Author Topic: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news  (Read 309018 times)

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news
« Reply #330 on: March 10, 2007, 06:26:24 PM »
Thanks, Seth, for these pictures, especially the first one was completely now to me, the second one I remember to have seen before. The one with Princess Napoleon and her son (it is Prince Charles N., isn´t it him? It looks like him, but somewhere he looks a bit unusual and younger than on othe pics... :o) is very nice. I really wished to get to know Princess Napoleon once, she seems always such an elegant, but still friendly and interesting person, but oh, that´s all so difficult... :P

You are very welcome :). I found it on while I was looking for more information about that documentary (which I only noticed because it was in that Answers.com article about Charles Napoléon that you kindly posted).

I don't know if that is Charles...the man in the picture has longer hair than Charles and his facial structure looks a little different.

I do wonder how close that the Princess and her eldest son are. The most recent picture I have seen of the Princess Napoleon with her son is from the late 60s or early 70s. Compare that to the Princess being photographed with her former daughter-in-law at royal gatherings in the past ten years. I wouldn't find it hard to belief that their relationship is probably a bit complicated, even almost ten years after the late Prince Napoléon's death and that whole succession dispute that came with it.

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »
Pr Charles Napoléon at the Louvre in 2004

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2007, 04:34:35 AM »
Yes, the picture is in connection with the documentary.

I wonder if Un nom en héritage is available for purchase... It comprised of three episodes about the Napoléons, Orléans, and some other family that I don't remember at the moment.

It must include the Hapsburgs as well, because of the link I posted are the pictures of Henri of Orléans, Jean Christophe Napoléon, and Catharina of Austria, wife of count Maximilian Secco di Aragona, daughter of Archduke Rudolf, one of the sons of Karl I and Zita. Beside her the portraits of Franz Joseph I and Elisabeth (Sisi). 
La vérité est plus importante que l'amour

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2007, 04:40:55 AM »
Thanks, Seth, for these pictures, especially the first one was completely now to me, the second one I remember to have seen before. The one with Princess Napoleon and her son (it is Prince Charles N., isn´t it him? It looks like him, but somewhere he looks a bit unusual and younger than on othe pics... :o) is very nice. I really wished to get to know Princess Napoleon once, she seems always such an elegant, but still friendly and interesting person, but oh, that´s all so difficult... :P

You are very welcome :). I found it on while I was looking for more information about that documentary (which I only noticed because it was in that Answers.com article about Charles Napoléon that you kindly posted).

I don't know if that is Charles...the man in the picture has longer hair than Charles and his facial structure looks a little different.

I do wonder how close that the Princess and her eldest son are. The most recent picture I have seen of the Princess Napoleon with her son is from the late 60s or early 70s. Compare that to the Princess being photographed with her former daughter-in-law at royal gatherings in the past ten years. I wouldn't find it hard to belief that their relationship is probably a bit complicated, even almost ten years after the late Prince Napoléon's death and that whole succession dispute that came with it.

It´s an interesting thought to analyse the relationship of Charles and her mother, Princess Napoléon. I wished I had more infos. I always had the feeling that they have a good relationship, but maybe I am wrong. are you sure that the last pictures with Princess Alix and her son are from the seventies? I seem to remember that there are photos, where both are attending special occasions together, but surely, those are official things. About the private itßs hard to judge, I think. Yes, but since there are pictures with princess Napoléon and Beatrice, it might be that the relationsnhip to the son is not so good, but I have nothing to prove it, it´s a pity.
By the way, there exist pictures, where Prince Charles Napoleon wears that kind of longer hair, but that was when he was some years younger. But I wonder, who this man should be, if not Charles. Strange... :P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 04:42:51 AM by britt.25 »

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 19, 2007, 07:03:14 AM »
Here is a photo with Prince Charles Napoléon and his father Louis in 1994.
Photos of him and his father in older age are rare in my opinion. The most of him and his father are from times, where Charles was still very young. This was three years before Louis´death:

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2007, 05:40:39 PM »
At them any bashful, thievish, constraining sight
This is Drako Malfoy. This is my most favorite hero.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2007, 01:55:18 AM »
I did not really understand your comment. You don´t like or critisize the facial expression of father and son?

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Je Maintiendrai

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2007, 07:32:06 AM »
I only wonder about one thing, which I always read again in interviews and texts with the politician Charles Napoléon: That he says to hold the opinion that Napoleons was not the enemy of the English. I think that is strange. He always says that Napoleon did not see the english as we believe it.  :o

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2007, 10:15:31 PM »
Britta,
Thanks so much for that picture of Louis and Charles. I hadn't ever seen such a recent picture of the two. They look so happy to be in each others company :-X.

Lucien,
Thank you for that article about Charles. It was very interesting when it said that Charles grew up "resenting his ultraconservative father." I thought that was rather blunt.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 24, 2007, 03:52:23 AM »
What do you personally think about the opinion of Charles concerning his ancestor´s view on the English? :P

And was it ironic, that they look happy ::)? I think Charles does not really look "happy" or very "satisfied" on that picture... :o

It´s also obvious (so I think) that father and son keep a little distance and do not look very closely to each other...(or do only I see it like that?)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 03:55:08 AM by britt.25 »

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 31, 2007, 10:03:02 AM »
I find it hard to believe that the first Napoleon was not an enemy of the British. He was in a state of war against them for most of his reign. If Napoleon wasn't an enemy of the British, then what was he? He obviously wasn't an ally. And I imagine that he would kind of dislike him for both the times they effectively had him deposed due to his defeats at Leipzig and Waterloo.

I was using irony when I was referring to the picture of Louis and Charles. They definately don't seem to like being around one another in that picture. I agree with you that the late Prince Napoleon and his eldest son seemed to be keeping their distance.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 31, 2007, 11:57:08 AM »

Did you understand the meaning of this comment? ;D ;D

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 31, 2007, 12:47:01 PM »

Did you understand the meaning of this comment? ;D ;D

My answer would have to be a definitive NO! ;D

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 02, 2007, 12:53:21 AM »
Sometimes the machines do not work properly, so it seems to me ;D ;D ::)