Author Topic: Help with Identification, Translations, Finding a Photo  (Read 174084 times)

Offline halen

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Identification
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2008, 11:03:42 PM »
I have never seen that picture before and its lovely. I have to say that is a new favorite of mine.

I will offer my opinion and say it looks like Tatania, then again, I'm dead on my feet from work and bleary eyed...

Louise
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

When he shall die
Take him and cut him out into stars
And he shall make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2008, 03:22:19 AM »
I can´t see the picture so I can´t help.... Could anyone re-post it?

Offline Marie-Catherine

• Boyar
  • Just remember they were normal people, like us.
    • View Profile
    • My travel blog (French only)
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2008, 10:26:44 AM »
Can't see it neither, but I'm pretty sure it's Olga. Never seen it before too.

"Time flies by with a horrible quickness" -Maria

Thanks to the talentful FadedDreams for the banner !

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2008, 10:40:03 AM »
Oh I can see it now. That´s definitely Olga.

Offline StevenL

• Boyar
  • Don't believe everything you think.
    • View Profile
Re: who is that Serbian Grand Duke ?
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2008, 11:51:10 AM »
I don't think so my dearest friend!
He discent from Grand Duke (Veliki Zupan in serbian) Stefan Nemanja I of Serbia, the Saint Simeon, founder of the first Royal and later Imperial House of Serbia.
I propose to you to read the greek edition of "Who is Who"!
I studied balkan, slavic an eastern studies at university of Macedonia! So i am an expert on Balkan and Slavic history!
I don't speak as a monarchist or republiccan. I speak as historian!
Do you have any idea on balkan and particularly on serbian history?
Of course H.R.H. makes better propaganda than H.I.H.
The Crown Prince has much more possibilities. It is true.
Is to difficult for the young Grand Duke restore his house to the serbian throne...
So let the serbian people choose its ruler...

Serbia is free to choose anyone it likes, and I truly hope it does!
But you are being hoodwinked by a fraud, one of the worlds countless pseudo-aristocrats.

The claim to be the legitimate heir of the medieval Serb rulers is preposterous and absolutely silly.
Explain every step of the interim succession through the last half-millennium, please.
I cannot wait to see the genealogies (and supporting documents?) that have been dreamed up to
link this spontaneously-appearing prince to his medieval royal ancestors through a long line of 16th,
17th, 18th and 19th century predecessors that the world has also never heard of before now, and for
which there is bound to be little or no documentary or corroborating proofs.

Offline StevenL

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »
I don't think so my dearest friend!
He discent from Grand Duke (Veliki Zupan in serbian) Stefan Nemanja I of Serbia, the Saint Simeon, founder of the first Royal and later Imperial House of Serbia.
I studied balkan, slavic an eastern studies at university of Macedonia! So i am an expert on Balkan and Slavic history!
I don't speak as a monarchist or republiccan. I speak as historian!
Do you have any idea on balkan and particularly on serbian history?
Of course H.R.H. makes better propaganda than H.I.H.
The Crown Prince has much more possibilities. It is true.
Is to difficult for the young Grand Duke restore his house to the serbian throne...
So let the serbian people choose its ruler...

Serbia is free to choose anyone it likes, and I truly hope it does!
But you are being hoodwinked by a fraud -- one of the worlds countless pseudo-aristocrats.
The sudden emergence of a legitimate heir of the medieval Serb rulers is preposterous and absolutely silly,
like a plot line from a bad sitcom spoof.

