Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II - Pictures  (Read 177307 times)

Offline Lord Strathclyde

• View Profile
Queen Elizabeth II - Pictures
« on: December 02, 2005, 12:28:48 PM »
Like her grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II is a very Regal Queen.

I haven't found a topic to post pictures,  :-/

It would be great if pictures of Her Majesty The Queen could be posted here.

Offline Lord Strathclyde

• View Profile
Re: Queen Elizabeth II - Pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 12:31:37 PM »

Offline Janet

• Boyar
  • There is nothing like a Dame ... of the Thistle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 03:13:43 PM »
Earl of L,  there are more pictures at this thread if you'd like to look.

http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Windsor;action=display;num=1124114953

Offline nerdycool

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 04:49:04 PM »
There are also pictures on this thread, but most of them are current and are linked to outside websites

Here

Offline Lord Strathclyde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 01:54:59 PM »
Ohh, I see.

Sorry about that, I should really improve my searching skills  :-[ :D

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 05:32:34 PM »
Of Monarchs,Princes and Princesses past and present:

Courtesy Ademar:
http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/msg/1133650214.html

Wonderfull images from 1995..........
Je Maintiendrai

Viscount

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »

Richard Stone's marvellous portrait of Her Majesty The Queen.

VIVAT REGINA!

Offline Lord Strathclyde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 09:40:13 AM »
That is indeed a regal portrait of the Sovereign. :)

I wonder if anyone here can help, I am looking for pictures of the Queen in her military uniform. The one she used to wear for the Trooping of the Colour. Would anyone have any pictures of the Sovereign? I need them for a College presentation of the Trooping of the Colour.

Thank you

Viscount

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 09:47:29 AM »

Best I can do at the moment Im afraid.  I used to love watching Trooping The Colour - my favourite but was when HM would arrive on Horse Guards at 11am, and salute to her late mother (QETQM) - who was at the Major-General's window.  Im afraid that watching HM being wheeled around, doesnt have the same excitement and pagentry than seeing HM in uniform and riding side-saddle of course!

Good luck with the project

The Viscount

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 10:56:19 PM »

Troops on parade during the annual Trooping the Colour parade, Saturday June 11, 2005. Some 1,220 troops took part in the spectacular display of precision formation marching and horsemanship choreographed to military band music. The Colour being paraded on London's Horse Guards this year was the flag of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards. (AP Photo/Andrew Parsons/WPA Rota via PA)

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II inspect the troops at London's Horse Guards before the annual Trooping the Colour parade marking her official birthday , Saturday June 11, 2005. Some 1,220 troops took part in the spectacular display of precision formation marching and horsemanship choreographed to military band music. The Colour being paraded on London's Horse Guards this year was the flag of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards. (AP Photo/ Andrew Parsons, Pool)

The official birthday of the Queen is marked each year by a colourful military parade and march-past known as Trooping the Colour with troops from the Household Division. Staff Captain Justin Bootah of the Life Guards from India talking to one of the Queen's Guards. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by her husband Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh, arrives to inspect the troops at London's Horse Guards before the annual Trooping the Colour parade marking her official birthday , Saturday June 11, 2005. Some 1,220 troops took part in the spectacular display of precision formation marching and horsemanship choreographed to military band music. The Colour being paraded on London's Horse Guards this year was the flag of the 1st Battalion Irish Guards. (AP Photo/ Andrew Parsons, Pool)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »

THE QUEEN, PRINCE PHILIP, PRINCESS DIANA AND PRINCE CHARLES ON THE BALCONY AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE WATCHING TROOPING THE COLOUR. PRINCESS DIANA WITH PREGNANT WITH PRINCE WILLIAM.PRINCESS ALEXANDRA IN THE BACKGROUND (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) 1982

PRINCE CHARLES WEARING TRADITION BEARSKIN HAT (BUSBY) RIDING IN THE PARADE AT TROOPING THE COLOUR AS COLONEL OF THE WELSH GUARDS. (AP PHOTO/TIM GRAHAM PICTURE LIBRARY)

Household Division, Grenadier Guards carrying machine guns over their shoulders during Trooping the Colour, the Queen's official birthday. They are wearing black bearskin hats with white plumes, a scarlet tunic with dark blue colour and white piped epaulettes. They are part of the Household Division who guard the sovereign and the metropolis of London.Circa 1990s (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, centre rides in a carriage amid soldiers of the Brigade of Guards, as she returns to London's Buckingham Palace Saturday June 16, 2001, following the annual Trooping the colour ceremony. The parade, in which Guards regiments show their colours to the monarch, marks the Queen's official birthday. (AP Photo/Toby Melville/Pool)

TROOPING THE COLOUR - THE QUEEN'S OFFICIAL BIRTHDAY WHICH IS CELEBRATED EACH YEAR WITH A MILITARY PARADE AND MARCH-PAST. THE QUEEN REVIEWING THE TROOPS OUTSIDE BUCKINGHAM PALACE, LONDON. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) 2001
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 11:25:57 PM »

Queen Elizabeth II takes the salutes on horseback while dressed as Colonel-in-Chief of the Scots Guards during the Trooping the Colour ceremony in London, England, June 11, 1977. The Duke of Edinburgh, left, is wearing the uniform of Colonel of the Grenadier Guards. (AP Photo)

Queen Elizabeth II takes a salute from marching grenadier guards as she sits side-saddle on a police horse, Winston, after a traditional Trooping the Colour ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London, England, May 31, 1956. At right is the Duke of Edinburgh and at left is Col. Sir Thomas Butler of the Guards. (AP Photo)
I, Claudius

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 11:36:44 PM »

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 11:47:58 PM »

Grenadier Guards carrying machine guns during Trooping the Colour, the Queen's official birthday. They are wearing black bearskin busby hats. They are part of the Household Division who guard the sovereign and the metropolis of London.Circa 1980s (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)

Princess Anne the Princess Royal (in her role as Silver Stick in Waiting) with the Duke of Kent on horseback for the Trooping the Colour procession on 11 June, 2005 in London. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library) *** Local Caption *** Princess Anne the Princess Royal; Duke of Kent

Prince Harry being led on a horse after Trooping the Colour at Buckingham Palace (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 12:11:18 AM »

Queen Elizabeth II on Horseguards Parade in London riding her horse 'Burmese' during the traditional Queen's Birthday Parade at Trooping the Colour ceremony. In her hat is the red plume of the Household Division the Coldstream Guards whose turn it is to have their colour trooped. The black armbands are court mourning after the death of the Duke of Windsor. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)

PRINCE PHILIP YAWNING AT TROOPING THE COLOUR. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)

Hat, by milliner Aage Thaarup, worn by Queen Elizabeth II with a plume for her regiment at Trooping the Colour in 1951, on display at the exhibition "Hats and Handbags - Accessories from the Royal Wardrobe" at Kensington Palace State Apartments. Garter star decoration with the Order of the Garter motto "Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense" "Shame on Him Who Thinks This Evil" (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)

A mounted drummer of the Household Division taking part in the Massed Bands on parade for the Queen's official birthday, Trooping the Colour.Circa 1990s (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)

A back view of the Irish Guards uniform worn for Trooping the Colour, the Queen's official birthday. The guardsman is wearing a red tunic, a red and gold ceremonial sash and a sword.Circa 1990s (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by palimpsest »
I, Claudius