Author Topic: High-Quality Aleksei Romanov Fansite  (Read 6197 times)

Offline Darkness_tillXx

• View Profile
High-Quality Aleksei Romanov Fansite
« on: May 15, 2006, 02:09:36 AM »
Alright, this is strictly a discussion I would really like to have, and it would help me to make a high-quality Aleksei Nicholaevich Romanov Fansite.
High-quality would be like this fansite: http://skandarkeynesfan.com/ , except, dedicated to Aleksei.
It would have a broad gallery, truthful information, dates, quotes, and videos.
But, I need help in order for it to be completed. I'm really hoping for the site to become a sort of official Aleksei fansite. I use the term fansite lightly, because I dont mean loads of fangirls to frequent it, but people jst looking for a bit of info..and of course, those fangirls. lol I once was one..but now I understand that people just seek the truth, and so I really wanted to make an official site for him, not just some webpage.
And I was thinking that I could make one for each of the 4 GDs as well, if this one goes smoothly.
First, I'll need to get hosted. If anyone here knows anything about fansites, making webpages, HTML, FTP, etc. please post ANYTHING. I would really like all the help I can get, and I shall credit whoever helps.
I'm serious about this, and my goal would be sort of like this site, but of Aleksei.
I'll also need someone with a large collection of pics. As well as someone with a large collection of quotes, letters, etc. Everything.
Of course, since I'm a fan, I know alot about Aleksei, but not as much as the people here. I just would like to be able to hire a co-webbie and a few others like graphics-maker, gallery-updater, and more. Any help that I can get; anything that anyone would like to offer, would all contribute the site.
Btw, Ive made fansites before, so I know a thing or two about them; but, again, I need the help. Just browsing around this forum is a huge help, but I just want to make it clear that I need a co-webbie; someone to help me run this future site, and it would be great if that person, or anyone else, someone, knew something about FTP, or PHP, or HTML (I only know the basics). Also, I would really love for someone with a huge Aleksei gallery. *cough*Tukker-Ragazzo*cough* to help.
If the Aleksei fansite doesnt work out..meaning if I dont have any co-webbies or no one is willing to help with it, I'll try and make a high-quality fansite of Anastasia, or Maria.
But, if it does work out, I know that it can be great, and really an important staple of Romanov sites, like Romanov Web, AP, Frozen Tears, etc.  So please, if anyone is willing to help, please post any helpful info on getting hosted, HTML, FTP, PHP, if you're interested in being a co-webbie, contributing, donating Aleksei graphics, and anything else.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Darkness_tillXx »

Offline aussiechick12

• Graf
  • .Darling Diana.
    • View Profile
    • Tatiana Romanova
Re: High-Quality Aleksei Romanov Fansite
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 03:11:05 AM »
It sounds like your really interested and you've planned it all ect. and I really want to help you but I don't know what to offer you. I have some Alexei photos, some information but I'm very much doubting I have as much as someone who wants to make a Fansite on him. Plus I haven't the slightest idea on how to make a website. Maybe if you have any little jobs or anything you need someone to do you can ask me? Just let me know!

:) Emma
"Cameo like profile . . . a lovely rose maiden and as pure as flower" - Lili Dehn on Tatiana.
www.tatianaromanova.piczo.com

Offline Darkness_tillXx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 03:23:12 AM »
Of course, if you are willing to help then I'll keep you in mind if I need anything done. But, remember that is a looooooooong way off the loooooong road to fansite..ness..lol  ::) Since I've worked on fansites, I think that at first it should be freewebs, so that the hostees may see what itll look like or get a clear picture of what it would look like when it is hosted..hosted means that it'll be AlekseiRomanovfan.com instead of freewebs.com/alekseiromanovfan...etc. So it would have its own domain, which is just a fancy shcmancy word for..its own name, place, etc.  ;D Thanks for the reply!

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 04:50:27 PM »
Hi :), but of course of making a web page it important to write down or link of source and photo copy images. So everyone will be happy.

amanduhh592

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:28:12 PM »
Thats a good idea to make one for Alexey.

Offline Tukker-ragazzo

• Ricordate Alexei per sempre!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 07:48:21 AM »
Of course the Alexei-album can be used for this Fansite, for that purpose, the album has been made for! :)
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/Alexei-7/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by rubberduck-6 »

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 09:56:47 AM »
thats a great idea! i would be happy to help :)

i have experience in HTML, and a few other things.
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 09:33:34 PM »
If you need FTP or HTML help, just send me a PM and I'll help anyway I can.  :)

Offline Darkness_tillXx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 11:36:49 PM »
Oh guys, thank you all so much! I was thinking...do you guys think that there whould e a forum along with the site? I want the site to be sort of Made By Fans for Fans, so I might periodically ask what you guys think of some of the ideas I have in mind. Any suggestions?

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 04:30:24 PM »
YAY!!!
i can't wait!

have you gotten the layout yet?
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 05:30:40 PM »
I have a lot of Alexei's drawings and pictures of his letters if that helps sofi.
 :D And...of course...if you decide to make an Anastasia site...ASK ME!! :D
*tries to calm down* I'm not a computer genius but I do know a bit. Emily (GD_42) has a really cool website and looks like she knows how to make a good website!  :)
                         Holly
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline Olga_Anna

• Knyaz
  • ~Looking for stars, Listening for angels~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 11:20:41 AM »
I'll be happy to help also. I don't have alot of pics of Alexei, but I wouldn't mind working on the design of the site.  :)

Offline Natasya

• I like Russia, history, and Russian history.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »
I know almost nothing about computers, but I have lots of pictures and a couple of letters and have experience in designing layouts. I'd be happy to help.
A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's prooven.
-Jean Chretien

Offline Darkness_tillXx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 04:50:39 AM »
 ;D Thanks to all! Yep, I've gotten the layout, but unfortunately I cant post it on the web, yet, so I've sent a msaple to GD_42, and Holly, if this site works out, then guess who's up next? Why, Nastya, of course! She really deserves it. (I'd love to make a Naotmaa chain of sites *squee*)
Now I'm working with GD_42 for the content!
If any of you'd liek to submit or comment or help or anything at all (!!) Just email me at AlekseiMalenkaya@AOL.com