As self-declared historian and authority, please explain for us every step of the interim succession through the last half-millennium.
I cannot wait to see the genealogies (and supporting documents?) that have been dreamed up to
link this spontaneously-appearing prince to his medieval royal ancestors through a long line of 16th,
17th, 18th and 19th century predecessors that the world has also never heard of before now, and for
which there is bound to be little or no documentary or corroborating proofs.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:01:35 PM by StevenL »

Offline Peter Karlov

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »
Dear StevenL, my english is very bad but your english is very very good!
So you can read and understand english!
I am an professional on balkan and slavic history and a man of serbian ancestry!
Are you professional on balkan and slavic history? Are you of serbian ancestry?
Of course you are not!
Stop the attack to this young man who loves Serbia and who cannot defend himself because he dosen't know about this attack!
It is unfair!
Grand Duke's only dream is the progress and the hapiness of his beloved country! He never claimed any office in serbia!
His family never made any propaganda for restoration!
All that they want is Serbia's good!
So let Him in peace...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:32:00 PM by Peter Karlov »

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »
What a crock. Try tis on alt.talk. roayalty and see how far it flies.  Some of those guy are REAL experts.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2008, 02:12:11 AM »
I am an professional on balkan and slavic history and a man of serbian ancestry!
Of course you are not!
Stop the attack to this young man who loves Serbia and who cannot defend himself because he dosen't know about this attack!
It is unfair!
Grand Duke's only dream is the progress and the hapiness of his beloved country! He never claimed any office in serbia!
So let Him in peace...

It's not just your english that's bad kid.You're a mental case of the nasty kind as is that crook on the website.Buzz off!!

Seen the website?Seen the "Long live Karazic"nonsense on top??Blithering Idiots.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2008, 02:21:37 AM »
I had not even seen those crackpots, Lucien! And so sorry for my lousy, dyslesic typing.  It seems to be getting worse, but  then, this subject does not induce one to much  erudition, does it?
 I know of another kid who  claims to be the legitimate king of Macedonia. What drives these people, I wonder at times?
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline StevenL

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2008, 06:52:44 AM »
Of course you are not!
It is unfair!
So let Him in peace...

Once again, where are the scholarly-vetted genealogies and the documents that support the dynastic claims of this spontaneously-appearing self-proclaimed prince? Please produce them for us, emminent professor. Any sane professor would not accept a 500 year-old claim based on an entry in a recent edition of the Greek Who's Who. For a purported scholar, that is absolutely pathetic.

Your "Grand Duke" is a charlatan like Alex Brimeyer, the author of "Le petit fils du Tsar," or the phony-baloney Scottish pretender "Prince Michael of Albany," or Michel Biarneix, who claimed to be a Habsburg and even married the daughter of King Michael, or Andreas von Wernitz, who claims to be "Prince of Salm-Kyrburg," but is actually a nobody with a criminal record from Hungary who actually married a real genuine aristocrat.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 07:12:43 AM by StevenL »

Offline StevenL

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2008, 11:14:16 AM »
Incidentally, for the serious scholars of royal genealogy here, I suggest a wonderful little gem I just uncovered here in my office:

Published in Zagreb in 1937 (title page in Serbo-Croatian and English, contents in English):

"King Petar II and Prince Regent Paul: Descendants of the Ancient Serbian Kings"

The co-authors are the emminent genealogist Baron Otto von Dungern and Dr A. Omicikus.
Included are three unbroken lines of descent:

From King Stephen I (+1223) down to King Petar II (+1970)
From Prince Lazar (+1389) down to King Petar II (+1970)
From 11/12 century Grand Zhupan Urosh down to Prince Regent Paul of Yugoslavia (+1976)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:16:25 AM by StevenL »

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »
Unless someone can produce some real proof that the gentleman is who he claims he is, I am not going to allow any further discussion about this faux-royal.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
I have  checked all of my royal reference books, and I certainly can't, Lisa. And some of mine include just about every obscure dynatsy in the charts.  I have posted the question on alt.talk.royalty, however.  There are several real experts there. Let's see what  we get as a response.

Offline StevenL

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »
I have  checked all of my royal reference books, and I certainly can't, Lisa. And some of mine include just about every obscure dynatsy in the charts.  I have posted the question on alt.talk.royalty, however.  There are several real experts there. Let's see what  we get as a response.

Many of us who specialize in royal genealogy no longer post at ATR due to all the spam and trolls.
A few die-hards post there, but not very often.