Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty > The Myth and Legends of Survivors

Claimants of the Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich

(1/24) > >>

Annie:
I have always wondered why there haven't been more claimants and survivor rumors on GD Michael/Mikhail/Mischa, the Tsar's younger brother, since his body was never found.

Here is something I found in the book "Memories of the Russian Court" by Anna Vryobova, written in 1923. She had been imprisoned many times by both the Provisional Gov't and the Bolsheviks, and spent much time hiding from them. She met a lot of strange people who had been through a lot in that time period too. Here is something one of them told her, take it for what it's worth, might be a fun distraction from all the worn out old AA rehashing. From Chapter 22 of her memoirs:

The most fantastic contradictions concerning all these alleged murders have from time to time cropped up. When I was in prison in the autumn of 1919 a fellow prisoner of the Chekha, the wife of an aide-de-camp of Grand Duke Mikhail, told me positively that she had received a letter from the Emperor's brother, safe and well in England.

calebGmoney:

--- Quote ---I have always wondered why there haven't been more claimants and survivor rumors on GD Michael/Mikhail/Mischa, the Tsar's younger brother, since his body was never found.

Here is something I found in the book "Memories of the Russian Court" by Anna Vryobova, written in 1923. She had been imprisoned many times by boht the Provisional Gov't and the Bolsheviks, and spent much time hiding from them. She met a lot of strange people who had been through a lot in that time period too. Here is something one of them told her, take it for what it's worth, might be a fun distraction from all the worn out old AA rehashing. From Chapter 22 of her memoirs:

The most fantastic contradictions concerning all these alleged murders have from time to time cropped up. When I was in prison in the autumn of 1919 a fellow prisoner of the Chekha, the wife of an aide-de-camp of Grand Duke Mikhail, told me positively that she had received a letter from the Emperor's brother, safe and well in England.

--- End quote ---
LOL I was a bit worried this was a thread about that CIA agent who said he was Alexis. I guess the reason there were no claims to be Michael is because he was not a young child. It's strange how his body has never been found. We don't even know when, how, or if he died, although we have been told he was shot.

Phil_tomaselli:
British intelligence sources put Michael at Omsk heading a counter-revolutionary movement in the summer of 1918.  they also seem to have thought he was connected with the White coup that opened up Archangel to the allied fleet in August 1918.  Certainly I have seen signals regarding both, though the first turns out to be based on a story from a Swedish businessman who was in Siberia at the time.

One day, when I've time I shall have to look at the Archangel papers again.

Phil Tomaselli

cimbrio:
I suppose that had Michael survived he would have made it public, unless he remained in the USSR and could not openly admit he was a Grand Duke (for obvious reasons). Nevertheless, if so little is known about his death (of which I know very little), and if his body along with his secretary's was burned, I suppose it'd be fairly difficult to find ashed in a forest, maybe a few feet below the ground...

calebGmoney:

--- Quote ---I suppose that had Michael survived he would have made it public,
--- End quote ---

Very true

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version