Author Topic: Siblings  (Read 8857 times)

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
Re: Siblings
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2006, 01:51:19 PM »
My dad definitely is. My mom's back in classes and is too busy to do housework, I've still got the "but I'm your kid!" excuse, so it's up to Dad to do stuff around the house. So of course, I come home every day and have to step over a pile of book or something.

Offline Kimberly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Loyaulte me lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »
My hubby has just discovered where the kitchen is...after nearly 20 years of marriage :P
Member of the Richard III Society

Offline Caleb

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2006, 08:18:17 PM »
I have a brother, Aaron & a sister-in-law (Aaron's wife), Lindsay

Rebecca

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2006, 01:55:31 AM »
<fans self> ;D

I admit most  boys/men tend to be lazy around the house though . . . right ladies?  ;)

Lazy is a word too weak to describe men's laziness...  ;) My brother does not do his own ironing, he brings his shirts and so on to poor ME and watches TV while I am slaving with the iron.  :P

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
  • To Be Useful In All That I Do
    • View Profile
    • Edward III's Descendants
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2006, 06:01:22 AM »
Stand up for yourself.  ;D ;D
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

"Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2006, 10:19:49 PM »
Most of my life, even growing up, all houswork, laundry, everything was left for me, even watching a younger sister as well, because both parent's worked. It was difficult as I had to balance school, etc. but I did it. My sister did not do anything. She ended up acting like a spoiled princess, unfortunately.

But I lucked out, in finding a wonderful husband. Now that I'm pretty much disabled, it is he who balances the house, along with our daughter. I don't know what I would do without my dear husband, and daughter. I honestly never knew my life would keep me from doing simple household tasks.

I have to say his mom made sure he would be equipped well as a mature adult. She taught him as a very young boy, how to sew his buttons on his shirt, how to keep the house clean, how to cook, etc. It was no easy thing for her either as she has had to go through many pace maker operations. Yet I am more than grateful for her care to make sure her boys would be able not only to take care of themselves, but to be a strong support system for their future wives. He also served in the US Army in Vietnam as a Medic, learning a bit more of english at the front. Now how great is that for a human heart  to care, and be involved ?

There are moms who care, and thank goodness ! But much more, thank goodness for the young men who care that much more. How lucky we women are to find such gems  ;)

Tatiana+[size=9][/size]
TatianaA

Offline Ortino

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Ortino
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2006, 11:11:06 PM »
I have one brother a few years younger than me. We don't really have much in common, but we have fun together when we do hang out. My parents think differently--when we're together it makes them highly suspicious. They automatically think we're up to something! ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Ortino »

Rebecca

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »
Stand up for yourself.  ;D ;D

I usually do (or withdraw) but in this particular case I am not going to stand up for myself because then...maybe...my brother won't change the wheels on my car for me...  :D ;) (And because of the horrible Swedish winter, this has to be done twice a year, from winter wheels to summer wheels and back again... Why is Sweden so cold?!  :'(;D)

Offline Sophia_Skymind

• Boyar
  • ...everything is a matter of point of view...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2006, 12:56:47 AM »
I don't know, but here in Quebec, it's the same! And fortunately I don't have have a car. Yet. I take the train.  ;D

Well, hi. I just stumbled on this thread, and thought it'll be funny to entertain you with my crazy family's settup. ( Smile again).

I'm the oldest. Then I've got 5 brothers, who are actually 20, 19, 18, 17 and 15. I also have two sisters, who are 11 and 9. We don't live in the same house, thanks God! My parents would have turned mad a long time ago.

Strangely enough, being the oldest, I'm kind of "neutral". I act as a barrier between the parents and the kids, and I have good relationships with all my siblings. I think we were quite a handful when we were small. My smallest brother used to fall on purpose in the stairs in order to bring all of Mom's attention to himself (brat!), and having us all in the same minivan really was any parent's nightmare. And my smallest sister's greatest fun now is to disobey grown-ups on purpose. She's a miniature Anastasia. Brat , too.

They're all really fun when you're trying to study...
The first time is luck, the second time is coincidence, and the third time is SKILL!- Shayla Worley

Offline Galactic_Misfit

• Currently living in the jetstream
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2006, 03:52:42 PM »
I have a huge family...
4 brothers and 3 sisters...
There are Aaron and Cori (23 yr. old fraternal twins);Me(Chrys), Cari and Jayme (fraternal triplets, 20);Reilli and Scott (fraternal twins who are 19)and Kona (17).Oh and then my mom and dad of course.
As for who I'm the closest to... I'm  extremelly close to all three of my youngest siblings, Reilli and Scott in particular though.

Offline granduchess_leah

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2006, 04:50:32 AM »
i have only 1 brother named matthew heres a pick of him,he is 11 and is very speacial cause he has alstisum
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=matthewyk8.png

i aslo have a mum and dad but split,so they both hv now a gf and bf

my dad goes out with a woman called helen who had 2 daughters,jenni who is 20 and beth who is 16,guess there like sorta like my sisters but not truely,

and i have 9 cousins,3,ungles and i dont no how many aunties.lol

Offline Dasha

• Knyaz
  • Love of a child is the greatest gift.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2006, 07:56:35 PM »
Here's a picture of my almost eleven-year-old sister Rebecca (the one in the red dress).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Daria5381/mysister.jpg

~Dasha~

'I'm meant to fly,
Sail unrestrained'.

"Woman" from "The Pirate Queen"

Teacher-in-Training
Blockhead for Life (Stephanie J Block is simply excellence)
Lover of (Almost) All Things Jane Austen
Broadway Addict
Anglophile
History Buff

Offline Candygirl3

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »
I've got a little brother who's three years younger than me. He is kinda annoying  :P but we get along most of the time. :)

Offline miki_nastya

• Boyar
  • Love and respect the animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2007, 02:09:58 PM »
   I have 3 older sisters and a young brother. We are very close,but sometime I wish to be the only child at my parents.
otmabannertt0.jpg

Offline pandora

• Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »
I have a sister four years younger than myself. We're very, very close - she has "my back" and I have hers no matter what the situation. This same closeness has carried over to our children too.