Author Topic: Tatiana in "Nicholas and Alexandra"  (Read 73766 times)

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Tatiana in "Nicholas and Alexandra"
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2006, 08:59:03 PM »
I love this film!!! I received it the next week and I saw it the last night.

I am not surprised that this film received two academy awards. The actors are terrific, particularly the one who plays Nicholas II. I could hardly retained my tears during the scene  after the abdication. When Nicholas went back home, as a commoner, and that he finds Alexandra in her drawing room. Really sad. And the final act, when Alexei kisses his father before the slaughter.

But to tell the truth, I find the scene with tatiana really shocking. In this film, the girls are the only figures who have not been succeded.  The have no similaries with the real grand duchesses. Their talks, their behaviours, their postures are completely differents. They haven't got physical similarities with the grand duchesses neither. I couldn't discern who was Olga, Tatiana, Maria. Only Anastasia could be recognized thanks to her behaviour. Maria isn't succeded at all.  This film is not interesting  for somebody who would like to have a real portrait of the 4 grand duchesses.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2006, 10:24:29 PM »
Your message is somewhat confusing.  First you say you love the film, then you say it is not interesting.

Personally, I thought it was pretty poorly done and wouldn't bother to watch it if it came on telly again... :(

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2006, 04:04:01 AM »
I said that the film is  not interesting  "for somebody who would like to have a real portrait of the 4 grand duchesses". I don't speak english fluently, sorry. So it may be confusing. I said that the grand duchesses were very bad-portrayed in this film.  But I love the film, and I will certainly see it again.  :)

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2006, 12:25:12 PM »
Don't worry, Leanora! I understood you. I must say that besides OTMA's depictation, I really liked the film, but the scene with Tatiana and the historical inaccuracy of the Grand Duchesses really spoil it for me...
As I said before "historical inaccuracy  >:("

Offline nikolayevna

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2006, 07:31:18 PM »
hey, i have yet to see the DVD version of Tatiana exposing herself. I read from a review that she said something like "I am so pretty and I want a man...blah blah blah" in the film. Is this true??? Cos that sucks as a line! How did Olga, Marie and Anastasia react? From the pictures I've seen, they just stand back.

Actually, for me, more surprising than Tatiana stripping is that the guard did not take advantage of her.  ::)

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »
This is the dialouge:

Tatiana: Go away! What do you want? Do you want to see me? (opens her dressing gown) Is that what you want? (guard looks at her chest and leaves. Olga embraces her as she cries.) I'm 21 and I'm pretty! Everyone asys I'm pretty! And that's the only man who's ever seen me!
Olga: I know, I know. It's alright, my dear. He's gone, he's gone.
Tatiana: You know what's funny? I wanted to ask him in... just once... I wanted somebody.

As above, Olga emraces and comforts Tatiana, but Maria and Anastasia just stand still.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Sarastasia »

OlgaNRomanovaFan

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 11:37:59 AM »
I didn't like the scene with Tatiana, mostly because I believe if any of OTMA were to do that, it would not be Tatiana. She was known for being dignified and had the aura of a Tsar's daughter. I don't think she would have exposed herself in front of a guard.

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2006, 12:15:54 PM »
I completely agree! I can unserstand that they wanted to put across the point that Tatiana wanted to be comforted, but there are 10 (at least!) other people in the household to do that!

OlgaNRomanovaFan

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 12:41:03 PM »
I completely agree! I can unserstand that they wanted to put across the point that Tatiana wanted to be comforted, but there are 10 (at least!) other people in the household to do that!

Exactly! I think if she wanted comfort she would have found it with her family and the people she loved. I can't see how she would have found comfort exposing herself to a guard.

ferngully

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 02:10:07 PM »
as young ladies, they wouldn't have had much experience with men and therefore unlikely to want attention that way in my opinion
selina                          xxxxxxxxxx

OlgaNRomanovaFan

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006, 04:10:14 PM »
as young ladies, they wouldn't have had much experience with men and therefore unlikely to want attention that way in my opinion
selina                          xxxxxxxxxx

I agree, with the sheltered life OTMA lived I can't see any of them even thinking about exposing themselves to a guard, let alone actually doing it.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2006, 04:19:43 PM »
Nikolayevna,

If you are an adult, with thinking ability, and you are writing on a thread that is where children come to learn historical information, this first of all is not at all, even from fact, anything of a historical nature. It is dirt, plain and simple.

Secondly, you are mixing non-fact with that of personas who were raised with anything but immoral actions or thoughts.

Do you honestly think that any young girl of that time would from a good family, and we are not talking about royalty would express herself to anyone, or think that way ?

Either you are looking for validation of your statements in regards to the movie dialogue, or you are sadly not reading or comprehending what would be real in relation to the grand duchesses.

If you want to talk about plain dialogue in regards to what writers fabricate that is one thing, but to offer it as fact, is wrong, inexcuseable. This is not even acceptable for the "Fun thread" ....

Please do not bring such type of thoughts, unsubstantiated to these kind of threads. Try please to offer fact, if nothing else. Thank you.

Tatiana+

hey, i have yet to see the DVD version of Tatiana exposing herself. I read from a review that she said something like "I am so pretty and I want a man...blah blah blah" in the film. Is this true??? Cos that sucks as a line! How did Olga, Marie and Anastasia react? From the pictures I've seen, they just stand back.

Actually, for me, more surprising than Tatiana stripping is that the guard did not take advantage of her.  ::)
TatianaA

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2006, 11:22:05 AM »
Tania, your posting somewhat confused me. Surely in this thread, we are discussing how the makes of Nicholas and Alexandra mis-portryed Tatiana, esp. in the bedroom scene?
Surely, Nikolayevna was just asking about the dialouge that goes on??

Princess_Olishka

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2006, 06:26:50 PM »
I didn't like the scene with Tatiana, mostly because I believe if any of OTMA were to do that, it would not be Tatiana. She was known for being dignified and had the aura of a Tsar's daughter. I don't think she would have exposed herself in front of a guard.

I agree! And I don't believe any of OTMA would do it, anyway!

Offline Justine

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2006, 07:55:38 AM »
Yeah, I think so. I don't think any of OTMA especially Tatiana could do something like that
my deviant=>open for comissions

my Tumblr