Author Topic: Welcome to the IMPROVED Forum!  (Read 96995 times)

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Welcome to the IMPROVED Forum!
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »
I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. I can't access older threads. I was trying to find one that was on GD George A and it was far down the list and couldn't be opened. The link from a more recent thread just gave the old AP forum screen that referred us to the new one.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
 :)

I apologize if this concern has been brought up before -- I couldn't seem to find it.

When I try to PM someone -- when I either "Preview" or try to "Send" -- I am getting an error message.

Anyone else?  Suggestions?  

Thanks very much in advance.

Janet R.
Janet R.

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2006, 03:08:34 PM »
You're not the only one, Janet. The problem is discussed a bit in this thread:
http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/YaBB.cgi?num=1143384628

I think it's a temporary glitch with the software...
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2006, 03:19:30 PM »
I think Sarah is correct. I have had the same problems, but trying again after a bit and things go smoothly.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2006, 03:31:44 PM »
Sorry, but am I seeing things or just going bonkers, lol. When I sign in I see regular standard time. Other times I see military time. Is this happening for a reason, or just because it does ? Thanks for any understanding on this.

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2006, 08:57:27 PM »
Sorry, but am I seeing things or just going bonkers, lol. When I sign in I see regular standard time. Other times I see military time. Is this happening for a reason, or just because it does ? Thanks for any understanding on this.
Not bonkers at all -- I've noticed the same thing. I bet the military time is the default setting for guest browsers. Once you log in, the time adjusts to your personal settings and time zone.
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2006, 09:10:34 PM »
Dang Sarushka, I was counting on you calling me 'bonkers'. lol. Ok, well that 'splains it all. Oh, I just remembered, I need to change the time on the computer clock. Yup, asleep at the switch. See how important your message was for me ? Thanks much Sarushka, you've made my day ! Hugs !

Tatiana+

Not bonkers at all -- I've noticed the same thing. I bet the military time is the default setting for guest browsers. Once you log in, the time adjusts to your personal settings and time zone.
TatianaA

Offline BobG

• Graf
  • George of Greece
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2006, 05:13:15 PM »
Is it just me or is the forum inconsistent in its speed.  Sometimes very slow, and sometimes almost normal?

FA:
I just noticed there is no way to modify or delete previous posts.  I was trying to change a link to a photobucket image that says is not there, and I find no way to make this change or delete the post with the nonworking link to Photobucket.  Tell me this is not a permanent situation, but only something temporary.  There have been many times in the past that I have seen something in a previous post that needs to be changed.
Please advice.
BobG

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2006, 05:23:03 PM »
Forum speed is now related to traffic. This new software uses a LOT more processor memory than the old forum. So, when there are a lot of users, it will be slower. We are upgrading the processor to accomodate this.

Posts made by you can be modified for 3 days after posting. After that, it locks. Am exploring ways to change this feature, but still learning this software in places.  What I really want is to allow you to modify, but not delete posts. These "mass deletions" of departing users, in their snits of pique really annoy me and I would like to stop that.

FA
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by admin »

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2006, 08:20:50 PM »
I don't even have a modify button come up on my screen.  :-/
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »
Last evening and today, unfortunately, it took me five times to press on the logout, finally I was logged out. Sorry to be bothersom about this, but just thought you might like to know, in case others were having the sameness of issue. Thank you.

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2006, 08:53:27 PM »
What I really want is to allow you to modify, but not delete posts. These "mass deletions" of departing users, in their snits of pique really annoy me and I would like to stop that.
Ooh! I'd love that. Mass deletions bug me, too -- especially when they deprive me of information because of a argument I've had no part in. And if we can modify, we can at least take back anything we *really* regret... ;)

Offline BobG

• Graf
  • George of Greece
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2006, 05:38:47 AM »
I have also been annoyed by references to post only to find the specific post mentioned is not there and you can't figure out what people are talking about.
The concept of modify posts and not deleting them makes sense.
No one should be allowed to "pull their posts".  By posting in the forum you are sharing your thoughts and ideas and participating in a "group" discussion.  Once you have posted they really should remain as part of the discussion forum.  If you no longer wish to participate, don't post anything new.
I hope you can work this out.
BobG

Tania,
The "Modify" and "Delete" button appear on recent post i.e. those less than three days old.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by BobG »

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2006, 09:14:23 AM »
I can think of a LOT of posts that SHOULD be deleted !
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Angie_H

• Knyaz
  • http://booboogbs.deviantart.com My Colored Pics!
    • View Profile
    • Eigna
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2006, 09:14:56 AM »
[size=16]Any idea when the older threads will be available?[/size]