Author Topic: Songs that make you think.....  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Caleb

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Songs that make you think.....
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »
I wonder if there are any songs that make you think of a person, event or other memory. There are a couple lines from the song "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy", that remind me of a couple things. There's a photo of a woman given a ride in the cab of a steam locomotive about 1903 & there's a line in the song: "I make a little room & she climbs on up; open up the throttle & stir a little dust." There's of course, the line that reminds me of the Hohenbokens: "She says she's got a dream & I ask what it is; she wants a little farm & a yard full of kids."

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
  • To Be Useful In All That I Do
    • View Profile
    • Edward III's Descendants
Re: Songs that make you think.....
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »
I sometimes associate songs with a particular time in my life - last summer when I was in France, I had just bought Coldplay's album X&Y, and listened to it a lot there, so anytime I hear a song off it I remember that holiday - nothing more meaningful than that I'm afraid!
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

"Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:37:57 AM »
Pretty much every song that I have ever heard makes think of something like that-music is so associated with memory. The list would be pretty long, though! I know what you are saying about that exactly.

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 12:58:26 PM »
I sometimes associate songs with a particular time in my life - last summer when I was in France, I had just bought Coldplay's album X&Y, and listened to it a lot there, so anytime I hear a song off it I remember that holiday - nothing more meaningful than that I'm afraid!
I'm the same way. Whenever I hear the song "Sing Sing Sing" I think of this time back in June when I went to see Jeremy Kittel play in a small pub in a small town next to mine and he played that song. I think of that day every time I hear the song, not just how I went to the set but little things about that day, like how it was raining and my tennis lesson was canceled, and how I had a ballet class that morning and it was only me and one other person that day.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:11:32 PM »
There's a song, can't remember what it's called, but I listened to it the night my cat died. I was crying, and my dad told me to get into the car and he'd buy me some ice cream. I really didn't want any, but I didn't want to argue, either. That song was on the radio on the way there, and to this day, I hate that song. I can't listen to it without crying.

Offline Grand Duchess Kimbo

• Boyar
  • jek
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 09:41:33 PM »
Fort Minor's new song "Where'd You Go" kinda reminds me of my cat that died in 2004 at age 20. I wasn't told of his death, though,until about a month later, as I was on holiday at that time...it also reminds me of my 16-year old cousin who said he wanted to look for fame and went to another state, taking his little sister(whom I love dearly) with him. :(

kick, push, coast

TheAce1918

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 08:29:36 PM »
Every song makes me think ;)

But usually its the sad tunes that get me thinking.  Like Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World and Harry Neilson's Remember.  I've got a million of 'em :D

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 08:31:32 PM »
The song "Concrete Angel" makes me think of Judith Barsi. She was the little girl who did the voice of Ducky in the Land Before Time, and was murdered by her dad before it came out. He had been abusing her for years before it happened, and no one found out until after.

And one that isn't so sad. The song "You Are My Sunshine" makes me remember living in Florida with my grandparents, because my grandma had it on a record and we listened to it all the time.

Offline Imperial.Opal

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 05:07:31 AM »
  The song by Phil Collins '' Another day in Paradise'',makes you stop and think that many people are homeless,lonely, hungry and need help, for some people its not a wonderful world to live in , just to survive every day. living in cardboard boxes for example.  :( :(

Offline Caleb

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 09:45:58 PM »
A couple George Strait songs remind me of a couple things. In the song "I Want to Dance With You", it reminds me of when in "Nicholas & Alexandra", Nicholas & Alexandra were waltzing in Nikolasha's palace. In Strait's song "Heartland" it reminds me of the drive across northern Illinois through the farm country along I-88 (aka "the Reagan Memorial Tollway") on our way out to the Hohenboken's farm in Hillsdale, IL over my spring break.

Offline reashka

• Knyaz
  • Beautiful in any angle.
    • View Profile
    • Anne Frank Forum
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 01:05:42 AM »
A song called More To Life by Stacie Orrico. I like the lines 'there's gotta be more to life, than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me', it's not the circumstances that makes someone happy but the right attitudes.
Dare not to be indifferent

Offline Caleb

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 07:40:57 AM »
There's a song by Trace Adkins called "My Heaven" there's a line describing his heaven as "a wood frame house with a great big porch going all the way around." It reminds me of the Hohenboken's farmhouse with a wraparound porch.