Author Topic: Anastasia Cartoon circa 1995  (Read 159076 times)

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia Cartoon circa 1995
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2006, 10:11:42 AM »
Yes, an accurate film woudn't really attract people, unless it was made for TV, by a serious, reputable channel. Then the people watching it would be interested in it, and it would be for their audience, but it coudn't be big budget. As a result of this, the quality, might not be that good, so perhaps it's better not to do it. That's the only way an historically accurate film could be made-perhaps something like The Lost Prince production, which I thought was pretty good.

Offline romonovqueen18

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2006, 07:58:50 AM »
 im not new to these threads , however, i was just wondering ( if its already in the forum please tell me) is the music box that was in the  cartoon was that real. im asking this because on the alexanderpalace home page it looks like that was it.  

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2006, 01:00:28 PM »
Where are you looking? The only thing I can find on the APTM page is this egg here. That's the 1911 Anniversary Egg by Faberge, not a music box.

However the music box itself is made by the San Francisco Music Box Company and sold through their site. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link but it's pretty easy to find on their site. :) Hope this helps.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2006, 10:29:39 AM »
I'm not sure that the music box was real; I never heard that it was. Doubtless, they may have had music boxes.

Offline Grand Duchess Marishka

• View Profile
    • Ponaganset Hogwarts
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »
You're right! The SF company does have it!  ;D To tell you the truth, it's worth the money. I actually bought one after Christmas, so I got mine for only $14.00! That's probably the best time to buy it, just so you know. The regular price was around $35-40 give or take.
I hope you do get it. The minute I heard the Once Upon a December theme, I knew I had to have it.
PS, make sure you ask for the box that plays Once Upon a December. They have the same thing in two kinds, one playing that song, the other playing the Sleeping Beauty waltz.

Hope I've been of help.  :)

Offline Ortino

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Ortino
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2006, 06:39:06 PM »
The music box itself isn't real, but I wouldn't doubt that they had them in some form.

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2006, 12:33:34 PM »
You're right! The SF company does have it!  ;D To tell you the truth, it's worth the money. I actually bought one after Christmas, so I got mine for only $14.00! That's probably the best time to buy it, just so you know. The regular price was around $35-40 give or take.
I hope you do get it. The minute I heard the Once Upon a December theme, I knew I had to have it.
PS, make sure you ask for the box that plays Once Upon a December. They have the same thing in two kinds, one playing that song, the other playing the Sleeping Beauty waltz.

Hope I've been of help.  :)
It's all over ebay. I'm actually considering buying one from there.

Offline Ivan Komarov

• Boyar
  • God save the Tsar!
    • View Profile
    • noodlz15's deviantArt
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2006, 02:13:37 PM »
Whoever said that it was easy to find on the site was making an understatement...it's on the front page!

:)

I wouldn't buy it by an means, but that is very nicely made by the looks of it.
Just in case the fates are kind and you come back someday
I don't want to live without my little Anastasia
Anastasia, your disappearance is the thorn in my side
Anastasia, you know your absence is the thorn in my side

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2006, 10:13:21 AM »
I'm sure they would have had the music box in some form as well. The one in the movie isn't the literal one, but there defintely could have been a couple.

TsarCharles87

« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2006, 12:37:52 AM »
Wow...such an interesting thread thus far.  
I remember seeing the movie as a child and thinking it no more than a mere fairy-tale story...and thank God it wasn't Disney material!  I had no clue as to what the name Romanov meant to history until I was in high school, and now that my younger siblings caught it on television one time, they asked me about it...now I'm finding myself correcting the historically inaccurate events and such. :-/  
Now in terms of Once Upon A December...now and then...I find it a very nice song and one that fits well for this particular type of 'story'.  No more and no less.  
I hope Hollywood dosen't taint the royal seal any further than it already has...however we can credit them on one thing.  For the younger NAOTMAA fans, it opened their door into that time period.  

Offline Dctalk3185

• For even the very wise cannot see all ends
    • View Profile
    • nlavenice
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2006, 10:15:37 AM »
otma-gal3- "I mean, how sad and desolate the lovely Winter Palace looked, the loneliness of Anastasia..."

I think it was actually the Catherine Palace, but in the movie I believe they called it the Winter Palace. If you look at some aerial photo's of the palace you'll know what I mean. Anyway, I agree with you about the song it is very beautiful-- movie's pretty good too.

Inseparable to the end

Offline GD Alexandra

• Graf
  • "We had a beautiful dream and that was all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2006, 11:45:35 AM »
In fact, it is a fusion of both Catherine and Winter palace. If I remember well..I saw a behind scenes of the movie years ago and the animators said that the facade of the "animated palace" was based on Winter Palace's one and the interiors, the ballroom, on Catherine palace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alexanastasia »

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2006, 04:29:15 PM »
Does anyone have any images of the palace from the movie?

OlgaNRomanovaFan

« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2006, 10:50:42 AM »
I found a screencap from the film:

I have also read that it's a mixture of the Winter Palace and Catherine Palace. However in the film Anastasia asks someone the direction to the Catherine Palace whilst in St Petersburg, which is another goof since the Catherine Palace is in Tsarskoe Selo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by OlgaNRomanovaFan »

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2006, 11:48:04 AM »
Thank you for that picture. I had forgotten how much it looked like the Catherine Palace.