Author Topic: Windsor Jewelry We Love to Hate  (Read 133113 times)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Windsor Jewelry We Love to Hate
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2006, 09:10:49 AM »
Yes...that is the page that I saw Princess Margarita wore the ruby parure set...but none of Sandra ?  ???

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2006, 09:55:30 AM »
Were there many events to wear it to in the years after she inherited it?  :-/ She probably would've worn it to Missy's coronation if she'd attended.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline boffer

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2006, 01:05:44 PM »
I have never liked the Duchess of Kents small Aquamarine, it is very uninspirational and i would prefere the imposing Brazilian Aquamarine. It is just very similar to a button tiara.
"There is a motto which has been borne by many of my ancestors - a noble motto, "I serve". " - Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

Offline lancashireladandre

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2006, 01:39:16 PM »
I have never liked the Duchess of Kents small Aquamarine, it is very uninspirational and i would prefere the imposing Brazilian Aquamarine. It is just very similar to a button tiara.

The Duchess of Kent's tiara had originally a blue gullioche enamel surround.It was altered after it came into the Duchesses possession.

Offline B5218

• Boyar
  • And now for something completely different ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2006, 02:24:14 PM »

Offline Frederika

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • queen frederika
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2006, 02:27:05 PM »
camilla wore that honeycomb thing at the Brazilian presidents visit this last week the queen wore everybodys favourate Brazilian aquamarine tiara.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2006, 04:26:43 PM »

It's funny--on the Windsor Jewels site (the latest one) I'd posted the link that B5218 did, to the Kent aquamarine tiara, because I liked it better than the Brazilian one.  :) Of recent aquamarine tiaras, I like the one that Sophie wore not too long ago--the one that started speculation about whether it was part of Princess Alice of Greece's aquamarine set or not. Speaking of which, Alice's aquamarine tiara (a gift from her aunt Ella) was lovely.

nelly

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2006, 05:21:16 PM »
camilla wore that honeycomb thing at the Brazilian presidents visit this last week the queen wore everybodys favourate Brazilian aquamarine tiara.

That must have been a sight :o :o :o

nelly

« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2006, 05:24:32 PM »

It's funny--on the Windsor Jewels site (the latest one) I'd posted the link that B5218 did, to the Kent aquamarine tiara, because I liked it better than the Brazilian one.  :) Of recent aquamarine tiaras, I like the one that Sophie wore not too long ago--the one that started speculation about whether it was part of Princess Alice of Greece's aquamarine set or not. Speaking of which, Alice's aquamarine tiara (a gift from her aunt Ella) was lovely.

Yes--Sophie's tiara is the nicest of the aquamarine tiaras I've seen lately IMHO.  Is Alice's tiara the one Princess Anne wears earlier on this thread?

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2006, 06:20:56 PM »
I don't think so... :(

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2006, 06:49:49 PM »
No, Princess Anne wear's Princess Alice's Greek Key tiara. Alice had an aquamarine one that has apparently been dismantled.

nelly

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »
I just wandered over this thread; the pic isn't here, so I suppose it is on the Windsor Jewels#4 thread.  Anyway, it is definately aquamarines & definately on Anne.  Come to think of it, I think it came to her from the Queen Mum and is too nice to appear here anyway ;)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2006, 09:40:19 AM »
I like the Greek Key tiara better !  >:(

Offline LenelorMiksi

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2006, 11:00:34 AM »
The Greek Key Tiara is really nice.  I think a great part of the misfit of the problematic tiaras is that they are too complicated in design, whereas the Greek Key is simplistic.  Marie Coburg's ruby tiara was definitely a misfire, even with a super-updo.  The Kent aquamarine tiara I don't like; the flower design looks very '60s to me.  Are there any pictures of Camilla in the honeycomb or am I missing something?
 CP Victoria is too cute to wear that nasty button tiara.  I like her necklace in that picture, though.
 BTW I was thinking about starting a thread on Favorite Royal Jewelry, but I don't know if it would be redundant as we already have the Windsor Jewels threads and this one, too.  ???
Grand Duchess Alice of Hesse:  "Each year brings us nearer to the Wiedersehen [reunion with the dead], though it is sad to think how one's glass is running out, & how little good goes with it, compared to the numberless blessings we receive.  Time goes incredibly fast."

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2006, 11:12:01 AM »
Maybe one of least known jewelry or lost jewelry would be a nice addition... ;D