Author Topic: The Dukes and Duchesses of Parma - portraits  (Read 39044 times)

Offline crotalo

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dukes and Duchesses of Parma - portraits
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2006, 05:56:14 AM »

Margarita Aldobrandini, duchessa di Parma

Offline crotalo

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2006, 05:57:26 AM »

Margarita di Medici, Duchessa di Parma

Offline crotalo

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2006, 05:59:17 AM »

Henriette of Modena, duchess of Parma, by Rosalba Carriera

Offline crotalo

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2006, 06:01:21 AM »

Maria d'Aviz, portuguese princess and Duchess of Parma, Piacença e Guastalla.

Offline thomaspolk

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2006, 12:19:37 AM »
I would like to thank Crotalo so much for the great pictures.  I have this wonderful addiction called portrait mania and this has been an exciting experience!

Thomas

Offline pouvoir aux canards

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2006, 06:35:16 AM »
I would like to start the thread about Princess Louise,born in 1819,daughter of Ferdinand-Duke de Berry,sister of Count of Chambord who married Duke Carlo III of Bourbon-Parma...I didn't have much chance to hear or read much about her,nor to see her pictures or maybe portraits,so...if anyone could help!

Marc, please, I have to precise: She was (Son Altesse Royale) Louise Marie Thérèse de Bourbon, Princesse de France, Comtesse d'Artois until 1830, Comtesse de Rosny after 1830, She was named Louise Marie d'Artois or Mademoiselle, or Louise de France >:(

She was daughter of Monseigneur le Duc de Berri (or Berry) but SHE WAS NOT duchesse de Berri. His mother was. not her.  >:( >:(

After her wedding she became Louise Marie de Bourbon, Princesse de France, Duchesse de Parme (not de Bourbon-Parme) - so she was Duchessa di Parma. Her marriage with Carlo III was unfair : he was bad and psycologicaly very cruel with her, particularly about her uglyness... openly comparing her with ll other pretty princesses of Europe. He was assassinated on 1854 because he decided to reset the tortures and physical punishments as the whip in his little - but enlightened - reign of Parma...  >:( >:(  >:(

She was very courageous, she asked his father in law - still living -  to rule Parma  but he refused, so she became Luisa Maria di Borbone, Duchessa Reggente di Parma e dei Stati Parmensi (there were other titles corresponding to the territories of Piacenza, Guastalla, Pontremoli...) during a difficult period, until 1859, when Italian Unity took the Bourbon Parma away from ruling... :-\

BR
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 06:44:57 AM by pouvoir aux canards »

Offline pouvoir aux canards

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »
 ...Her marriage with Carlo III was unfair : he was bad and psycologicaly very cruel with her, particularly about her uglyness... openly comparing her with all other pretty princesses of Europe. He was assassinated on 1854 because he decided to reset the tortures and physical punishments as the whip in his little - but enlightened - reign of Parma...  >:( >:(  >:(

She was very courageous, she asked her father in law - still living -  to rule Parma  but he refused, so she became Luisa Maria di Borbone, Duchessa Reggente di Parma e dei Stati Parmensi (there were other titles

I wrote too quickly this message, I apologize... Two other things, rather extraordinary,  I would like to say about Louise Marie: she granted  grace to the murderer of her husband, and she governed very wisely during 5 years: I have found some reports on his reign. She created tecnical schools, student purses, she helped associations for creation of libraries, she decided to create some important public structures and so on... (Also the  Queen of Etrurie, the mother of Louise-Marie's father-in-law, wisely ruled Lucca...)

The people of Parma called her "la Gigassa"... I am searching what it exactly means in the language of Parma. (It is not an italian actual word) (there is a similar word in french but the meaning is purhaps different) ...something like "giant".

BR

Offline CountessKate

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 07:32:17 AM »
shes prettty..this is the only pic ive seen of her =[

There is another by Rosalba Carriera, where it looks like she is a little older, in Dresden:

Offline Georges duke of Kent

• By Georges? Sine die
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2009, 01:56:59 AM »
I do have beautiful sepia pictures of the two daughters of louise d'artois, Alice grande duchesse de Toscana et  Marguerite, duchesse de Madrid SI quelqu'un est intéressé me faire signe if someone is interested please do come back to me. thanks excuse my english excusez mon anglais
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 01:58:39 AM by count guiramov »
If you want honnest answers ask honnest questions.

Offline REMI

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »
I do have beautiful sepia pictures of the two daughters of louise d'artois, Alice grande duchesse de Toscana et  Marguerite, duchesse de Madrid SI quelqu'un est intéressé me faire signe if someone is interested please do come back to me. thanks excuse my english excusez mon anglais

I am interested in these pics. It woud be so  kind of you if you could share and post them...
Thank you in advance. (  Je suis intéressé par ces photos.Ce serait très aimable à vous si vous vouliez les partager et les poster. Merci d'avance).

REMI

Offline Veronica

• Graf
  • Et Si Omnes Ego Non
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2009, 06:32:20 PM »
Hi! I'm also interested in seeing those pics, if you could please share them... Thanks in advance

• By Georges? Sine die
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2009, 01:44:13 PM »
Thanks for your interest both of you. Unfortunately I have those pictures on the desk of my computer in PAINT program and I dont know how I can use the INSERT IMAGE bottum here. If anyone has a clue youre mostly welcome. JCDG

Offline Mari

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2009, 07:10:16 AM »
I would like to see the pictures also! Perhaps if you contact Amadeo as one of the Administrators of this thread he could help you!  :) click on his name and leave him a personal message.

• By Georges? Sine die
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2009, 02:50:40 PM »
I found out the trick myself! Ouf! Many thanks.

Here is Marguerite duchesse de Madrid who looks like her grand mother the duchess de berry and great grand mother Clémentine d'Autriche.(have a look in wikipédia)

Secondly, Alice grande duchesse de Toscane who has the features of her grand father duc de berry.

As those pictures are from my own collection, I would reserve my right for any publication.
Enjoy Count Guiramov

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2009, 03:15:42 AM »
Count Guiramov,

I don't believe the second one is Alice. Firstly she doesn't resemble her in features. Secondly, the style of the dress is the middle of the 1860s, the lady looks at least 30 years old, and as we know Alice was a girl in the middle of the 1860s, being born in 1849.

Anyway thanks for sharing Marguerite's picture.