Author Topic: Re:Suvorov Family History-Burial Site For Family &  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re:Suvorov Family History-Burial Site For Family &
« on: June 12, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »
[size=10]I am interested in knowing Family history of the Suvorov Family, all family members, their homes, properties, their portraits, pictures of family members down the centuries, and final gravesites of all family members. Any information would be gratefully appreciated !

Thank you in advance. [This was my father's mother's family]

Tatiana+[/size]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Tania »
TatianaA

Offline AlexP@asia.com

• GuangZhou, GuangDong, China
    • View Profile
    • Russian Shanghai
Re: Re:Suvrov Family History-Burial Sites For Fami
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 08:27:41 PM »
GuangZhou, PRC

Dear Tania,

I am writing all of what follows from memory so I would ask Belochka's, and David P's, and Svetabel's assistance in correcting whatever needs to be corrected.

1.  It is true that Suvorov himself is buried in the Annunciation Church in St. Alexander Nevsky Lavra.

2.  Here is the actual picture of his grave.  http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11248

3. There is a Suvorov Family Association in Russia that is relatively active. I will search for the url perhaps one of our correspondents in Russia can help here.

4.  There were or are two Suvorov Family Estates -- one is in Russia proper and the other is in modern-day Belarus.  I am aware that the Suvorov Family Estate in Russia proper has been restored and reconstructed, thanks in part to the work of the Suvorov Family Association.  I am unaware as to what has happened to the estate in Belarus.  There is a mausoleum on the site of the Suvorov Family Estate in Russia and by all accounts, the Bolsheviks hordes did not desecrate it although the estate itself was pillaged (but has since been restored).

5.  When I return home this evening I will cocntinue this particular thread.  Hope this is a good beginning and all of the best, Tania,

Alex P.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AlexP@asia.com »
All of the Very Best from GuangZhou.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Suvrov Family History-Burial Sites For Fami
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 09:02:57 PM »
[size=10]Dear AlexP@asia.com,

Thank you very much for your taking time to find information on our family relative Suvorov.
I have never seen in person, nor of any picture, the resting place of any of the Suvorov's.
It is an honor to receive it finally, in the 63 year of my life.
I am very moved by you and Belochka's efforts to gain information on my behalf.
I had tried very many times to find anything, and if there were any association on Suvorov, etc.
In all of my efforts, no response. You can imagine how all the more it may be for many others
seeking any information on their family history[ies] etc. and met with utter silence.
I had seen one of the estates, out in a country area, with an elderly woman and a young boy's picture
[one seated, one standing] inside the dacha.  I have also seen pictures of the Suvorov museum, but of any other particular homes, and or pictures or paintings of other family members, none at all.
Also some years back, when we went to Russia, in the winter palace, in one of the grand hallways of the palace where all the honored military and noted persons portraits were shown, I saw Suvorov's portrait in full. I think it would be very interesting to see portraits of the family members, if the still survived the revolution, etc., and any further stories about family members. I can't tell you how excited I am !

I again thank you most appreciatively for all your kindness in your added gift of taking time to search in depth on this honored person's profile, etc. Words cannot express my thanks. I know you work hard, and are exhausted from your job, but for you to take your free time, deserves every appreciative thanks. Please don't hurry in your search for any information. For me to receive anything is a gift in itself. I look forward to whatever gift of information shall come my way.  : )

P.S. I did not know that the Bolshiviks allowed his person to be honored. What an interesting fact ! Thank you again AlexP !

God Bless !

Tatiana+

GuangZhou, PRC

Dear Tania,

I am writing all of what follows from memory so I would ask Belochka's, and David P's, and Svetabel's assistance in correcting whatever needs to be corrected.

1.  It is true that Suvorov himself is buried in the Annunciation Church in St. Alexander Nevsky Lavra.

2.  Here is the actual picture of his grave.  http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=11248

3. There is a Suvorov Family Association in Russia that is relatively active. I will search for the url perhaps one of our correspondents in Russia can help here.

4.  There were or are two Suvorov Family Estates -- one is in Russia proper and the other is in modern-day Belarus.  I am aware that the Suvorov Family Estate in Russia proper has been restored and reconstructed, thanks in part to the work of the Suvorov Family Association.  I am unaware as to what has happened to the estate in Belarus.  There is a mausoleum on the site of the Suvorov Family Estate in Russia and by all accounts, the Bolsheviks hordes did not desecrate it although the estate itself was pillaged (but has since been restored).

5.  When I return home this evening I will cocntinue this particular thread.  Hope this is a good beginning and all of the best, Tania,

Alex P.
[/size]
TatianaA

Offline AlexP@asia.com

• View Profile
    • Russian Shanghai
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 11:09:22 AM »
GuangZhou, PRC

Dear Tania:

Here we go as I promised you.

Step One.

