Author Topic: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news  (Read 309020 times)

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
  • To Be Useful In All That I Do
    • View Profile
    • Edward III's Descendants
Re: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news
« Reply #270 on: December 07, 2006, 12:56:15 PM »
I mean that since you can't persuade each other to see the other point of view, perhaps you should just drop the debate rather than wasting your time.
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

"Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 07, 2006, 02:41:21 PM »
Yes, maybe another topic should be discussed here apart from the right of Napoleon´s descendants on their titles, but Mr. Dmitry always starts this discussion from new! :P
La vérité est plus importante que l'amour

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2006, 02:07:49 AM »
Yes, maybe another topic should be discussed here apart from the right of Napoleon´s descendants on their titles, but Mr. Dmitry always starts this discussion from new! :P

If the thread is so unsettling to that person,maybe he should just ignore that it's there at all instead of adding uncanny and tiresome comments.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2006, 03:51:45 AM »
Don´t tell it me!  ::)

I am sorry to say that, but I am sure, if Dmitry had the choice he wouldn´t put the Bonapartes under the royal families, but under the claimants-thread ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 03:54:35 AM by britt.25 »

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2006, 04:24:48 AM »
This picture shows that the princess Napoléon (Alix) seems to have quite to have a good relation to the Bourbons, here she is standing beside Luis Alfonso ("Ludwig XX") and her former daughter in-law.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Je Maintiendrai

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »
Don´t want to be banned here, but I think that´s a nice decoration for Dmitrys livingroom-wall.  ;D

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2006, 02:55:35 PM »
Don´t want to be banned here, but I think that´s a nice decoration for Dmitrys livingroom-wall.  ;D

Ofcourse you won't get banned,silly,if it wouldn't meet his tast in the living room,he can tile it up next door for an Imperial flush after another moment of dispair ... :-*
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2006, 03:55:24 PM »

Princess Napoleon attending the Child Abuse Foundation Gala at Versailles (6 Dec 2004)

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2006, 06:00:01 AM »
And why they should have bad attitudes? I consider, that nobody can replace Louis XVII. I consider, that together with its death in 1795 the history of old royal France has ended. Instead of lawful king now so-called "pretenders" exist. These legitimists esteem Louis XX as " lawful king of France ", but do not speak, that aristocrats and noblemen (representatives of the most exclusive estates in France) were not capable to protect King and the social standing, therefore they could not go to numerous French provinces and lift people against revolutionaries. Instead of it they have run away to England (how much it was unapproachable for Napoleon, we know). Orleanists esteem the descendant of Egalite as the real candidate on the French royal throne. But I would not like to speak about Bonapartes. By the way, I shall not hang up this poster on a wall of my drawing room and to look at this poster.
This is Drako Malfoy. This is my most favorite hero.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2006, 06:22:17 AM »
Nobody forces you to support the Bonapartes as pretenders, all royal families of France are only pretenders in our time, and everyone can and should decide for himself, which he would elect. In gereral once can say, that there will never exist a monarchy in France again. But if you do not want to speak about the Bonapartes as you have said, I would have the serious question, why you post here, why don´t you simply ignore the topic, when you think Napoleons descendants are not worth to be talked about?

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 18, 2006, 11:57:20 PM »
I would like to know, what was reaction of the French aristocratic society to wedding of princess and the napoleonic successor.

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2006, 04:41:57 PM »
On 19 December 1978 HIH Prince Charles Napoléon married his distant cousin HRH Princess Béatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, daughter of Ferdinando, Duke of Castro, a pretender to the Neapolitan-Sicilian throne. Although both the groom and bride belonged to families that had once upon a time ruled France, the Bourbons and Bonapartes were historically bitter enemies, and their rival monarchist movements, howsoever futile, had heretofore prevented them from alliance, political or marital. Although both families are Roman Catholic, the couple declined religious nuptials in favor of a civil wedding in Paris.[5] Together they had two children, HIH Princess Caroline Marie Constance (born in Paris, 24 October 1980) and HIH Prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon (born in Saint-Raphaël, Var on 11 July 1986). The couple were divorced on 2 May 1989.

The happy end is not has gone right under the Hollywood script  :-[ :'(

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2006, 06:10:20 PM »
Bonapartes always will be upstarts. They are children of bloody and severe revolution which has occured in France and which has killed king and queen together with their son. Bonapartes never occured from royal, aristocratic and even nobiliary families. They always were simple Corsican peasants. I do not think, that they would have any chances or opportunities to promote in royal France. Yes, Napoleon differed from other people. But who such Napoleon? One of numerous generals of revolutionary France. I do not trust in the so-called napoleonic military genius. Huge human weights were the basic weapon for Napoleon. But it has not helped Napoleon in 1812. Because of huge distances from border of Russia with Poland up to Moscow Napoleon has been compelled to leave everywhere greater garrisons which became easy game for Russian the guerrilla. Only 30.000 people have returned from Russia in December, 1812. For comparison: in the summer of 1812 the huge napoleonic army has intruded in Russia. In it there were 640.000 people of the most various nationalities. From here expression " twelve languages " has appeared. I do not love Napoleon. I cannot understand, how it is possible to borrow an another's throne. I cannot understand, how it is possible to proclaim myself emperor. Those known pictures were very much remembered for me. On one of these pictures Napoleon was in a magnificent imperial cloak and a gold diadem, on other Napoleon crowned itself. Except for itself, Napoleon very much loved the brothers and sisters. Napoleon even created for them paper kingdoms. For the sake of the brothers and sisters Napoleon did not disdain to arrest and expel old royal families. How it is possible to concern to Bourbons so severely and brutally? How it is possible to arrest the Spanish royal family in 1808 how it is possible to force to renounce it a throne how can be given the Spanish throne napoleonic brother Joseph? How it is possible to expel Bourbons family from Naples and Sicilies and to give the Neapolitan throne to napoleonic sister Caroline and its husband to marshal Murat? How it is possible to give the Dutch kingdom to one more imperial brother Louis? It is a lot of Such cases. I cannot understand, how it is possible to marry the Austrian princess? Still also I cannot understand adventure and hundred days in 1815. Unless Napoleon did not understand, what in this case all Europe will be at war against it? I cannot understand all it. Unless Bourbons can forget, how Napoleon addressed with them? Unless Bourbons can forget what Napoleon has grasped their throne which has always been borrowed by kings from family of Hugo Capet? Unless Bourbons can recognize Bonapartes equal to? Bourbons always were one of branches of a sort of Hugo Capet. Now legitimists consider Luis Alphonso as lawful king of France Louis Luis Alphonso is successor Bourbons and Hugo Capet. Bonapartes cannot be successors of Hugo Capet in any way and Bourbons. In France salic the law always exists. Let Charles Napoleon marries even any Spanish princess (the daughter of Juan Carlos) or any parma lady (Marina de Bourbon of Parma), let Jean-Christophe marries the sister or the daughter of Luis Alphonso, let Napoleon II (King of Rome and Reichstadt duke) marries the grand daughter of Charles X (daughters of duke and duchess of Berry). All the same Bonapartes will remain Bonapartes in this case. All the same Bonapartes cannot be successors of Hugo Capet and Bourbons.

palatine

« Reply #284 on: December 23, 2006, 10:47:43 PM »
I have taken the liberty of editing Dimitry's post.

Bonapartes...Bourbons.

Dimitri, this thread is devoted to discussion of members of the House of Bonaparte.  If you want to discuss the first Emperor Napoleon, you should do so in the thread that is exclusively devoted to him.  Here’s a link:

http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php/topic,8303.msg233655.html#msg233655