Author Topic: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news  (Read 309659 times)

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news
« Reply #360 on: May 01, 2007, 07:55:14 AM »
Hello,

Here are the dates of Laetitia de Witt, daughter of Baudoin the Witt, son of Marie-Clothilde Napoleon (1912-94)

Laetitia de Witt, b.Perigueux 11 Oct 7 1974 ; m.Cendrieux 19 Jun 2004 Jean Guillaume Marie Cte de Villelume (b.Boulogne-Billancourt 12 Mar 1961 )

The picture shows her marriage. I did not find any other until now.

La vérité est plus importante que l'amour

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 01, 2007, 03:48:39 PM »
This count is the descendant of ancient (not supernew napoleonic) aristocratic sort?
This is Drako Malfoy. This is my most favorite hero.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 02, 2007, 06:31:25 AM »
I am not sure, because I haven´t heard the name of the count before, he´s not one of very "grand figures" I think. But I don´t think that the title of the count was created by the emperor, I might have existed already before that time, I suppose. But I can only speculate, because I don´t know it for sure. If I find closer information I will inform you. 

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 05, 2007, 07:11:39 AM »
Jean-Christophe and his grandmother?

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 05, 2007, 09:21:57 AM »
That is who it appears to be. Thanks very much for the pictures, Britta and Dmitry.

I wonder when the last picture was taken. It looks recent.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:37:11 AM by Benjamin »

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 05, 2007, 10:01:48 AM »
The Prince Napoléon and the Princess Napoléon on 21 Oct 2006

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 05, 2007, 07:56:22 PM »
Charles Napoleon in the centre of this picture

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2007, 07:51:17 AM »
Thanks very much for the pictures! ;)

Dmitry, where did you find the recent picture of Jean Christophe? It´s only the back, but interesting, the young man really becomes very tall like his father...!

Dear Seth, very nice are also your pics. Where do they come from? The one with Jean C. would be nice in a bit bigger, but not possible, is it?

THANKS! :D ;)

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2007, 01:58:36 AM »
I don´t know, if those pics were already seen. They are a bit older, but interesting:

The old Prince Louis Napoléon, father of Charles etc, at a festival in 1993...

And what  found interesting, too is that picture from the marriage of Beatrice´s brother, the duke of Calabria:

Here we see Bonaparte and Bourbon families mixed:

For example we see little Jean Christophe next to his mother standing near to "Louis XX" of France, we see the father of Beatrice of Bourbon, and also the brother of Charles Napoléon, Jérome, in the picture. See rather above...That´s interesting in my view!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:00:09 AM by britt.25 »

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2007, 02:41:57 AM »
Here is the cover of the book of Laetitia about her greatgrandfather:

And here.....

The newest book of Prince Charles Napoléon!!!

He really looks like some kind of a political "fighter" here. I am really curious about him in future... :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:43:38 AM by britt.25 »

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2007, 12:22:27 PM »
Thanks very much for the pictures! ;)

Dear Seth, very nice are also your pics. Where do they come from? The one with Jean C. would be nice in a bit bigger, but not possible, is it?

THANKS! :D ;)

Hello,

I found those pictures on this site: http://www.association-notre-dame.org/Inauguration_Neuilly.htm. I'm afraid there isn't a better picture of Jean Christophe.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:36:19 PM by Svetabel »

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2007, 12:27:23 PM »
Britta,

Thank you very much for the three photos of the Napoleon family. I especially like the 3rd one. I think the Princess Napoleon is to the right of Prince Jerome. To me it's interesting how they attended the wedding of the brother of their former daughter/sister-in-law. But it seems as though the Princess Napoleon is on good terms with Princess Beatrice.

Since a fair amount of the Bonapartes plus "Louis XX" were at the wedding, I'm assuming no Orleans attended :D.

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 12, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »
Here is an excerpt from A Throne in Brussels about Clementine, Princess Napoleon, and the difficulties she faced in getting married:

"The princess was over thirty when, in 1904, she fell in love with Prince Victor Napoleon. He was the Bonapartist pretender to the throne of France. Ten years older than Clementine and still a bachelor, he lived as an exile in Brussels. Clementine asked her father for permission to marry the prince, but the king refused. He said that he did not want to offend the French republican government by having his daughter marry a Bonaparte. When she kept pressuring Leopold for his approval, the king unleashed a full-scale propaganda campaign against her.
    He had the Prime Minister, Count de Smet de Naeyer, as well as the Catholic Party leader Charles Woeste, write hostile letters condemning the marriage. Woeste, especially, was a man much feared. The son of a Protestant Prussian diplomat who had settled in Brussels after the Belgian Revolution, he had converted to Catholicism in order to join the governing Catholic Party...Woeste's message to the devout, conscientious Clementine was clear: it was her God-given duty not to marry. The leading editorial in the influential newspaper L'Independance Belge said: 'Princess Clementine, we are utterly convinced, cannot repay the affection of the Belgian people by forgetting her duty towards them, towards her father, and towards the Dynasty which is for ever inseparable from the great Belgian family.' This text had been anonymously written by Leopold himself. Clementine surrendered. In 1910, however, immediately after her father's death, the 38-year-old princess did marry Victor Napoleon. She was lucky that Leopold had died in time for her to still have children. Her daughter Marie-Clotilde was born in 1912 and her son Louis Napoleon in 1914. Through Clementine, the blood (and the nose) of the Bourbons was brought into the Bonaparte family. Victor Napoleon died in 1926, Clementine in 1955."

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2007, 03:22:10 AM »
Firstly thanks a lot for the picture of Charles Napoléon, even when it seems older, it´s interesting and he is extremely good looking there in my opinion. I have read some time ago that he is still looking much younger than he is. He will always remain a wonderful charismatic person, who I admire....
The text about the marriage between Clementine of Belgium and Victor is very interesting. I had already read before that her father was strongly against the marriage of her daughter with a Bonaparte, but here the situation is explained worse than I would have imagined. I only thought that her father "simply" did not give her any permission to marry Victor, but it was worse: That he started something like a campaign against his own daughter together with other influencial people of his cirlcles, and wrote anonymous articles that she would brake with the family in case of a marriage with a Bonaparte etc, is worse and more difficult than I thought. It really shows that the position of the Bonaparte family, especially in comparison with other royal families, was still of problems at that time. They were not really seen as equal in comparison to the "legal french government" It also shows the general problem of love- marriages, which are often not possible because of political reasons. It must have been a hard time for Clementine, but I think she was lucky in the end that she could marry Victor after the death of her father Leopold II. If he had lived longer, it  would not have been possible anymore for her to have children, and maybe the line of Jerome would have died out (if Victor had not married somebody else...) But I now wonder a bit, why Louis Napoléon, son of Clemetine and Victor, and father of Charles, was so conservative and of so little understanding for his son marrying a Bourbon and later another lady, who he did not want, even when the marriage of his own parents was so complicated itself! Maybe it´s a stupid comment, but I wonder, if he ever thought of that.... :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:28:46 AM by britt.25 »

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 16, 2007, 04:03:46 AM »
Sophie Napoleon

Unbelievably, but bastard daughter even so princess and her imperial highness...