1.  The International Institute of Social History of the Royal Dutch Government, for whatever reasons, purchased the complete archives of the Russian Cultural Association of Paris when this Cultural Association was in the process of ceasing to exist.   In the archives of the Russiaan Cultural Association of Paris, now to be found in the Netherlands at this International Institute, is THE COMPLETE GENEALOGY of the Suvorov Family, including the Emigration, up to and including the year 1955.

You can consult the online reading library at http://www.iisg.nl/readingroom.php but the actual Suvorov Archives, which are located in Box 33 A of the Maria Basmakova Collection, are only available on site.  But the general public is allowed to consult them.  

That is one step in the right direction for you. :)

2.  Next, if you can contact the Russian Orthodox Church Headquarters in Moscow, the Commucations of the Church, at the Danilovsky Monastery in Moscow.   You can obtain their telephone number from the site www.mospat.ru in English.  Ask them to put you in touch with Very Reverend Father Valeri SUVOROV.  Ask them if they have him contact you.  He is one of the members of the Suvorov Family Association.  He is somewhere out in the boondocks -- like Ekaterinburg, I think.

That is step two in the right direction for you.! :) :)

3.  Here is a rendering (with the family name in English) of the Suvorov Coat of Arms.  I would ask  that David authenticate as I am just a little dubious.

http://www.4crests.com/suvorov-russian.html

That is step three in the right direction for you. :) :) :)

4.  Here is a link that will take to the Russian State  Suvorov Museum in St. Petersburg.

http://petersburgcity.com/city/photos/museums/suvorov/

More will follow.  Hope all is well.

From GuangZhou with the Best,

Alex P.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 01:12:57 PM »
[size=10]Dear AlexP@asia.com,

My word! I am overcome with emotion at the suddeness of all this information. I am pinching myself  ;D
I will have to read this several times or more to make sure it enters into my golova ! My word! There is so much to delve into. I will have to ask our daughter to come join me in the search of all of this. I am sure, she will be more than happy, and very appreciative. Thank you !!! Spaciba !

As I said, this is a lot, but again, my word, more to follow, and it is not even Christmas.

There are no words to adequately thank you. We are worlds apart, save that your heart and your kindness to allow me entrance back into family history is something that is not offered every day.
God Bless you a hundred fold !

I will allow you understanding in my journey as I go along. I will also contact David, who I am sure by now has or will be reading this thread. So again and now thank you to both of you.
I'm off ! I wish you a good day, and many ahead  :) AlexP@asia.com.

Best Regards,
Tatiana+[/size]

GuangZhou, PRC

Dear Tania:

Here we go as I promised you.

Step One.

1.  The International Institute of Social History of the Royal Dutch Government, for whatever reasons, purchased the complete archives of the Russian Cultural Association of Paris when this Cultural Association was in the process of ceasing to exist.   In the archives of the Russiaan Cultural Association of Paris, now to be found in the Netherlands at this International Institute, is THE COMPLETE GENEALOGY of the Suvorov Family, including the Emigration, up to and including the year 1955.

You can consult the online reading library at http://www.iisg.nl/readingroom.php but the actual Suvorov Archives, which are located in Box 33 A of the Maria Basmakova Collection, are only available on site.  But the general public is allowed to consult them.  

That is one step in the right direction for you. :)

2.  Next, if you can contact the Russian Orthodox Church Headquarters in Moscow, the Commucations of the Church, at the Danilovsky Monastery in Moscow.   You can obtain their telephone number from the site www.mospat.ru in English.  Ask them to put you in touch with Very Reverend Father Valeri SUVOROV.  Ask them if they have him contact you.  He is one of the members of the Suvorov Family Association.  He is somewhere out in the boondocks -- like Ekaterinburg, I think.

That is step two in the right direction for you.! :) :)

3.  Here is a rendering (with the family name in English) of the Suvorov Coat of Arms.  I would ask  that David authenticate as I am just a little dubious.

http://www.4crests.com/suvorov-russian.html

That is step three in the right direction for you. :) :) :)

4.  Here is a link that will take to the Russian State  Suvorov Museum in St. Petersburg.

http://petersburgcity.com/city/photos/museums/suvorov/

More will follow.  Hope all is well.

From GuangZhou with the Best,

Alex P.

[size=10][/size]
TatianaA

Offline AlexP@asia.com

• View Profile
    • Russian Shanghai
Re: Re:Suvorov Family History-Burial Site For Fami
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:31:34 PM »
GuangZhou, PRC

Dear Tania,

I have much more...but I am off to Beijing for a few days on a business trip...when I return, I will continue to post more here for you.

All the best and maybe in my absence Belochka and David P. can assist.

From GuangZhou all the best (you probably remember this city as Canton, China)

Alex P.

P.S.  One little comment --Suvorov was VERY taught during the Soviet years.  They actually did some really good biographies of him.  Even Stalin said favorable things, believe it or not.   And Trotsky's making of the Red Army had a lot less to do with Trotsky than with Suvorov and his theories.