57 PM »
Update:

05/24/07

Ozzy Osbourne Struggles With His 'Rasputin' Musical

Rocker Ozzy Osbourne is struggling to bring the tale of Rasputin to Broadway - insisting it's much easier to make hit albums. The Black Sabbath rocker is making a big-budget musical based on the 19th century Russian monk's life, but concedes it's harder than he expected - and has even turned to pop pal Elton John for advice.  He says, "It's kind of been nearly done. The thing about it is, I'm singing some of the parts, and it sounds ok, but then, when it does get picked up, it's not as easy as making records. It's a big thing, because you've got to get choreography to put what you've written into a stage thing and insert the songs for this thing."

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/05/24/ozzy_osbourne_struggles_with_his_rasputi

Alixz

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 08:08:17 AM »
So, he is still trying??

I thought by now it would have blown over.

But, I agree, Sharon would be a terrific Alexandra.  for Dmitri??  Hmmm - tall slim handsome?  I don't know.

For Felix??   Carson Kressley!!  (clothing designer and former star of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy )

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 04:00:06 AM »

Ozzy Osbourne Struggles With His 'Rasputin' Musical

Rocker Ozzy Osbourne is struggling to bring the tale of Rasputin to Broadway - insisting it's much easier to make hit albums. The Black Sabbath rocker is making a big-budget musical based on the 19th century Russian monk's life, but concedes it's harder than he expected - and has even turned to pop pal Elton John for advice.  He says, "It's kind of been nearly done. The thing about it is, I'm singing some of the parts, and it sounds ok, but then, when it does get picked up, it's not as easy as making records. It's a big thing, because you've got to get choreography to put what you've written into a stage thing and insert the songs for this thing."

Rasputin was indeed born in the late 19th century, but no serious person would ever call him a "19th century monk". First of all, he was not a monk. Secondly, his entire active life and the part of any historical significance in it occured in the 20th century. So that tells you already enough what kind of people run or review these shows.
Another thing that makes me quite sad is people like Ozzy Osbourne who think that once they have "composed" a little song or two that made it to the "charts" and had an embarrassingly idiotic TV show which ran for a while, that automatically makes them capable of composing full-length operas. It's so childish, it's not even funny! It reminds me of those 4-year-olds who insist on driving the car by themselves or paint the walls, and when they are not allowed they start crying and saying "but I know how to do it!" This guy has no idea! And he thinks he's like a Verdi. It's tragic that he should be considered a cultural icon of our time.

Offline anna11

• Boyar
  • history is the world's court of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »
hehehe heaps good. I'd so go and see it, if I lived in NY and it was on broadway.

The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 07:20:07 PM »
Pretty much anyone can sing well with the proper training. Actual tone deafness is a physical problem in the ear, and is very rare. Most people just can't sing because they've been told they can't, and they have a mental block.
Eh, I'm withholding all judgment of this show until I've seen something from it. I would love it if it was good!

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 02:45:57 PM »
I would totally see it (if it's not outrageously expensive)...

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 06:14:18 PM »
Pretty much anyone can sing well with the proper training. Actual tone deafness is a physical problem in the ear, and is very rare. Most people just can't sing because they've been told they can't, and they have a mental block.
Eh, I'm withholding all judgment of this show until I've seen something from it. I would love it if it was good!

Clockwork,
Is this a reply to my post above? Or maybe not! I know that anyone can sing. It seems that Ozzy's problem is that he is so used to writing songs for himself that he lacks the experience to write music which suites other voices and vocal ranges. Besides, writing 2-minute songs is a totally different game than composing 2.5 hour shows. I am sure he'll end up writing a pretty decent musical, especially if as he said can get help from Elton John who's a very capable musician. I just find it very naive of him that he didn't know what a difficult and complicated thing he was getting himself into. In fact, most people don't realize how difficult it is to compose a large-scale piece. Anyhow, I can't wait to see Ozzy's show.