Author Topic: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news  (Read 301482 times)

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2006, 02:10:53 PM »
I wonder if the Bonaparte children are close to the Murats at all?

I find it sort of humorous that since they have no real "Bonaparte" cousins, Jean-Christophe and Caroline have sort of had to associate with the Orleans and Bourbon families in order to be around royal relatives.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Benjamin »

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2006, 02:21:11 PM »
Charles, Prince Napoléon published a book last month, Les Bonaparte: Des esprits rebelles.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2006, 02:28:21 AM »
Do you know, if this book is also available in other countries like Germany and in a translation? ;)

I fear no :-/
La vérité est plus importante que l'amour

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2006, 04:33:09 AM »

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2006, 04:34:18 AM »
Jerome de Witt, son of Clothilde, cousin I. grade of present Charles Napoleon ;)

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2006, 09:01:34 AM »
Do you know, if this book is also available in other countries like Germany and in a translation? ;)

I fear no :-/

I'm afraid the book is only available in French (doubt that it will be translated).

However you can buy it on http://www.amazon.fr

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2006, 03:50:33 PM »
Thanks for your nice postings...do you know if there are translated any other books of Charles?

I will try to contact him during the next time...

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2006, 10:06:02 AM »
Actually, I think that this recent book is the only one that Charles has written.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2006, 12:41:31 PM »
Charles Napoleon has already published the following book, I would have to look up the exact date when it firstly went for selling (I am not sure, but I suggest it was last year or two years ago)
But for my part I do not think that it is translated in other languages or is sold among other countries. But I can also be wrong. The topic sounds interesting, I must confess, it deals with the comparison (or at last the political view) of the two Corsican citizens, Napoleon and Pascale Paoli, who is said to have been a great example to young Napoleon, when he was still living in Corsica and attending school there.

Here Charles was signing his new book on the Bonaparte and Paoli topic before selling it. It may be at Ajaccio, his "second home" apart from France, as the picture shows also a brach of the mimosa tree next to him, which is typical for mediterranean countries.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2006, 12:47:35 PM »
Also quite interesting: The handwriting of Charles. This was a slogan concerning one of his political positions, I think.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2006, 12:50:15 PM »
Also quite interesting: The handwriting of Charles. This was a slogan concerning one of his political positions, I think.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2006, 12:50:17 PM »
Thirteen year old Louis, father of Charles, with his dog :)

Offline Monarchist

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2006, 03:45:45 PM »
He looks so happy on that picture! And his dog is adorable.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2006, 03:54:43 PM »
I also like him very much, especially when he was young. Clementine once shall have said (or written?): "Louis is always smiling and singing, only not when he has to do his work for school!"

As adult I like his son Charles more, he is more charismatic to me and has some kind of charme, which must come from his mother Alix. :)

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2006, 07:27:17 PM »
Thanks for that wonderful picture Britta :).

Here is a little information about his son Jérôme (sorry for the rather messed-up English translation):

"As to Prince Jérôme NAPOLEON, I can only underline his extreme discretion. Prince Jerome, always unmarried, takes part little in the Napoleonic demonstrations (sometimes with the deposit of sheaf to the Invalids on May 5, hardly more). In September 1998, I had organized with the research and Studies Center on the Bonapartism, a conference on  Bonapartism with Holy-Suzanne (Doubs). Prince Jerome whom I had  solicited, had come there willingly. He chaired the conferences and expressed - what I was unaware of still - a perfect knowledge of the subject and political and social environment of the company. I must add that Prince Jerome is an attaching personality strong, very sensitive and particularly nice. All participants in the day, the conference, the dinner, the visits, which included journalists, the elected officials… greatly enjoyed his presence. Indeed, he resides in Switzerland (half of the year in Geneva, the other half in the family residence of Prangins towards Nyon). He is a librarian with the World Health Organization (WHO) of Geneva."

Or the post in its original French:
"Pour le Prince Jérôme NAPOLEON, nous ne pouvons que souligner son extrême  discrétion. Le Prince Jérôme, toujours célibataire, participe peu aux  manifestations napoléoniennes (quelquefois au dépôt de gerbe aux Invalides  le 5 mai, guère plus). En septembre 1998, j'avais organisé avec le Centre  d'Etudes et de recherches sur le Bonapartisme, un colloque sur le  Bonapartisme à Sainte-Suzanne (Doubs). Le Prince Jérôme que j'avais  sollicité, s'y était plié de bonne grâce. Il a présidé les conférences et  manifesté - ce que j'ignorais encore - une parfaite connaissance du sujet  et de l'environnement politique et social de la société. Et, pour ne rien  gâter, je dois ajouter que le Prince Jérôme est une personnalité fort  attachante, très sensible et tout particulièrement gentille. Tous les  participants à la journée, au colloque, au dîner, aux visites, les  journalistes, les élus... ont été enchantés de sa présence.  En effet, il réside en Suisse (à moitié à Genève , l'autre moitié dans la  résidence familiale de Prangins vers Nyon). Il est bibliothécaire à  l'Organisation Mondiale de la Santé (OMS) de Genève."

Source: post on Royauté in March 2001 by Thierry Choffat, Président du Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches sur le Bonapartisme
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Benjamin »