Author Topic: Looking for a Picture of a Deep Blue and Gold Court Dress - Alix's or Xenia's?  (Read 7400 times)

Offline Tsarina_Liz

• Knyaz
  • Existence is not a predicate.  - Kant
    • View Profile
I've been through the boards one or two times and I, for some reason, cannot find a picture I am desperate to find even though I know I've seen it here.

It's a picture, possibly from the Hermitage, of a deep blue (velvet?) court dress that was identified as belonging to Alix.  Does anyone know where I can find a pic?  Thanks,
 - Liz
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:50:41 PM by Alixz »
Hindsight is 20/20.  When the myopic haze of of the present is lifted by the march of time we see it clearly as the past.  Sociology, psychology, anthropology.  They are all means of understanding that which came before.  History cannot stand alone.

Offline Nastya

• Boyar
  • Your Own Loving Girl, Tatiana
    • View Profile
is this the dress you were talking about?

Offline Tsarina_Liz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Not quite.  This one appeared to be completely blue with gold embroidery.  But maybe I was seeing it from an above shot.  Now I'm gonna have to think about it!   ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Tsarina_Liz »
Hindsight is 20/20.  When the myopic haze of of the present is lifted by the march of time we see it clearly as the past.  Sociology, psychology, anthropology.  They are all means of understanding that which came before.  History cannot stand alone.

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
 :)

I believe that the blue embroidered dress actually
belonged to Grand Duchess Xenia -- I just saw it
on one of the exhibition websites the other day, can't remember which one -- duh!

Janet R.
::)
Janet R.

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
I've got the Nicholas and Alexandra exhibit catalogue but my digital camera isn't installed yet (had to reformat computer) so it'll be a while before I can post it. But I'm almost positive it's in there, if anyone else has it.

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
I've got the Nicholas and Alexandra exhibit catalogue but my digital camera isn't installed yet (had to reformat computer) so it'll be a while before I can post it. But I'm almost positive it's in there, if anyone else has it.
I thought it was there, too, but I can't find it in my copy. The closest thing I could come up with was a blue dress belonging to a lady-in-waiting...

The photo Nastya posted comes from an article by Nick Nicholson on the main AP Time Machine page:
Imperial Court Costume
The caption seems to indicate that the blue dress belonged to Alexandra, but my computer won't load all the photos on that page, so I can't be certain.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

PssMarieAmelie

I think that was the one. The embroidery is beautiful..

Anastasia_R

Oohhhh.These dresses are sooo beautiful GORGEOUS!! :o

Offline Tsarina_Liz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Yep, that's it - thanks!   ;D

So how much do you think that dress would cost in today's world?  

PssMarieAmelie

Yep, that's it - thanks!   ;D

So how much do you think that dress would cost in today's world?  

I'd say about 3 million. If only I had that money.. ::) ;D

Offline Tsarina_Liz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
I wonder how long it would take to put that thing completely together!  Think of all the months of labor went into that one dress...

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
i don't think i have every seen alix or anybody for that matter in that dress. but i agree its stunning!  :o ;D
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Tsarina_Liz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Maybe she never wore it?  After all, I thought that she would have worn only white and her ladies on down the line would have worn the colors.

Offline Yelena Aleksandrovna

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
Sadly a pair was deleted, can you re post it? The other one is very beautiful too, the other
must look much better, so it must be incredible ;-)

Offline katmaxoz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
I'm also wondering what this dress was....