Author Topic: Anna Anderson: The Final Frontier  (Read 106108 times)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
Re: Anna Anderson: The Final Frontier
« Reply #390 on: August 07, 2007, 01:29:23 PM »
I feel so sorry for Olga having to have been harassed and accused of turning her back on her niece. She was not Anastasia and Olga knew it. She wasn't taking in a fraud.
Yes that is very sad. She had to do all that to keep Anna Anderson from harassing her.

Actually, I believe it was Gleb Botkin who was harassing Olga A on AA's behalf... AA had a unique gift of getting others to do her dirty work without seeming to do so...

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 07, 2007, 02:08:35 PM »
I believe this could well have been the case. There is evidence of threatening letters being sent.

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 07, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »

Actually, I believe it was Gleb Botkin who was harassing Olga A on AA's behalf... AA had a unique gift of getting others to do her dirty work without seeming to do so...

Yes exactly! He played dirty. He also harrassed poor Xenia, Sandro refered to his "vileness" and Xenia said his behaviour was "cruel and hurtful". That's the last thing they needed! ::)
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »

Yes exactly! He played dirty. He also harrassed poor Xenia, Sandro refered to his "vileness" and Xenia said his behaviour was "cruel and hurtful". That's the last thing they needed! ::)
He also harassed Alix's sister Irene. Irene did not believe in that nonsense, when they were claiming AA to be A.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 03:18:14 PM by Elizabeth~Princess »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2007, 03:15:45 PM »

He also harassed Alix's sister Irene.

Sounds like he may have been the original pushy, mean, fanatical AA supporter :-\
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 03:18:41 PM by Annie »

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 07, 2007, 03:19:51 PM »
Yes it is quite amazing how anybody believed in the fraud AA. Those who supported her were vile and either deluded or complicit in committing a falsehood. History will not judge any of them at all well.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #396 on: August 07, 2007, 03:30:33 PM »
It's also disgraceful how AA and her supporters tried to destroy the reputations of those who denied her with their wild accusations! Xenia, Olga and Gilliard were 'greedy liars', Sophie B. a 'traitor', Ernst of Hesse a spy who committed high treason, she said Felix Y. tried to attack and kill her  ::)  just awful!

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 22, 2007, 01:38:57 AM »
I had always disbelieved AA as Anastasia, but I was floored when it was announced that she most likely was FS. I was amazed because of all the family members villified over the AA case, I felt most badly for Ernst of Hesse. This man spent his own money to find out who AA was and as it turns out, his detectives most likely obtained the correct answer - in 1928! I had so much sympathy for him trying to protect the memory of his sister's child.

And for quotes, I always loved what Olga A said - that people want to believe the fairy tale.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 22, 2007, 02:28:50 AM »
I had always disbelieved AA as Anastasia, ...

And for quotes, I always loved what Olga A said - that people want to believe the fairy tale.

Indeed, and the German fairy tale is retold over and over to this day and the next.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #399 on: August 22, 2007, 07:14:38 AM »

Indeed, and the German fairy tale is retold over and over to this day and the next.

Margarita

Just like the Brothers Grimm collection!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 07:20:41 AM by Annie »

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2007, 02:51:18 PM »
Looks now as if Yurovsky may have been telling the truth.  http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2324145.ece

The teeth, at least, ought to yield DNA and settle the question.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2007, 06:22:08 PM »
What reason would Yurovsky have had to ever lie? He set out to murder them all and he most certainly was very thorough. The evidence is there. None of them escaped at all.

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2007, 08:13:41 PM »
Evidently, he didn't have reason to lie.  It's just that people on these forums have questioned whether his reports should have been believed.  Since they are backed up by evidence, it seems they were accurate.  I wish "Unsolved Mysteries" could be brought back to do an update, also there should be a followup to the "Nova" program.

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 27, 2007, 12:53:08 AM »
I may have asked this before, but I wonder if Anna Anderson was so far gone she could have passed a lie detector test stating she was Grand Duchess Anastasia?

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 27, 2007, 01:36:18 AM »
who knows? she certainly wasn't the full quid