Author Topic: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news  (Read 308900 times)

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news
« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2007, 03:12:57 PM »
UUPs, I see now that I was wrong ;D Now where I copy the page I see the whole article and one more picture of Charles´wife... :D
It seems also that Charles relation to his son can´t be too bad because they are discussing about politics as the article says. The article is very informative!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 03:28:17 PM by britt.25 »
La vérité est plus importante que l'amour

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2007, 08:12:57 PM »
It seems as though Caroline is very close to her mother. I read on another royal board (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/620768-post102.html) that the two attended a Louis Vuitton function recently.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2007, 02:49:28 AM »
Thanks for that information. Anybody knows in which number of the PdVs it was? The other board says "from last week", which was it?

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 10, 2007, 10:41:20 AM »
It´s really a pity that I never achieved to interview him...even his brother doesn´t respond!

Charles seems to be very busy at the moment. Just take a look at the new logo of his website....:

(www.charlesnapoleon.com)

He is evidently working togehter with another man, I have never heard the other name. But I am not very good at french politics... ::)

Election day in France,click on "French decide on Sarkozy's mandate",and see who pops up....

http://edition.cnn.com/

Btw,Francois Bayrou was running for president along with Segolène Royale and Sarkozy Britt.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 10, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »
Oh my god! Call me stupid now that I did not know that!! Was too busy in the last time and always heard only of Royal and Sarkozy...sorry...what a blame... :P :-\ :'( :P And: May be I am such an old Bonapartist that I don´t see the todays politicians of France  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:54:27 AM by britt.25 »

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 10, 2007, 06:06:38 PM »
From today's edition of my local paper:

Napoleon's sword goes on auction block
FONTAINEBLEAU, France (AP)--After more than 200 years in the family, the gold-encrusted sword Napoleon carried into battle in Italy will be auctioned off Sunday, across the street from one of his imperial castles.
The intricately decorated blade is 32 inches long and curves gently--an inspiration he drew from his Egyptian campaign, said auctioneer Jean-Pierre Osenat. It has an estimated value of at least $1.6 million.

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 11, 2007, 02:44:59 AM »
It´s amazing! Thanks for the info! Do you know, or does anybody know, which family members of Napoleon inheritated this sword, and who decided to sell it??  Was it inheritated by the lines of the Princes Napoleon? As far as I know Baudouin de Witt, son of Clothilde Napoléon, and therefore cousin to Charles also heritated a lot of napoleonic things, and some time ago they opened the Pommerie as Napoleon Museum to show many of those things to the publicity, but despite of that I don´t think that was the owner of the sword. Does anybody know more?

Thanks ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:46:53 AM by britt.25 »

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 11, 2007, 04:06:38 AM »
From today's edition of my local paper:

Napoleon's sword goes on auction block
FONTAINEBLEAU, France (AP)--After more than 200 years in the family, the gold-encrusted sword Napoleon carried into battle in Italy will be auctioned off Sunday, across the street from one of his imperial castles.
The intricately decorated blade is 32 inches long and curves gently--an inspiration he drew from his Egyptian campaign, said auctioneer Jean-Pierre Osenat. It has an estimated value of at least $1.6 million.

Instead of the estimate,it fetched 4.8 million euro's,so that's way over 6 mll.$.The Emperor used the sword at the battle of Marengo where he defeated the Austrians in june 1800.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 11, 2007, 04:19:56 AM »
I think, Charles Napoleon  has found his Waterloo. He has lost for these elections in Legislative assembly. ;D
I read the party of Nicola Sarkozy is in the lead absolutely in all districts  :D
This is Drako Malfoy. This is my most favorite hero.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 11, 2007, 04:44:49 AM »
I think, Charles Napoleon  has found his Waterloo. He has lost for these elections in Legislative assembly. ;D
I read the party of Nicola Sarkozy is in the lead absolutely in all districts  :D

Not quite the Waterloo you hope for Dmitri,he was one of a thousand in the same district hoping for a vote as you can gather from the link I posted.He'll be running next time around.Pas de problem. :)

Nicolas Sarkozy's right wing party won 39.5% of the votes,enough to support his overhaul of France,which is a good thing.But then,appearing in a state in this clip isn't sitting well.Sarko drunk as a skunk after a meeting with Vladimir last week during the G8 summit,Germany,while always proclaiming he doesn't drink alcoholic beverages,not even wine.The clip wasn't/isn't aired on french national tv,for obvious reasons... :P:

http://www.ad.nl/buitenland/article1427575.ece
 :P ::)
Je Maintiendrai

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 11, 2007, 07:41:37 AM »
This is funny, he was drinking? A pity that he did not drink together with Charles ;D ;D

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 11, 2007, 07:42:44 AM »

So he personally did not come into the parliament? Source?

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 11, 2007, 07:46:56 AM »
Napoleon runs for parliament seat
7 Jun 2007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6727683.stm

Offline Richelieu00

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 11, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »
Hi All,

Sorry to go back to earlier discussions. But I was wondering whether anyone knows much about the life of Marie Bonaparte? Britt, I believe that you spoke to her grandson? He sounds fascinating. Did he have anything to say about his grandmother?

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 11, 2007, 02:55:20 PM »
Napoleon runs for parliament seat
7 Jun 2007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6727683.stm

The article is from 7 th of June, and now we have the 11th, it is really already sure that Charles "lost" and did not come into the parliament, as Dmitry said, or did I understand anything wrong?? Thanks for clarifying this up.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:13:29 PM by britt.25 »