Author Topic: Would Anastasia have grown into a beauty?  (Read 27157 times)

Offline GrandDuchess_2011

• View Profile
Re: Would Anastasia have grown into a beauty?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 07:51:59 AM »
 I am very curious about this sort of thing, what people would turn out like if they were not killed in their childhood or teenage years. But, there is no doubt that Nastya would have blossomed into a beauty.

I'm Nastya!!

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 09:49:32 AM »
It is hard to say what would have made Anastasia a beauty, or if she would have been one had she lived. I think she had potential, but that her sisters had special qualities that made them beauties of a different sort than she may have been. We always wonder about those who are never allowed to grow up, and with Anastasia, since her appearance changed so much, then it is only natural that we wonder even more.

Offline GD Alexandra

• Graf
  • "We had a beautiful dream and that was all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 10:46:54 PM »
Wait, let me understand, you beleive Anna Anderson was Anastasia? So she (AA) would have been as beautiful as Anastasia (because you think they were the same person) if it wasn't for all her injuries?

OlgaNRomanovaFan

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 09:46:07 AM »
I think Anastasia would have been beautiful had she lived. She was a Romanov, a family known for their good looks and I imagine she would have been as beautiful as her sisters in time.

Offline RichC

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »
Isn't it Mossolov who writes that Anastasia had all the markings of developing into a truly great beauty but that her beauty faded in adolescence?

ferngully

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 03:15:47 AM »
hard to say. she wasn't physically beautiful like her sisters in my mind, she seemed quite plain. i think her features would have been more sharp and clever looking, rather than soft and pretty like marie, or striking like tatiana
selina                       xxxxxxxxxx

Offline GrandDuchess_2011

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 07:52:58 AM »
It is really hard to tell things like this because nastya died before she really had time to blossom into the beautiful young woman she might have been. No one knows what she might have looked like. Maybe, with emerging technology, we could be able to age progress nastya's photos. Maybe we'll find out if she truly would have been a beauty, like her sisters.

I'm Nastya!!

Offline Darkness_tillXx

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 02:55:24 AM »
Isn't it Mossolov who writes that Anastasia had all the markings of developing into a truly great beauty but that her beauty faded in adolescence?

Well doesnt that happen to the best of us? ;D If you've gone through puberty..you've probably experienced weight losses and weight gains...bad hair days...days when ur nose is flat and wide..days when it is thin and sharp..days when ur eyes are huge and round..days when ur eyes are squinting..days when ur puffy, bloated, and red..days when ur just not urself..I think that Anastasia most noticably went through these sort of things. Which makes me admire her even more. But I personally dont think she was ugly at all. She would've looked alot like her mother.

Offline Ra-Ra-Rasputin

• Knyaz
  • Another Anastasia claimant; the ears match exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 03:31:34 AM »
But I personally dont think she was ugly at all. She would've looked alot like her mother.

I agree.

In so many photos I've seen, the resemblance between Anastasia and Alexandra is striking.

Rachel
xx
'History teaches that history teaches us nothing' ~ Hegel

Offline lilavanderhorn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 08:18:20 AM »
She definitely took after her Hessian side.
http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oaf715ct.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=otma6uf.jpg
She looks a lot like her mother and Ella in this one.  I think she would have looked nice with her hair up and a serious expression on her face.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »
Anastasia may have been more of a beauty than we would think; Her looks did resemble the Hessian side, although to me, there is also a definite resemblance to Olga Alexandrovna, Nicholas II's sister. She wasn't really known for her looks. Anastasia looked pretty Hessian, with a bit of the Romanov from her father's side.

OlgaNRomanovaFan

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 05:56:14 PM »
I agree that Anastasia resembled her mother, I think the resemblance is striking in these photos:

Offline lilavanderhorn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 06:32:20 PM »
The weird thing for me is that I think she looked like Alix in middle age, not young Alix.  In the picture above, she appears to be squinting, something we see Alix doing often.  In the 1915 picture I posted above, I think T and especially A resemble Alix, while M looks like her grandfather.

Offline Ra-Ra-Rasputin

• Knyaz
  • Another Anastasia claimant; the ears match exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006, 08:05:28 AM »
She definitely had the Hessian looks.

I found a photo once where I thought she actually was a young Alix; I'll have to see if I can find it.

In that 1915 formal, she does look very pretty, and very different from pictures just a year earlier.  It just goes to show how rapidly teenagers change in appearance as they grow.  

Rachel
xx
'History teaches that history teaches us nothing' ~ Hegel

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »
Yes, I think she looked like her mother when she was older as well, rather than a young Alix. The young Alix looks more like Marie.