Author Topic: new cause of death of Lenin  (Read 3255 times)

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
new cause of death of Lenin
« on: July 20, 2004, 11:04:02 PM »
Saw on AOL news that modern scientists have decided (based on newly released documents, memoirs and medical reports from the Soviet Archives) that Lenin died in acute agony from syphilis. He was apparently out of his right mind in the last months and the medication prescribed only added to the pain of the disease. It was hushed up for many (obvious) reasons, not the least to cement the image of the first leader of the SU in myth. I don't want to sound vicious, but it seems like karma came around and bit someone on the rear for the blood he spilled.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Mike

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Erast Fandorin Museum
Re: new cause of death of Lenin
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 06:39:32 AM »
Lenin died in acute agony from syphilis.

While it was supposed to be one of the Soviets' closely kept secrets, rumors about Lenin's syphilis circulated widely; I first heard them at school in the 60s.

Sunny

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 06:56:32 AM »
Grandduchessella, there is a thread going on this news under  "Russian Revolution"

Sunny

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 08:24:09 PM »
Whoops, my mistake.  :(  I usually don't read that thread and since AOL had just broken this (apparently 40 years late according to Mike!) I thought to post it here. Found it interesting anyway, how "rumors" regarding Lenin, the Romanovs, etc... are either confirmed and/or cleared up with the increasing number of items being made available.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/