Author Topic: FILE ON THE TSAR, by Summers & Mangold  (Read 28761 times)

TheAce1918

Re: FILE ON THE TSAR, by Summers & Mangold
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2007, 10:40:42 PM »
I've been meaning to check out the '02 edition...just to see what was revised and added.  Of course, with the DNA, and the debates over that theatre...it still looks like a good read.  Amazon has plenty of copies available...just might indulge myself.  :D

Bob_the_builder

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2007, 01:34:03 AM »
lol. The Sokolov part is still as valid today as it was then in my opinion. The sections of the books that aren't as valid are of course "The Pretenders" section about AA and the "Perm" section. Both seem to have been destroyed by DNA, but they are still fun to read for the alternative possibilities.  ;D

TheAce1918

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2007, 09:46:24 PM »
The Sokolov Report is about as believeable as the Warren Commission!

Historybuff_262

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2007, 06:39:14 AM »
I read the 1970's version. In the new version, do they mention anything about the DNA evidence?

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2007, 08:56:28 PM »
The Sokolov Report is about as believeable as the Warren Commission!

What firm evidence do you have to suggest this?

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

TheAce1918

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2007, 01:36:32 AM »
First off Belochka, I was being sarcastic. There is no need to jump like that.

Secondly, countless arguments have been made over the past four decades regarding this report.  From the 'approved'  physics tests on the magic bullet, to the testimonies from people at Dealy Plaza as well as the reports on Mr. Oswald himself.
The 1991 film JFK is a perfect example of this, along with Jim Garrison's text of the same name. 

Nikolai Sokolov's 'detailed' report about the events on 16 July 1918 have been regarded by many as faux on scientific as well as logical levels.

I don't believe in Sokolov's report nor do I fall for the Warren Commission.  The evidence that can be listed for both has been argued over the ages and can easily be found all over. 

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2007, 02:33:14 AM »
First off Belochka, I was being sarcastic. There is no need to jump like that.

Nikolai Sokolov's 'detailed' report about the events on 16 July 1918 have been regarded by many as faux on scientific as well as logical levels.

A polite explanation for your assertion was all that was required.

Thank you.

Who are the "many" who allegedly regard Sokolov's report as faux science and wanting on logic?

Margarita
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:37:35 AM by Belochka »

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

TheAce1918

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »
My assertion was merely my personal belief about two investigations that have been argued over by scholars, theorists, scientists, and romantics alike for decades.  I was not planning on posting a PhD-level report.  I've seemed to notice that reports like that are required around here if someone wishes to believe in different opinions (disregarding the banned users who keep showing up on the forum). 

The 'many' include those I've listed above, including a few members on the forum. 

Lord above!  All I did was joke on a subject, and I'm automatically attacked for proof and evidence that can silence the critics that seem to hound around here.  Whether your posts were supposed to be in the offensive, I felt attacked. 

Bob_the_builder

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2007, 02:50:46 AM »
The fact that no historians today take the Sokolov report seriously should say something.

Bob_the_builder

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2007, 02:51:55 AM »
I read the 1970's version. In the new version, do they mention anything about the DNA evidence?
Yes, there is an entire chapter about that.

Offline Archduchess Zelia

• Everyone who isn't us is an enemy.
    • View Profile
    • vesperlynds
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »
I don't know if the translator of this book was drunk while translating it into Danish, or if there really is as many factual mistakes in the original version too (for instance '... Olga, who was 1 year older than Maria ...' and that's just the top of the iceberg), anyhow I found it a bit ridicules. I know it's from 1976 and that back then all the facts we know today wasn't known, but a combination of, to me, really unrealistic stories and mistakes just made it really boring and slow to read, I didn't learn things I didn't knew before - on the contrary being the perfectionist I am, I sat and corrected all the mistakes.
Pardon any grammatical errors, English is not my main language.

"Are you sure, dear? You have to reign all afternoon, you know." - HM The Queen Mother, when HM The Queen wanted a second glass of wine with lunch.