Author Topic: The Golovina  (Read 10975 times)

Offline dp5486

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
The Golovina
« on: March 11, 2006, 09:43:09 PM »
I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I thought this forum would be the best place...

One of the things that stood out to me in Grand Duchess Marie Pavlovna's memoirs was the vast degree of interest that her step-family had in Rasputin. I had no idea that the Golovinas that introduced Felix Yusupov to Rasputin were related to Princess Paley!

Could anyone provide more information on the Golovinas? I know that Mme. Golovina was Princess Paley's older sister and that she had a daughter named Maria Evgenievna Golovina. That's about it.

Thanks!

Offline lancashireladandre

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: The Golovina
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 02:14:45 AM »
See page 2 of Russian Noble Families... :)

Offline dp5486

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »
Thank you for the pointer! All my questions are now answered! :)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 10:09:59 PM »
Munya Golovina was one of Rasputin's biggest supporters, and it was her who first introduced Felix Y. to Rasputin.

She wasn't Prince Paley's older sister, but his mother did have kids by her first husband, and his older half sister Marianna was allegedly involved in the murder plot though Felix claimed there were no women there.

Offline dp5486

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 05:54:41 PM »
Actually it was Lyubov Golovina, Munya's mother, that was Princess Paley's older sister. Grand Duchess Marie Pavlovna (Jr.) detailed in her book how her extended family was very divided over Rasputin. Lyubov and Munya as well as Alexander and Alexandra Taneyeva von Pistolkors were supporters of Rasputin while both Grand Duke Paul and Princess Paley detested him. And like you said, Marianne and Dmitri had a close relationship, meaning that she obviously disliked Rasputin as well. I think I read somewhere that the Pistolkors lived with Princess Paley and had to go visit Rasputin at Ania Vyrubova's house due to her dislike of him.

Offline dp5486

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 06:04:18 PM »
In "Lost Splendor" Felix tells how Munya Golovina "Mlle. G." came to see him after the murder of Rasputin and warn him that many of Rasputin's followers wanted to rally together and seek revenge. If Munya was just a devoted follower, why did she come to warn Felix? Wouldn't she want to part of this plan for revenge?

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 08:31:32 PM »
She loved Felix so much she didn't believe it, or didn't want to. In Lost Splendor he has her telling him that AV and AF said he had done it, but she didn't seem to believe it.

Also wasn't Munya's brother married to Anna V.'s sister Sana?

Offline dp5486

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 01:26:12 PM »
She must not have been as fanatically obsessed with Rasputin, as many books describe her as being, if she still doubted what AV and AF told her.

Munya's cousin Alexander von Pistolkors, the son of Princess Paley by her first marriage, was married to Sana and they had three young daughters named Alexandra, Olga, and Tatiana.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 03:15:27 PM »
She must not have been as fanatically obsessed with Rasputin, as many books describe her as being, if she still doubted what AV and AF told her.

No it's that she loved Felix so much she refused to accept it. It was her who had introduced Felix to R, so if he was responsible for his death, this made her partly responsible too and maybe she couldn't deal with that guilt. Also, she was fanatically obsessed with Felix's brother, and wanted to lie on his grave, wanted to conjure his spirit. She had been literally a lifelong friend of the brothers. So I think it was her love for the Yussoupovs that made her doubt Felix did it. She was one of the more fanatical R girls, and had spent much of the day at his apt. the day and night he died.

Munya's cousin Alexander von Pistolkors, the son of Princess Paley by her first marriage, was married to Sana and they had three young daughters named Alexandra, Olga, and Tatiana.

Then was it Anna V.'s brother who was married to Munya's sister? I'm sure there is some family connection.

Offline dp5486

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 06:25:55 PM »
Munya sounds like a woman who would make a good stalker in our time.

I'm not sure if Sergei Taneyev, AV's brother, did marry into the Golovin family. I have only heard about Munya and her mother Liubov.

Offline gugussey

• View Profile
Maria Munya Golovina
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 10:06:12 PM »
Can someone tell us when and where Maria Eugenia Golovin died?  I believe she died in Paris but when and at what age?  Merci bien.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
Re: Maria Munya Golovina
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 12:54:42 AM »
Can someone tell us when and where Maria Eugenia Golovin died?  I believe she died in Paris but when and at what age?  Merci bien.

Mariya Evgen'evna Golovina was born in 1887 and died in 1972. She is buried along side her mother (d. 1938) in Paris at the Kolomb? cemetery.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Cornholio

Re: Maria Munya Golovina
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 09:22:30 PM »
I had wondered what became of her. How did she get out of Russia, anyone know?

I see she actually outlived Felix (they were the same age) I wonder how their relationship was in later years. They had been so close when they were young, but after he killed Rasputin, her idol, they must have fallen out. Did she ever speak to him again?

Offline yussupov29

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 11:34:25 PM »
Are there any photografs of Munya Golovina?

Offline lilianna

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »
Munya Golovina and Lily Den in the homeland Rasputin  in 1916

Munya Golovina and Alexandra Pistolkors