Author Topic: Would you trade your life for theirs?  (Read 7255 times)

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
Re: Would you trade your life for theirs?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »
My life might not be the greatest in the world but it is mine to live.So I would have to say no I wouldn't want to trade places with any of the Romanovs no matter how grand a life they briefly led.

Besides if I changed places with any of them knowing what I know now...lets just say with my 21st century attitude I wouldn't fit in very well. ;D
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Offline jehan

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 07:43:11 PM »
I would love to go back, and see them as they were sure. I would actually kill for the chance.  )

And just who would you actually kill?

:o :o

;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by jehan »
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in. 
(leonard Cohen)

Offline James_Davidov

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »
I have a freedom the Romanovs never had.  I have been well educated, I have friends from all different social backgrounds, I have been able to choose my partners, go travelling, earn my own money, etc.  I also won't have to spend the majority of my adult life with a partner my parents chose for me and I don't plan on being constantly pregnant either.  Would I trade that freedom I have? Not on your life!

We'll said Ra Ra.  Personally, its all well to imagine living someone else's life, but i'd freak out being in a different body
You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals.
Queen Mary

Offline Azarias

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 01:05:01 AM »
I have been in this sort of conversation before. Usually it's more like "if you could come back again, who would you be?"

In the end other peoples lives may seem more glamorous, famous, wealthy or whatever it is that people wish for. Alonf with those things comes that others persons fears, demons, health issues etc. What seems like a privilged life that is carefree can also often mean other hidden aspects.

I'll keep my own life - thanks! It may not always be the most exciting, but I know what I'm dealing with! But oh, to have that time machine and just be a fly on the wall..... hmmmm.

Jim_Wilhelm

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 12:30:10 PM »
No. Just imagine a visit at the dentist in those days. Royal or not. It would be horrible.  ;D

Yes but they had laudenum back then! A few swigs of that stuff and you wouldn't care what the heck they did to you! ;D

Jim Wilhelm
Albuquerque, NM USA

Tania

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 04:04:19 PM »
Because I have been several times where I hung between life and death, I understand the question very well. In both this life and in the lives of the IF, faith was a everything, regardless of whether they lived or died. For them they learned much more about human dynamics, and what was really important in the end. I am sure, this allowed them to face death in the end. They lived each day in their utter confinment with that awakening and closing of each day in real faith and prayer. As Orthodox Christians, this is how we live, and die. Invariably, we may not be able to save anyone, but for Orthodox Christians, the inner answer is in being responsible in our faith, to God and how we respond to everyday life, and others.Our lives are not about objects, jewels, things, oppulance, etc.

So my response, is while i could not save them, I would gladly have joined them and died with them.

Tatiana+

Offline Azarias

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 05:01:07 PM »
What a beautiful thought Tania, and expressed eloquently!  ;)

We are who we came into the world as, and we also are what we make ourselves and become. Maybe that is a better way of saying what I was trying to express what I did above.

Interesting to also think that in their confinement at the end perhaps the Lord gave the IF the opportunity to be freed of all worldly concerns and have that period of time to devote to Him. And I believe this is what they did. I have said on here on other threads before, they traded one set of crowns for another!

ferngully

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006, 07:18:40 AM »
hell no! i would hate to be royal anything so all that finery would just freak me out. to be viewed as so high up and like an object, not a normal person and people watching and commenting on everything i do, no way :P
selina               xxxxxx