Author Topic: Princess Alexandra of Hohenlohe-Langenburg  (Read 111791 times)

Offline Laura_

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Alexandra of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2007, 08:37:58 AM »
you are right grandduchessella, i read it is from the Silver Wedding celebrations in David Cripps' book. :-X

Offline Laura_

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2007, 08:41:38 AM »

Sandra was worse thanm ost to me. Except in some informal shots, royals rarely smiled (understandable given the time to take photos) but didn't give off the same vibe. Queen Alexandra and Missy aren't smiling in many of their photos, yet no one would accuse them of being sullen. It's just something in her expression that seems dissatisfied with everything around her.

they couldnt smile in every pic but Queen Alexandra and Crown Princess Marie did smile quite often, didnt they?  Marie especially when posing with her children  :) and also Empress Elisabeth of Austria did smile in some pics  believe it or not  ;)  ::)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:57:28 AM by Laurra »

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2007, 08:35:12 PM »
When you are such a beauty, you have much to smile about...Poor Sandra did not have that... ???

Offline Laura_

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2007, 04:03:32 AM »
Lol ..so only great beauties could smile back then!

Offline bell_the_cat

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I am he, who will bell the cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »
Sandra wasn't bad looking.  I reckon she suffered in comparison with her sisters. She was better looking than the Wales girls or the daughters of the Empress Frederick, which may be some consolation!

The Kaiser's son August Wilhelm and his daughter in law Crown Princess Cecilie fled from Potsdam at the end of WWII and ended up in Langenburg. "Auwi" is actually buried in the Hohenlohe family cemetery in Langenburg.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow. (Mark Twain)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2007, 02:38:42 AM »
Well...I think she was really quite plain...not ugly though. A Plain Jane...no more no less. :(

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2007, 09:12:51 AM »
Sandra wasn't bad looking.  I reckon she suffered in comparison with her sisters. She was better looking than the Wales girls or the daughters of the Empress Frederick, which may be some consolation!

You think?? I think Vickys daughters were attractive, especially Sophie and Mossy. And the Wales trio were pretty too. I don't think Alexandra was ugly but she wasn't as pretty IMO! :)
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2007, 12:49:40 PM »
Even if Sandra was just plain looking, that has nothing to do with how much she did or didn't smile!

I think she was definitely not ugly, but she was not a great beauty. I think the Wales girls were pretty and better looking. Toria sometimes looked very beautiful when she was young. Louise and Maud did too.
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2007, 08:41:35 PM »
Agreed ! We are agree that Sandra was plain. However she is much more attractive than 2 of her daughters (who never married).  :(

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2007, 09:25:37 AM »
Hmmm, I want to know why those two (Princess Alexandra Beatrice and Princess Irma Helene) never married? They were not hideously ugly!
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline PrinceEddy1864

• Knyaz
  • lovely louise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2007, 03:33:10 PM »
Hmmm, I want to know why those two (Princess Alexandra Beatrice and Princess Irma Helene) never married? They were not hideously ugly!

I actually think Irma was quite pretty.

I think they both spent too much time looking after Sandra, and sort of became like Toria was to Alix. After their mother died and they could finally focus on their own lives they were both too old to marry.
from the top of the ocean to the bottom of the sky.
albert victor christian edward.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2007, 08:33:34 PM »
The same cannot be said of Princess Alexandra...she looked like a mouse.  :o

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2007, 06:10:51 AM »
Really I think that is too harsh.. Sandra did not look like a mouse!

Offline Linnea

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2007, 12:14:09 PM »
I think he meant Alexandra┬┤s own daughter Alexandra. ;)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2007, 12:05:08 AM »
Well...with a face like Alexandra, I have no doubt people will be knocking at her door. Maybe they haven't found the right one ? Like Thora ?  ???