Author Topic: Who Would You Choose?  (Read 26371 times)

Offline DaneRomanov

• ·´¯`·-* Bozhe Tsarya Khrani!! *·´¯`·-
    • View Profile
Who Would You Choose?
« on: August 22, 2004, 08:02:25 AM »
If the Russian monarchy was restored today and it was your choice alone to choose a Member of the Romanov Family to become Tsar/Tsarina who would you chose???
DRomanov

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Re: Who Would You Choose?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 08:53:31 AM »
This is a sad question because I wanted so badly for it to be Paul Illyinsky (ROMANOV!) who was the son of GD Dmitri Pavlovich. He was mayor of Palm Beach FL and passed away earlier this year. I would choose his son Paul as the successor. Second choice would be  someone from Xenia and Sandro's line, third choice would be Prince Nicholas Romanov, grandson of GD Peter, Nikolasha's brother.

Marquis Green

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 03:11:44 PM »
After reading this extensive link http://www.chivalricorders.org/royalty/gotha/russuclw.htm I would advocate HIH Grand Duchess Maria Vladmirovna. But in all honesty, I would not support a instituting a monarchy back in Russia. I think we have several reasons to see the benefits of democratic. They government form that best insures equality.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 11:48:26 PM »
Annie - Prince Paul Ilyinsky does not have a son named Paul. His sons are Michael and Dmitri Pavlovich.

One of these gentlemen would be my choice, if I had one to make, that is.

Offline Namarolf

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 07:18:41 PM »
Lisa, I know Dmitry Pavlovich has only 3 daughters (Adaire Catherine, Victoria and Lela), and his brother Mikhail a child named Alexis Taylor. Do you know if a Alexis Taylor is a girl or a boy? If it is a girl, I guess the Romanov-Illynsky male line will end with Dmitry and Mikhail, is that so?
Thanks

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 11:32:30 PM »
I don't know if Michael's child is a boy or girl. I have presumed Alexis Taylor is a girl only because Alexis tends to be a girl's name here in the US.

Offline Olga

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 04:48:50 AM »
Alexis Taylor Ilinsky, Princess Romanovskaya-Ilinskaya is a girl. She was born in 1994.

Offline Bonde

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 02:52:43 PM »
I would definitely choose the lovely Grand Duchess MARIA of Russia!!!  8)

Offline Olga

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 07:10:25 PM »
Which one?

Maria Alexandrovna
Maria Alexandrovna
Maria Alexeevna
Maria Georgievna
Maria Ivanovna
Maria Ivanovna
Maria Mikhailovna
Maria Nikolaevna
Maria Nikolaevna
Maria Pavlovna
Maria Pavlovna
Maria Pavlovna
Maria Vladimirovna

Specifics are always good.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by olga »

Offline Bonde

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 05:47:51 AM »
There is only one Grand Duchess of Russia alive today!   ;)

Grand Duchess MARIA Vladimirovna of Russia

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 10:24:29 PM »
Hopefully this question is only an academic one!

Russians do not need a monarchy ... its over ....  ::)

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Olga

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 07:31:17 AM »
No country needs a monarchy.........

Dashkova

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 08:19:51 AM »
If the Russian monarchy was restored today and it was your choice alone to choose a Member of the Romanov Family to become Tsar/Tsarina who would you chose???

Oh, god, what a question.  I would agree with Olga completely.  I'd say that Russia has had well enough of this family and they would all have to be masochists to agree to return to such a disgusting fate.

rskkiya

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 11:33:53 AM »
Miguel  

It is an open topic....

rskkiya

Offline ISteinke

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 02:03:38 PM »
I think they ought to discard the ill-conceived "succession law" of 1797 [only enacted because Pavel hated his mother.

Instead of going through all of this convoluted rigamareau, trying to extend the succession into distant branches of the imperial family, they ought to do what most other monarchies do- simply have the closest relatives to the last tsar take their place as the current imperial family.

Alexander III, Nicholas' father, is not without descendants, as we all know. As Nicholas is dead without descendants, and Michael is dead without descendants, they should simply pass the throne to the descendants of Xenia Alexandrovna, the next oldest child in the family. The oldest son of the oldest son of Xenia should be Tsar.

If Xenia were to run out of descendants [which I don't think will ever happen] then the throne should go to the Kulikovskys.

If the Kulikovskys run entirely out of descendants, and there are thus no more of the line of Alexander III, then and only then, should the descendants of Grand Duke Vladimir make a claim to the throne.

After the descendants of Grand Duke Vladimir would die out, then the descendants of Grand Duke Paul might inherit the throne, first the Ilynskys, and then if there were no more Ilysnskys, the descendants of Prince Lennart of Sweden.

By the way, did Prince Lennart of Sweden have any sons?

All of this confusion [with second and third and fourth cousins claiming thrones] only makes the idea of "restoration of the monarchy" more difficult. In England those second and third and fourth cousins would be peacefully playing cricket on their estates, very well aware of the remoteness of the chance that they would ever inherit the throne.

Point being: Let a descendant of Alexander III rule.