Author Topic: Looking For Pictures?  (Read 98202 times)

Offline tian79

• View Profile
Re: Looking For Pictures?
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2010, 12:47:48 AM »

This painting can be found from John Booth's The Art of Fabergé, p. 127.
The caption says: "A miniature frame by Fabergé in pink enamel for two paintings by Vassily Zuiev: the Grand Duchesses Marie and Anastasia and the nursing home where they helped with nursing."

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2010, 06:00:23 AM »
Re Response # 375 and "tian79":  Ah......so it WAS meant to be a framed item, fitting in perfectly with the horizontal format!  Excellent!  Thank you for the attribution as I had not, to my knowledge, seen this illustration before. Do we know where this item is now?  Is the second painting (the "Nursing Home") still extant?   Regards,  AP.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:05:38 AM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2010, 07:58:59 AM »
This painting can be found from John Booth's The Art of Fabergé, p. 127.
The caption says: "A miniature frame by Fabergé in pink enamel for two paintings by Vassily Zuiev: the Grand Duchesses Marie and Anastasia and the nursing home where they helped with nursing."
I have to say I think the artist caught their personalities very well . It's excellent. 

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline tian79

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2010, 01:45:21 AM »
Re Response # 375 and "tian79":  Ah......so it WAS meant to be a framed item, fitting in perfectly with the horizontal format!  Excellent!  Thank you for the attribution as I had not, to my knowledge, seen this illustration before. Do we know where this item is now?  Is the second painting (the "Nursing Home") still extant?   Regards,  AP.

Aleksandr Pavlovich, here's a picture of the frame. I don't know where the frame is now, but in the book (from 1990) the picture is from Sotheby's, so I guess the frame could be anywhere.

Offline Grand Duchess Valeria

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2010, 02:59:48 AM »
I am looking for the formal foto of Olga, where is seen only her head and her dekollete. Her face is frontal and half in shadow. Nothing is in the background.
Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.
And when he shall die, // Take him and cut him out in little starres, // And he will make the Face of heaven so fine, // That all the world will be in Love with night, // And pay no worship to the Garish Sun.

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #380 on: June 27, 2010, 05:30:11 AM »
Sounds like a 1914 formal to me...... try going here look if it is there
http://otma.blog.cz/galerie/formalni-fotografie/1914-16

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 27, 2010, 08:03:39 AM »
Yes, Ally, thank you very much!. I've found it there.
And when he shall die, // Take him and cut him out in little starres, // And he will make the Face of heaven so fine, // That all the world will be in Love with night, // And pay no worship to the Garish Sun.

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »
Re Reply # 46:   Excellent, "tian79" !   Yes, this example literally shouts "Faberge" to me:  The quality, the ribbon bows, the cross-banded laurel swags, etc.  I have never seen this example before, thus I thank you for adding to my education.  There WERE other Russian MASTERS contemporary with Karl Faberge and his Workshop, yet he certainly had a formidable style and product.  Regards,  AP.

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 28, 2010, 07:55:07 AM »
I 've found this coloured but couldn't find the B&W...can yanybody help please? Don't know if its rare...

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #384 on: June 28, 2010, 11:00:41 AM »
who s that one? Tatiana?. Her face looks kinda strange 0_o

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 28, 2010, 11:42:16 AM »
I know, she looks kind of Mr. Spock:-) because of the eyebrow, but I guess its just the shadow. Does anybody know this pic?

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #386 on: June 28, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »
I've never seen that picture before, colored or black and white! I wonder where she is...looks like 1909 or 1910.
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 28, 2010, 02:14:24 PM »
The file in my collection is labeled "tatiagermany." If that's correct, it would have been 1910.

THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 28, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »
Thank you very much, Sarushka!

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #389 on: July 03, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »
I have a picture of OTMA giving each other a group hug on the Standart around 1909, and I'm wondering if anyone has it clearer.
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck