Author Topic: House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen  (Read 132632 times)

Offline Jose II

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »
Thanks Yseult.
Great photos. Antonia seems to have evolved from a rather plump young girl into an elegant adult and old person.
Or was she over dressed in that fashion of the mid 1800's ?

Offline Agneschen

• "Carlota"
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

Offline Yseult

• Knyaz
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2009, 01:59:02 PM »
Don´t know, Agneschen. I´ve seen this picture identified as Antonia. But I always thought she must to be Maria Ana. So, I will check another time. Maybe, our portuguese friends could clarify the question...

Offline Veronica

• Graf
  • Et Si Omnes Ego Non
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2009, 05:23:11 PM »
Hi Yseult!
I think the one in the last photo is indeed Maria Anna. There is another pose from that sitting in Maria Anna's thread, posted by DonaAntonia

Offline DonaAntonia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »
Thanks Yseult, Agneschen and Veronica. It is indeed Maria Anna. The book that states it is Antonia has many such mistakes.
They had matching dresses, like the Russian Grand-Duchesses.
So maybe that is why people mistake them for one another, just like some postcards state Olga is Tatiana and vice-versa.
But if you look closely, Antonia looks more like their father and Maria Ana looks more like their mother. The 2 Braganza girls are, indeed, physically very different.

«I am sometimes afraid of being so attached to my Country.
Only now, after leaving, do I realize how much I love the Portuguese.»

Princess Antonia (letter to her brother, King Luiz, 1887)

Offline Laura_

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 26, 2009, 07:04:29 PM »

Ohhhh, my God...!! It´s an incredible portrait, Marie. And a portrait with a sweet story behind, since it was the favourite of king Ferdinand. I must to say I´m thrilled about the portrait. Thank you sooooooo much for sharing, Marie.

You're  welcome! I'm glad you like it :-)

Do you know who painted it ?

Unfortunately I don't know   :-[  :(

Offline Yseult

• Knyaz
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »
Thank you so much, Agneschen, Veronica and DonaAntonia. I´ll move the picture from the Antonia´s folder to Maria Anna´s folder!!
I never have seen a picture of the two sisters together...maybe anyone of you have such a pic??

Offline Jose II

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »
Thanks Yseult, Agneschen and Veronica. It is indeed Maria Anna. The book that states it is Antonia has many such mistakes.
So maybe that is why people mistake them for one another, just like some postcards state Olga is Tatiana and vice-versa.
But if you look closely, Antonia looks more like their father and Maria Ana looks more like their mother. The 2 Braganza girls are, indeed, physically very different.

What book are you referring to ?
You've been posting lots of great photos from Infanta D.Antonia (as well as from D.Maria Anna) that I have never seen before

Offline DonaAntonia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2009, 03:28:14 PM »

What book are you referring to ?
You've been posting lots of great photos from Infanta D.Antonia (as well as from D.Maria Anna) that I have never seen before

Hi Yseult!
The book where some of Maria Anna's photos were published as Antonia's is called «Familia Real - Album de fotografias», by Nobre.

The photos I have been posting are mainly from my own collection, so they were never published before.
Some of Princess Antonia'a photos were however published in the album collection «Lisboa Desaparecida» (Lost Lisbon), volumes 7 and 8, by Dias.
Both books can be googled to see where you can order them from.

«I am sometimes afraid of being so attached to my Country.
Only now, after leaving, do I realize how much I love the Portuguese.»

Princess Antonia (letter to her brother, King Luiz, 1887)

Offline franz III

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2009, 02:36:34 PM »
sorry, I taped to fast, does anybody know anything regarding a Prince Karl E.G. von Hohenzollern that seems to be living nowadays in Rome?

Offline MarieCharlotte

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Sophie Charlotte (1847-1897)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2009, 04:27:26 PM »
sorry, I taped to fast, does anybody know anything regarding a Prince Karl E.G. von Hohenzollern that seems to be living nowadays in Rome?

The only Karl von Hohenzollern I know, is Karl Friedrich Emich Meinrad Benedikt Fidelis Maria Michael Gerold Hereditary Prince of Hohenzollern (born 1952). He is the son of Fürst Friedrich Wilhelm and his wife Margarita zu Leiningen. I don't know where he lives at the moment, but his children were born in NY (1987 and 1988) and Munich (1992 and 1995).

What do you mean by "E.G.", some kind of abbreviation?
Ich aber breite trauernd aus
die weiten weissen Schwingen,
Und kehr' ins Feenreich nach Haus -
Nichts soll mich wieder bringen.

Elisabeth

Offline franz III

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2009, 04:06:21 AM »
seems to be E as Erhberht and G as Guenter. Perhaps can be a connection with an Elizabeth von Hohenzollern that I have found in myspace.com she writes she lives in Rome and she is half german half italian, can it be or can it be a lie? I'm very curious about, I'm making a study for my university regarding the hohenzollern family regarding people from the family still living nowadays, thanks very much for any answer.

Offline franz III

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2009, 07:17:00 AM »
This is the complete name she writes about herself:
Name : Elizabeth Christiana Augusta Frederica Chaterina Surname : von Hohenzollern Staufer von Hohenstaufen, von Sigmaringen-Hàwenau, von Schleswig-Holstein, von Luthringen, von-und-zu Gottorp-Oldenburg. Can it be?

Offline MarieCharlotte

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Sophie Charlotte (1847-1897)
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2009, 04:00:53 PM »
This is the complete name she writes about herself:
Name : Elizabeth Christiana Augusta Frederica Chaterina Surname : von Hohenzollern Staufer von Hohenstaufen, von Sigmaringen-Hàwenau, von Schleswig-Holstein, von Luthringen, von-und-zu Gottorp-Oldenburg. Can it be?

I just checked the Hohenzollern genealogy on Paul Theroff's website. There is no female member called Elisabeth / Elizabeth. I guess she's a wannabe. How could she be Princess of Hohenzollern and Princess of Schleswig-Holstein and Duchess of Oldenburg, etc. in one person?!
Ich aber breite trauernd aus
die weiten weissen Schwingen,
Und kehr' ins Feenreich nach Haus -
Nichts soll mich wieder bringen.

Elisabeth

Offline franz III

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2009, 02:21:40 AM »
Thank you very much mariecharlotte, I had the same feeling!