Author Topic: Help with Photo Identification, Question or Caption  (Read 157358 times)

Offline Princess Susan

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Photo Identification, Question or Caption
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2010, 03:53:04 AM »
Yes, it's likely they are Habsburgs, but who they are exactly? Any idea?? :(

Offline beladona

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »
If they are Habsburgs (but I am not sure), it could be only the younger children of Archduke Karl Habsburg-Teschen, no other Habsburg children pass to the year 1836. Are there any pictures of Karl´s children to compare?

Offline MarieCharlotte

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Sophie Charlotte (1847-1897)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2010, 06:02:29 PM »
If they are Habsburgs (but I am not sure), it could be only the younger children of Archduke Karl Habsburg-Teschen, no other Habsburg children pass to the year 1836. Are there any pictures of Karl´s children to compare?

Well, there is actually a well-known portrait of Karl and his children, but I couldn'f find it online.

Anyway, I don't think that these children are the younger ones of Archduke Karl. In the pic we can see two little girls, but Karl had only two daughters, Therese (born 1816) and Marie Caroline (born 1825). In 1836 even Marie would have been too old to be one of them.

Fendi also did a beautiful painting showing all of Queen Caroline of Bavaria's grandchildren. Maybe "our" picture doesn't show siblings, but cousins ... Nevertheless, I am not sure if these children are Habsburgs at all. They could be the children of any noble Austrian family.
Ich aber breite trauernd aus
die weiten weissen Schwingen,
Und kehr' ins Feenreich nach Haus -
Nichts soll mich wieder bringen.

Elisabeth

Offline Yseult

• Knyaz
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2010, 08:11:02 AM »
Hello!
This is a cabinet for sale on ebay, with ID: Maria Theresa of Braganza archduchess of Austria. Dear Katenka (Fyodorovna) thinks she´s not Maria Theresa. I was sure she was Maria Theresa or maybe one of her sisters -a see a strong resemblance. Maybe anyone could help...
;)

Rani

« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2010, 08:18:47 AM »
Hello!
This is a cabinet for sale on ebay, with ID: Maria Theresa of Braganza archduchess of Austria. Dear Katenka (Fyodorovna) thinks she´s not Maria Theresa. I was sure she was Maria Theresa or maybe one of her sisters -a see a strong resemblance. Maybe anyone could help...
;)

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/wennichtanzenwill/ADMariaTheresia.jpg

I asked this Maria and she said it is Maria Theresia. And that she had a photo from the same session.

After I looked at the mouth and the ears, I would say she is it , too.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:33:18 AM by Svetabel »

Offline Yseult

• Knyaz
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »
Thanks, Rani. I really believe she´s Maria Theresa, but she could be also one of her sisters. Maria das Neves had a very strong resemblance to Maria Theresa...

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2010, 08:35:13 AM »
For me that young girl she looks like Luisa von Thurn und Taxis, spouse of Friedrich Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.

P.S. One more time -PLEASE, don't quote large photos!!

Offline MarieCharlotte

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2010, 08:39:36 AM »
It's Marie Therese, Karl Ludwig's third wife. I have another photo of this sitting. Maybe I have enough time to post it later.

Elisabeth

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2010, 09:04:52 AM »
Please do it., Cause she doesnt look at all like Maria Therese, First, different look in her eyes, her mouth and softer features, M theresa had also thicker eyebrows and etc etc.

Im with Svetabel , the lady had an strong "thurn und taxis" look.

Louise

"Mistery lady"

Herea picture of M. Theresa circa the same date of our "mistery lady" photo. Look carefully to the features of her  face. They re totally different (and note that bith are posing showing the "profile" )

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Rani

« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2010, 09:06:21 AM »
Thanks, Rani. I really believe she´s Maria Theresa, but she could be also one of her sisters. Maria das Neves had a very strong resemblance to Maria Theresa...

Now I´m confused!

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2010, 09:35:27 AM »
One thing is for sure, its not Maria Theresa. I dont know..now looking pictures of Maria das neves, it could be her too

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Offline MarieCharlotte

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2010, 11:22:10 AM »
I still think it's an early photograph of Marie Therese. Here is another one of Marie Therese aged 21 with her new born daughter Maria Annunziata ... If it's not her, the lady could be one of her sisters, too - except for Marie José who looked differently.

By the way, Katenka_Fyodorovna, the other picture of Marie Therese you posted shows the archduchess in her late twenties. So it doesn't make sense to compare these pictures at all. The Thurn und Taxis theory is nonsense if you ask me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:27:04 AM by MarieCharlotte »

Elisabeth

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »
I still believe its NOT marie Therese. Well.... here other pictures of her a a young woman and you can see both women are way different, Maybe there s a "soft" resemblance, but defo, its NOT her.

Here in the engagement picture.1873 with 19 years old. I dont see much difference between the picture i posted of her in her late twenties with this one. Still...i cant see resemblance between the real M. Theresa and the other lady

The picture of ther "mistery lady" is circa 1877-1879 according her dress so if its Therena (i highly doubt it) she would have 22-24 yrs old and noticing that there s not much difference between the two pictures i posted of her, there s no doubt that the other lady isnt her.

Another hint...what about where the picture was taken?. Baden . Could it be just an ordinary women with a wrong "label"?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:46:13 AM by Katenka_Fyodorovna »

Rani

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2010, 11:55:29 AM »
On the card you can read Hofphotograph, court photograph.

So, I think it is a Braganza princess, but which. I thought first it is Elisabeth Thurn und Taxis or her daughter Maria Theresia, whose husbands name was Karl Ludwig. On ebay is the back of the photo: Maria Theresa Braganza married to Karl Ludwig Erzherzog von Österreich. Maybe it´s wrong and its Karl Ludwig Thurn und Taxis???

Offline Yseult

• Knyaz
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »
Katenka, Baden-Baden was one of the most famous resorts of these times. I´m pretty sure almost all the royals were more than twice spending some weeks in Baden-Baden ;)

I don´t think she´s an ordinary woman and I can see the Braganza features. My first impression was she was Maria Theresa. If not, I suppose she can be Maria das Neves. But I believe she´s one of the Braganza sisters, not an ordinary woman with a beautiful dress ;)