Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II - Pictures  (Read 177123 times)

Offline Ssyentz

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Elizabeth II - Pictures
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2005, 03:43:40 PM »
Look at Replys 57 & 62 on this thread.

In this most recent portrait, her face is too wide, her forehead as too high, mouth just plain wierd as previous poster noted, and buggy eyes...a little too much white.

Where are DeLaslo & Winterhalter when we need them?

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2005, 10:10:21 AM »

Artist Antony Williams, 31, poses alongside his portrait of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, after it was unveiled Wednesday May 8, 1996 by Heritage Secretary Virginia Bottomley MP at London's Mall Galleries, close to Buckingham Palace. The lined and careworn likeness of the 70-year-old monarch is a very straightforward painting according to Williams, who received a 15,000 pounds (US 22,000 dlrs) commission from the Royal Society of Portrait Painters for the work. (AP Photo/John Stillwell)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2005, 10:16:26 AM »

Artist Justin Mortimer kneels before his controversial new portrait of Queen Elizabeth II at the Royal Society for the Arts in central London Tuesday January 13, 1998. The portrait, a departure from traditional portrait painting, depicts the queen in a relaxed mood and wearing no crown or jewelry and will hang in the society's headquarters. (AP Photo/Louisa Buller)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2005, 10:17:38 AM »

The Queen views a portrait of herself painted by Peter Hawkins, at rear, during a visit with the Duke of Edinburgh to Radley College, Abingdon, Oxon, to open a new building Thursday Nov. 27, 1997. (AP Photo/ WPA POOL/ John Stillwell)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2005, 10:20:30 AM »

A portrait of the Queen wearing a tiara painted as a mural on a wall in Trenchtown. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) KINGSTON Jamaica 02/19/2002
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2005, 10:22:55 AM »

PORTRAIT PAINTING OF THE QUEEN BY ARTIST SERGEI PAVLENKO Tim Graham Picture Library 11/01/2000
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2005, 10:24:47 AM »

A NEW PORTRAIT PAINTING OF THE QUEEN, IN HER ROBES FOR THE STATE OPENING OF PARLIAMENT, BY ARTIST ANDREW FESTING THE IS UNVEILED AT THE MALL GALLERIES IN LONDON. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)

I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2005, 10:25:50 AM »
I, Claudius

Alicky1872

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2005, 05:54:13 PM »

A portrait of the Queen wearing a tiara painted as a mural on a wall in Trenchtown. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) KINGSTON Jamaica 02/19/2002

Sweet Jesus in Heaven! This looks more like Bob Barker in DRAG! No--THE PRICE IS NOT RIGHT!!  ;D ;D

"Elizabeth Windsor, come on down!"

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alicky1872 »

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2005, 06:52:27 PM »

H.R.H. Princess Elizabeth and H.R.H. The Duke of Edinburgh pose with Royal guests at Buckingham Palace in London, England, after their wedding on Nov. 20, 1947. The three boys in front, from left to right are: Prince William of Gloucestershire, Prince Michael of Kent, both pageboys, and Prince Richard of Gloucestershire. First row, from left to right, commencing third person: Princess Margaret, The Marquess of Milford Haven- the best man, the bride and bridegroom, Princess Alexandra of Kent- bridesmaid, King George V1 and Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Gloucestershire, the Duchess of Gloucestershire. Woman seated and woman standing behind are unidentified, Crown Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden at far right, wearing spectacles. Second row, from left to right, commencing third person: Countess Mountbatten, the Duchess of Kent, Princess Juliana- regent of Netherlands, Queen Frederika of the Hellenes, Queen Mary, ex-Queen Ena of Spain, Queen Ingrid of Denmark, Queen Frederika of Norway, remainder unidentified. Third row, from left to right, ex-King Peter of Yugoslavia, Earl Mountbatten, Prince Bernhard of Netherlands, King Haakon of Norway, Prince George of Greece, unidentified person, King Frederik of Denmark, King Michael of Romania, remainder unidentified. (AP Photo)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2005, 07:10:49 PM »

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II talks with choristers from Her Majesty's Chapel Royal who appear in her Christmas Day broadcast to the Commonwealth, in the chapel at Buckingham Palace in London, Thursday Dec. 15, 20055. This year The Queen praises the generous humanitarian response and compassion shown to those who suffered from the succession of natural disasters and acts of terrorism during the year.(AP Photo/Fiona Hanson, pool)
I, Claudius

Offline B5218

• Boyar
  • And now for something completely different ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2005, 08:49:23 PM »
In the 50's or early 60's there was a portrait painted of Queen Elizabeth II where she is standing in front of a mirror and holding a fan.  She is wearing a strapless gown, Queen Mary's tiara, and the Garter ribbon.  Is anyone familiar with this portrait and who the artist is?

Thank you

PssMarieAmelie

« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2005, 07:00:50 AM »
A "portrait" by Andy Warhol:

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by PssMarieAmelie »

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2005, 05:05:12 PM »

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II looks at a present given to her by a well-wisher following the traditional Christmas Day service at Sandringham, England, Sunday Dec. 25, 2005. (AP Photo/Alastair Grant, Pool)
I, Claudius

Offline B5218

• Boyar
  • And now for something completely different ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2005, 08:57:17 PM »
This is the one.  Does anyone have a better copy?